SAU Community

6boost Steampipe Manifolds

Proximity Motorsport

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has kyle still got internet access?

I was in cantact with him before xmas sorting out what size gate etc. I need for mine but now that I'm ready to order I can't get a reply out of him.

I noticed he hasn't been on here since 28th dec.

If anyone could get me in contact with him it would be greatly appreciated.

The coaters were on holiday until the 12th of Jan. There is about a week turnaround from them. Kyle told me ill get mine early next week, so sounds about right.

Kyle is a top bloke and the fact that the coaters were on holiday was something out of his control. The manifolds were all built before xmas so his part of the job was done.

Well, it is another week, and still no sign of mine. Of course they may arrive 5 minutes after I push post,

but without any news from anyone, how would I know?

I'm a bit tired of this modification game. The story is always the same. Prior to ordering, information flows

like water. Money paid, presto! you're the invisible man. I chased down Kyle a week ago and his attitude was

not my problem mate he seemed a little miffed that he had to answer the phone. In my view, I pay him the

$$s (well, actually the group buy organiser, not that he has been any more helpful), not the coaters, so

it is the person paid whose problem it is to keep me at the least informed and not feeling like oliver twist

when I just want a status update. "his part of the job" is not done till the person gets the product ordered.

At the start of december I would never imagine that the whole exercise could take two months front to back,

obviously with something like a manifold you need to book your car in for fitting, and hopefully slot in other

changes at the same time, otherwise the whole thing becomes much more costly..

Yeah it was christmas new year hols, but knowing the delays how hard would it have been for

6boost to have asked the coaters for a rush order, in view of the previous broken promises?

Now my car is booked in for the first week of feb, having been rescheduled three times, and I've basically given

up on this mod. When the things finally arrive I'll probably sell them to someone else, who will be lucky not

to have to put up with this.

I read the carbon fiber group buy, the sydneykid suspension group buy, and others, and think skyline owners

too often get a raw deal after the money is put down..

All takes time with things like this unfortunately.

My mate waited 5 months for an ETM manifold+ extra bits. His total was 3.5k

Which is why i decided to get one of Kyles manifolds.

There has been a staffing issue at the ceramic coaters resulting in a slow turn around. The sooner Kyle can do this inhouse the better.

But i have been told mine will arrive next week.

All takes time with things like this unfortunately.

My mate waited 5 months for an ETM manifold+ extra bits. His total was 3.5k

Which is why i decided to get one of Kyles manifolds.

There has been a staffing issue at the ceramic coaters resulting in a slow turn around. The sooner Kyle can do this inhouse the better.

But i have been told mine will arrive next week.

sh*t happens to the best business. What I can't stand is the combination of sh*t happening and getting stiffed

on communication.

it doesn't take much to keep me happy.

Like a blast email to everyone impacted saying: sorry, we're in a bad spot, when we know more, you'll know more.

But Kyle was like: dude, you're in a hurry? take it without the coating then. I've done my bit. Cya.

If he is a top block and this is a rock solid business then what does a bad business feel like?

I honestly am left to feel that if I write another email asking for an update it would be delayed further

- to teach me a lesson in humility.

does he do refunds? Kyle if you're reading this, refund me & I'll write how you turned the situation around

and me into a happy customer. Otherwise I'll have to sell it here anyway.

Yes he does refunds.

But honestly why would you want to get a refund? You will not get a manifold of this quality at this price ever again.

Just wait a week or two an im sure it will show up.

because to fit it costs ~$1000 in workshop time and I'll would have to pay it twice over.. once

for the stuff that also needs this access, and once again later when it arrives..

second reason, I already have an N1 manifolds which don't have the stock manifold inlet

restriction. This is my problem, totally own up to that, just you want full disclosure you got it.

third reason, the 6boost is going to add more than a few KG to the car, for possibly no benefit.

today a certain tuning shop told me (as I grumbled while picking up a BBK) that they had the same

issues trying to connect 6boost to their customers, so they don't deal with him anymore. If even

1 time out of 5 they got my experience then I can understand why.

Inline with GB rules about having a start & end date - this is now closed.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Th...Gro-t81129.html

SAU is clamping down on these GB's that never occur, never end, and so on.

PM me if you have a problem. However, before you PM me think about this.

A group buy, is a group of people buying the product together to lower the price.

Buying single units here and there is not what constitutes a GROUP BUY

Thanks