SAU Community

What Are You Running?

R31Nismoid

What do you guys think is better a 970 black edition or a 970 wind force ?

Apart from clockspeeds (usually isn't much to be honest) and the styling they will be the same. There isn't really much that distances the same cards today. They are both good so get whichever is the best deal.

• 3 weeks later...

I will probably only have windows on the ssd and what is a good price for a 3.5 ghz i5?

Not sure but you could always look on eBay and see what kind of deal you can get. If you're in the UK you could look on Scan.co.uk which is a pretty decent site, I've got quite a few components off there and so far no issues with them.

eBay you can get decent parts if you're willing to look around. I've just bought an old EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SuperClock which cost £40 + £5 for delivery, I didn't need it but I like them so it was an impulse purchase.

My R9 280X with 3gb of DDR5 has been doing very well with modern games lately.

Few hiccups with GTA5 due to AMD, but runs 50-90fps on high-ultra settings (all the advanced graphics and distances turned off). And been running really well with project cars, maxing out everything except shadows and reflections (to keep it smooth). Also none of the issues that the 290 cards are having

My R9 280X with 3gb of DDR5 has been doing very well with modern games lately.

Few hiccups with GTA5 due to AMD, but runs 50-90fps on high-ultra settings (all the advanced graphics and distances turned off). And been running really well with project cars, maxing out everything except shadows and reflections (to keep it smooth). Also none of the issues that the 290 cards are having

Have the same card, also surprised how well it plays modern games.

Case: NZXT H440
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3M
CPU & CPU Cooler: Intel i7 4790K & Corsair H100 GTX
RAM:Kingston Hyper X 8GB 1866Mhz Dual Channel
Monitor: 25inch Dell Full HD Monitor (will upgrade soon)
Graphics Card: Gainward GeForce GTX980 4GB GDDR5
HDD(s):Kingston Hyper X Fury 120GB SSD & WD Green 1TB
OS Used: Windows 8.1
Peripherals: Razor Orachi Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech G27, Xbox One Controller

• 4 weeks later...

Just started to collect parts for a new build, my 5 year old PC is starting to show its age.

Starting off with a Mini ITX and a Lian Li.

I have the case, but i'm waiting for all the new lineup of GPU's to be released.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you guys get neat cable managements?

My case looks like a rats nest inside with explosions of cables everywhere, and my poor attempt at cable managements only made the inside 1000xs worse... :closedeyes:

Be gentle with the Corsair cooler. Also that WD Green drive, if you're doing anything more than archiving, you're gonna have a bad time.

Corsair is holding up really good at the moment as i have overclocked it to 4.2Ghz without any dramas. I will order WD Black 1TB drives, agreed the Green will cause trouble other than mass storage as its limited to 5200rpm versus the 7200rpm of Blue and Black.

Corsair 450D:
Gigabyte Z97X-SOC:
i7-4790K+H100i:
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 (4GBx2):
Acer 24":
Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB:
840 EVO 240GB, Seagate 4TB(s):
Windows 8.1 + OS X 10.8.2:
M65, K40, NZXT Hue:

It's overkill for the games that I play.

Corsair is holding up really good at the moment as i have overclocked it to 4.2Ghz without any dramas. I will order WD Black 1TB drives, agreed the Green will cause trouble other than mass storage as its limited to 5200rpm versus the 7200rpm of Blue and Black.

The WD greens are nice and quiet though. But horribly slow.