SAU Community

Whats This Do?

Cozza79

Just got my S2, which came with a pathetic 5 page cut-down "owners manual" (or the car-yards attempt at one) that refers only to the S1. So ... does anyone know where I can download a complete S2 Owners Manual, or have one I can purchase? I've done a google search and scoured Ebay to no avail. I've been reading the forums on here and discovered I've purchased a RSFOUR V with all the tricks, except the woodgrain dash, but have no idea what half the crap does.

If someone could tell me what the following buttons do that will get me started :blink:

There's a button just to the left of the stearing column with 4 wheels and an S in a circle in the middle, this lights up an identical light on the dash when pressed. Theory's thrown at me by my dopey mates is Traction Control, Center Diff Lock, Sports Mode, or Stability Control toggle. What is it really?

Also, on the centre console just under the arm rest is 2 switches for the seat warmers, but to the right of them is another toggle that says "Snow" above it and "A/T" on it ... wtf does this do??

The other buttons that had me confused only needed to be pressed for it to become obvious what they did, such as the side mirrors folding in etc but these 2 have me baffled as I cannot notice any immediate effect after turning them on/off.

im pretty sure that button with the S on it to the left of the steering wheel is a snow button, if you search the forum i think this has been covered before...

but someone in here who has an rs4v will know....

Welcome Cozza

The 4 wheels switch is "Syncro Mode" which locks the split to 50% front 50% rear

The Snow switch is for driving in the snow funnily enough stops the wheels spinning and shit

If you want a manual you'll have to sign up here http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131170/CATID=...1/products.html and wait until 2015 like the rest of us...

Regards

Snow button will prevent it going into 1st gear, ie take off in 2nd and I think change gears lower in the rev range.

Also, not a good idea to use the synchro button on hard surfaces at speed, only on grass, snow etc when you need it. Puts stress on the transfer case, especially when cornering on ashphalt. Ive only ever used it when on wet grass or at the boat ramp etc.

PS welcome by the way.

You won't need an owners manual, theres more info to be found on this forum, just about everything has been covered a few times over.

Ive got the full Japanese workshop manual, can be handy if you can work things out from the pictures, and also if you want to know a little more about your car, pm me your vin and ill send you what options your car came with.

The synchro button locks in 50/50 front rear drive - good for pulling your boat (one's boat as it were, I don't actually have a boat) out of the water or getting off the beach but when you get up speed (I'm not sure exactly where) the Attessa computer takes over and it goes back to 95% rear drive until it senses you're losing traction when it tranfers more drive to the front.

The snow button locks out first gear so its handy on the dyno where you can put the snow button on and select second gear so that the box won't kick down during a power run.

The power button (on the same rocker as the snow button at least on my car) makes the gearbox hang on longer before changing up but you can get the same effect by keeping your foot flat to the floor.

You can get an owners handbook for around $50 from the same place as you sign up for the manual. It tells you what controls do but it doesn't have any technical specifications.