SAU Community

Picked Up My Cars Today

So..... I finally went to the compliance workshop to collect my V35s today... The mint silver one: post-39451-1229605347_thumb.jpg

and the Chargespeed car:

post-39451-1229605421_thumb.jpg

Remembering how difficult it made things when I collected the Legnum which had a dead battery and less than no fuel, I took along my jumper cables and a 20l jerry can of BP's finest. I went to the bank at 9am and got CTP for the cars, then picked up 2 mates, so we were all set...

The signatory for my compliance paperwork was on his way when I got there, but estimated to be a fair way off, and my mates needed to get back to the Gold Coast (50km away) for work, so I gave them the silver silver car and sent them on their way, while I waited for the paperwork to be finalised.

Now, the battery in the silver car is completely cactus, and has been ever since the car landed here (months ago), and I told my mate this before he drove it away to my mechanic's workshop. So, off he went, and I didn't spare another thought for him...

I waited for the signatory to arrive and do his thing, meanwhile discovering that the drivers side door handle (exterior) of the Chargespeed car is a bit temperamental, and only actually opens the door about 15% of the time (once every 6 tries or so), and that the battery, whilst better than the silver car's, was very flat, and of questionable usefulness.

So, the signatory finished his job, and I bid farewell to the compliance guys (absolute champions!), having taken their mobile numbers 'just in case'... the 10L of fuel this car took didn't even stop the fuel warning light coming on, so I decided to stop at the local servo to refill, but because the battery was questionable, I left the engine on, and locked the car with the spare key.

Upon trying the fuel flap, I found it wouldn't open (the car was locked), so i tried to open the drivers side door........no luck. Assuming it was the faulty door handle, I tried a few more times.......no luck. Then I tried the passenger door......no joy. I tried using the keyfob to unlock/lock/open the boot, all to no avail, and tried physically turning the key in the doorlock: still with no luck (maybe Chris Rogers can explain why...)!

After much swearing, I realised I'd left my mobile in the car.... After much more swearing, I convinced the servo lady to let me call the compliance workshop, who were just around the corner, and they said they'd come asap. So here I was with my car running at the bowser, locked out with no idea how to get back back in: it was testing my good humour...

about 45 min later, we managed to lever the window away from the door, and used a coathanger to push the window button down, and after mucjh thanks I was on my way again!

I delivered the Chargespeed car to my mechanic, but could not see the silver car anywhere... Upon checking my messages, I found that my mate had left the silver car at his place, and gone to work having hidden the key under a wheelie bin. So I grab another mate, and we go to the silver car, which was parked at the bottom of a steep driveway, next to the tree my mate had cut down last weekend, and completely inaccessible to jump-start. I lost it at this point...

Long story short(ish), after 4 trips to and from the silver car, we changed the battery, and it started, at which point I discovered the passenger side headlight contained a heap of condensation, and the headlight does not work.

But at least I have may cars!

First impressions are good: torquey, quiet and smooooooth! I don't know what I was expecting, but I am VERY impressed. I do believe they need more power, though, so I will more than likely supercharge one of mine early next year, and see how it goes...

just thought I'd share my first day of V35 ownership....

Needed a parts mule to pass the blue car, so told my agent to get any manual V35 he could find. Ended up getting the one in the pic: '03 350GT premium manual, grade 4.5A, 10800km: I was very happy!

*edit* The blu car has heaps of cf parts that needed to be changed for compliance

micah,

at least you didn't have one lock itself when it started and lock the keys in the car in the middle of a compliace shop. ( I did that one :O )

in regard to the CS car - leave a window down a bit and when you drop the car to me I'll tear it down and tell you what is wrong. at a guess I'm gong to say the door actuator is stuffed.

as for more power - hit up the compliance shop for a ride in the wine coloured one. that is one VERY wild ride.

as for more power - hit up the compliance shop for a ride in the wine coloured one. that is one VERY wild ride.

The sedan? I thought he sold the SC kit attached to the coupe?

...Or am I on the wrong track entirely?

i want more power :down:

Take my advice

If you just want to go fast rather than spending 10k on a turbo or SC kit + labour tune etc

Buy a 2nd hand sports bike! EG R1 ZX10 or one of the 600's

more than enough to make you glad the V35 is so refined and fine the way it is

well in my opinion

Take my advice

If you just want to go fast rather than spending 10k on a turbo or SC kit + labour tune etc

Buy a 2nd hand sports bike! EG R1 ZX10 or one of the 600's

more than enough to make you glad the V35 is so refined and fine the way it is

well in my opinion

hahah i have one!

i sold the s15 and i bought the v35 because i didnt want to go "fast" in it because i have the motorbike now just on my P's so still putting around on the cbr250rr

but i miss the power in the car so next year saving up for SC or TT kit

my old 180sx used to throw out 308rwkw and was good for a 12.2 second pass on street tyres down the quarter

But after getting my Kawasaki ninja zx636 which stock std with my crappy riding pulled a 11.7 it dawned on me what I had been missing out on and I kind of felt a bit pissed off I had spent so much money on the 180sx

V35 for pimping :P

ZX636 for the kind of rush that only illegal drugs could come close to

no disrespect to the CBR250RR as its a great bike if your licence wont let u get a bigger one but it would be like driving a stock XT falcon compared to R35GTR being a 600 or 1L bike

my old 180sx used to throw out 308rwkw and was good for a 12.2 second pass on street tyres down the quarter

But after getting my Kawasaki ninja zx636 which stock std with my crappy riding pulled a 11.7 it dawned on me what I had been missing out on and I kind of felt a bit pissed off I had spent so much money on the 180sx

V35 for pimping :laugh:

ZX636 for the kind of rush that only illegal drugs could come close to

no disrespect to the CBR250RR as its a great bike if your licence wont let u get a bigger one but it would be like driving a stock XT falcon compared to R35GTR being a 600 or 1L bike

i realise that, the problem is everyone has to start somewhere!

308rwkw man my old s15 made 252rwkw and i managed a 11.8 sec pass! semi slicks :D also did a 1:09 around wakefield my first time there in it, i miss that car :banana: was so well put togehter and all top shelf parts, and it handled like magic :ninja:

Edited by BLISTC