SAU Community

N/a+t Power Results - N/a +t Turbo Conversions Only

N-DAWG

Have t67 25g on 6 boost with tial 44mm gate on fully std 25de+t all suporting mods needs a tune should crack 400. Ill post up sheets when tuned

fully standard, crack 400, what?

your on crack.:rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

and finally my build is reaching its end

r32 coupe

rb25de neo

t3/t4

440cc inj

sard frp

wasted spark conversion (no more coil problems ever!)

walbro 255 pump

38mm external gate

3in thick huge intercooler

50mm bov

3" exh

z32 afm

z32 ecu rewired for inline 6 and vct (for the neo engine)

run in tune was on std injectors/afm, 200rwkw@9psi

getting retuned next week with the 440's and z32 gear, vct and more boost, shooting for 230 with better response.

other mods

hsd adjustable suspension

r32 gtr brakes/hubs

r33 gtst lsd

hicas lock bar

carbon kevlar unsprung race clutch 3000lb pressure plate

sad rb20 box

half cage

terrible paint

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Made 196 rwkw at 8 psi on Creatd Motorsports dyno today. Tuned by Rob at Creatd, exceptional bloke to deal with and very happy with the tune.

Relevant mods:

-Stock un-opened RB25DE engine, head, intake and airbox ~175,000kms

-Stock R33 GTST injectors, rail, ECU, exhaust manifold

-stock R34 GTT turbo

-Hybrid 600X300X76mm front mount intercooler

-custom 2.5" intercooler piping

-custom metal intake from AFM to turbo

-JJR 3" dump/front pipe

-Custom 2.5" high-flow exhaust, cat and mufflers

-Yellowjacket Coil-Packs

-NGK Platinum plugs gap

-Walbro GS-341 fuel pump

-Turbo-tech MBC

-Apexi SAFC "blue-screen"

-Oil cooler kit with filter relocator and thermostat

-Nismo adjustable fuel pressure regulator

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty good results guys, this is one of our drift cars built on a limited budget, survived two seasons in D1NZ plus specialty events, before it dropped compression on number one cylinder, we replaced the entire engine with another StageA RB25DE with around 70,00kms (nicely run in)and back to banging the limiter. $300 for the engine, cheap as chips and easy to replace, I would not go to another rebuilt engine unless it's a VK56.

It's all in the tuning.

Model - R33 GTS25T

Engine - RB25DE

Modifications / Parts Used - WGC34 RB25DE Engine, unopened 140,00kms. DSR 3540 Turbo, 800cc injectors, FFPlenum, with standard turbo throttle body, SS Top mount exhaust, 3" Turbo back straight exhaust with cannon muffler on the rear 5" tip, 44mm wastegate, 1 bar of boost

Engine Management Used - Plug in G4 Link, Tuned by Shred Motorsport

Fuel Used - Alcotane E85

Boost Used - 1 bar

Dyno Tune Results

Power- 479HP/357kw @ 7056RPM

Torque - 492Nm @ 6000RPM

Misc- use engine from auto car any RB25DE will do

Costs - Parts: $4k Labour: $by self Tuning: $sponsored, Dyna Pac Hub Dyno

Dyno Graph

Carlos3540.jpg

Edited by 0t1

Well, thought I should put something in here. Thought it was rbs but I saw a few cas too, so why not add mine.

VQ35de in a m35 Stagea. Awd. Hks z33 turbo kit with some tweaks. Gt3037, 60mm external, 600cc, walbro, tuning with uprev, by DVS Jez.

It's got about 200kw atw on a bit less than 6psi. Not super powerful, but it's a big ass wagon, and that's fun. Pretty much no lag whatsoever, as you can Imagine with 3.5 litres!

Forgot about the template sorry. Mods please delete my other post?

Model-1994 R33 Series 1 coupe

Engine-Stock un-opened engine, ~175,000kms at time of tune

Modifications / Parts Used- Stock GTS head, intake manifold and airbox

-Stock R33 GTST injectors, rail, exhaust manifold

-Anything not mentioned is stock GTS or GTST

-Stock R34 GTT turbo ~70,000kms

-Hybrid 600X300X76mm front mount intercooler

-Custom 2.5" intercooler piping

-Custom metal intake from AFM to turbo

-JJR 3" dump/front pipe

-Custom 2.5" high-flow exhaust, cat and mufflers

-Yellowjacket Coil-Packs

-NGK Platinum plugs

-Walbro GS-341 fuel pump

-Oil cooler kit with filter relocator and thermostat

-Nismo adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Engine Management Used-Apexi SAFC "blue-screen" with stock GTST ecu

Fuel Used-BP Ultimate 98 RON

Boost Used-Peak of ~8.5 PSI

Misc-No boost controller, just restrictors in the wastegate feed line.

