SAU Community

N/a+t Power Results - N/a +t Turbo Conversions Only

N-DAWG

cheers, its all standard internally :thumbsup:

from unitconverter.com.au:

284rwkw = 380hp

295rwkw = 395.6hp

I want to see when I set my electronic boost controller if I can have a few of these settings ie. high boost, mid boost, low boost :)

Adam

The only other real problem is the Valve solenoid thing in the throttle body/manifold, Have stuck it in the Top end range so its always open which is killing some of the low down power.. Having replaced the Stock ECU there is no signal to control it as its not on the GTT model.. If anyone else has had this problem before and found a way to solve it please let me know or if anyone can suggest some ways to control it im all ears.

The ECU pin that controls the baffle switches it open in the mid 4000rpm region in the 25GT. In the GTt this is the very same ECU output that opens the boost control solenoid to go from low to high boost in the late 4000rpm region. Basically it should still operate much the same if the output is still connected......is there a setting in the

PFC that controls this output? May be worth sticking a multimeter on the pin and seeing when it triggers +12v (or if it does with a PFC)

Thanks Dan, Ill pass on the info to unigroup to check it out as I dont have a multimeter..

Any ideas how I can disable the TPS for the traction control on the ECU?

Still gotta try and look over the VCT too its running 4v on the ground side of the circuit.. Not quite sure what to look for, Maybe just something that looks out of the ordinary.

Very impressive results WYTSKY

Thanks Dan, Ill pass on the info to unigroup to check it out as I dont have a multimeter..

Any ideas how I can disable the TPS for the traction control on the ECU?

Still gotta try and look over the VCT too its running 4v on the ground side of the circuit.. Not quite sure what to look for, Maybe just something that looks out of the ordinary.

Very impressive results WYTSKY

I'll have a look, I tricked the signal on a car years ago using the 5v TPS feed and some diodes running into the sensor wire of the TCS. As far as it was concerned it could see the ~2.5v it need to not throw up an error signal.

How much did all the parts + labor cost for you wytsky? looking at chucking a turbo on my car as well but not sure if its a good idea long term

Just finished off making myself a heat shield, not the most overly pretty thing in the world but boy was it cheap :P

So here is a crappy phone camera pic of my engine bay for ya N-dawg.. completely stealth except for shiny shield but cant get defected for it anymore..

Gonna have to cover the heatshield with an assortment of jap stickers.. seeing as I have something from every major brand (nearly) on the car now.

post-51757-1273730281_thumb.jpg

my +t project is going on the dyno tomorrow - running a t3/t04e, hopefully the high compression will help spool the dinosaur turbo.

Did anyone here running the NEO RB25DE think about changing the intake manifold? or is the twin runner design superior to the DET manifold?

Adam you crazy mother fker, very impressive results mate :/

i'll hopefully be joining the 280-300 club soon but with a more reliable motor tho :P

not bad starting base aggroman, i guess u wont need my oil line anymore?

should hit 180+ with 12psi

How much did all the parts + labor cost for you wytsky? looking at chucking a turbo on my car as well but not sure if its a good idea long term

well, i did most of it myself. so depends how good you are with the tools. do you have an oil drain/oil return on your block? I cant remember the older stuff like manifold, gaskets, standard injectors etc etc as they were done years ago, so you need to do some reading to get all that sorted first.

Adam you crazy mother fker, very impressive results mate :/

i'll hopefully be joining the 280-300 club soon but with a more reliable motor tho :P

hehe, cheers bud. i said to myself, i'll be happy if we get 260, absolutely satisfied at 280 and any more is just a bonus, i'll see what happens with the gizzmo ebc as we are just using the bleed valve atm which is fine, but the gizzmo gives me 6 different boost settings so wouldn't mind an extra psi or so to really crack into the 300's very very occasionally and have a few different combos.

cheers, its all standard internally :ermm:

from unitconverter.com.au:

284rwkw = 380hp

295rwkw = 395.6hp

I want to see when I set my electronic boost controller if I can have a few of these settings ie. high boost, mid boost, low boost :P

Adam

thats great mate your catching me up,it wasn't so long ago i was being called a liar for these sort of figures,keep it coming i need the competition to get me motivated to the next level

200rwkw at 9psi

more to come if we can eliminate a lean spot when boost comes on at 3000rpm

breaks traction in any gear when you hit full boost, atmo vented external signals traction loss :s

planning to leave it at the current power level while I sort out the suspension, wheels, tires, and learn how to drive ...

Awesome work there Adam! Very nice set up, big turbo and still quite responsive judging by that graph, well done :ninja:

Cheers bud. Hows yours going at the moment?

are you doing the headgasket before you up the boost anymore,my tuner was concerned about taking it higher because of the standard gasket

nah, everyone thinks she'll be fine or atleast its not that worth it unless im taking the head off for other things.

200rwkw at 9psi

more to come if we can eliminate a lean spot when boost comes on at 3000rpm

breaks traction in any gear when you hit full boost, atmo vented external signals traction loss :s

planning to leave it at the current power level while I sort out the suspension, wheels, tires, and learn how to drive ...

what wheels/tyres do you have currently? you shouldnt be able to break traction in any gear....

michelin pilot sports

standard r33 gts25t rims

only went to third gear, backed off after that ... so not any gear

found an electrical fault causing the lean spot, workshop thinks there is a voltage drop which is causing the fuel pump to drop pressure - resulting in the lean spot. hopefully we can track this down

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my R33 on the dyno, made 164kW at all four on 9psi.

Its an S1 R33 GTS4 RB25DE, stock R34 turbo, Stock R34 SMIC, Stock R33 GTST ECU + Injectors, Stock RB25DET exhaust manifold, stock R33 front + dump pipe, 2.5" cat back exhaust, 50/50 water+methanol injection.

Car was incredibly lean down low (14.7:1) for about 1500rpm IN BOOST, then stupidly rich up top (low 10:1) possibly in rich and retard mode, the tuner (Nick Summers) reccomends full aftermarket management (i was going to fit an SAFC shortly) so thats all a bit disapointing. Explains why i was getting detonation in low revs above 6psi though (the reason why i fitted water meth) and i do agree with the tuner.

post-18637-1275868456_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKiT_R31

nice, another 33 gts4 :thumbsup:

What did he tune as I thought theres not much to tune because everything is locked on stock ecu?

Also, what about afm? I changed that first thing aswell when I started on turboing.