-Needs a decent ECU to hold timing properly, will smooth the curve out and make a touch more.

-3" exhaust and boost controller may help the 6000-7000 rpm range hold more power.

-Car previously made ~140rwkw with basically the stock turbo set-up bolted straight on. Ran this way for a year with no problems.

-The dip in the graph at 115-125kph is apparently the ECU changing timing and fuelling for the stock solenoid to raise boost pressure, as the car doesn't have the solenoid it changes the power.

-Best part is stock GTS peak power at ~2800rpm, stock GTST peak power at ~4500rpm very responsive and fun to drive. Holds 170+rwkw for a full 2000rpm.

Dyno Tune Results-196rwkw@5800rpm

Costs-All up for relevant stuff, including turbo conversion and tuning roughly $3000. Labour I do myself. Tuned by Rob at Creatd Motorsports :thumbsup:

Edited by blk94r33

I ran this engine in my Cefiro Drift car for two seasons plus specialty events, the only problem was my final drive gearing was a bit too high for some tracks, I was using 4.3:1 locked diff.

Model - A31

Engine - RB30 with RB25DE head

Modifications / Parts Used - R31 RB30E Engine 240,000kms, RB25DE head . DSR 3540 Turbo, 650cc injectors, FFPlenum, with standard turbo throttle body, SS Top mount exhaust, 3" Turbo back straight exhaust with cannon muffler on the rear 5" tip, 34mm wastegate, 1 bar of boost, relocate cambelt tensioner, RB25DE oil pump,

Engine Management Used - Plug in GTS Link, Tuned by Shred Motorsport

Fuel Used - BP Ultimate 98

Boost Used - 1 bar

Dyno Tune Results

Power- 404HP/302kw @ 6243RPM

Torque - 500Nm @ 5468RPM

driftinc3540.jpg

Misc- use engine from auto car any RB30E will do

Costs - Parts: $4k Labour: $by self Tuning: $sponsored, Dyna Pac Hub Dyno

Prevous setup was with T3T4 and standard injectors and 265rwkw can't find the dyno pic?

drfincr3castrol.jpg

• 4 months later...

From last tune added:

Z32 Nistune ECU

Customized Cooling Mist WMI kit (see "let's talk water methanol injection" thread)

NGK BCPR7ES' gapped to .8

Boost wound up to ~9.5psi

post-74990-0-68340700-1350692330_thumb.jpg

Red is the stock ecu/SAFC combo, different dynos, conditions, times and probally the ECU being weird resulted in 166rwkw peak on this dyno.

Green is with the above mods, WMI de-activated.

Orange is the current tune with WMI and a few minor tweaks, if the WMI dies the engine should still survive rather than relying %100 on the WMI kit.

Massive +1 for Cat and Trent at Chequered Tuning, exceptional people to deal with from the get-go and i'm exceptionally happy with the tune and their awesome customer service. What the graphs don't show is the rest of the tune: on-off throttle, part throttle feel, anti-stall, fuel economy etc. Car is completely different to drive in every way.

• 4 months later...

They are pretty much the same box as the RB20DET, and will handle stock power happily and anything upwards of around 200rwkW safely if not abused; If you want to clutch drop/clutch kick/flat shift it will not last long at all at that power level.

• 7 months later...

Few changes made from last time (tune related only listed):

-Turbo hi-flowed by Hypergear, 12 psi actuator

-Fuel pressure raised to ~50 psi, stock injectors at ~90%

-Full CES racing 3" exhaust

-Larger oil cooler core

-40mm alloy radiator'

-Gates racing timing belt

-New water pump

-Went from a 250cc WMI noizzle down to a 180, pump pressure back up to peak of ~220psi.

-Did 5 stud conversion, more suspension work, new WMI tank etc. but most stuff is the same.

242 rwkw and 400 nm on ~15 psi.

AFR and torque, stock turbo at ~10 psi vs. hi-flow at ~15 psi

post-74990-0-70503500-1384169885_thumb.jpg

Power and torque, stock vs. hi-flow

post-74990-0-39353400-1384169973_thumb.jpg

Safe tune no WMI vs. WMI on and minor tune changes, awesome results for a VERY cheap and reliable (18+ months now) kit.

post-74990-0-73390900-1384170040_thumb.jpg

And another very happy Chequered Tuning customer. Could not be happier with their awesome customer service and another great tune. Cheers guys!

Edited by blk94r33
  • Like 1