SAU Community

Skyline Drivers Losers?

i've only had my R33 GTS-T for a couple of months now and I am pretty good on the roads but in that two month period, for absolutely no reason at all, i've been tailgated numerous times (usually by commodore drivers) & just tonight some random f*ckwad in an ugly green Merc A-class decided to follow me as i was casually driving back from work and start flashing his lights at me, then as he passed he slow down and give me death stares like i was some serial killer or something. wtf.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've only had my R33 GTS-T for a couple of months now and I am pretty good on the roads but in that two month period, for absolutely no reason at all, i've been tailgated numerous times (usually by commodore drivers) & just tonight some random f*ckwad in an ugly green Merc A-class decided to follow me as i was casually driving back from work and start flashing his lights at me, then as he passed he slow down and give me death stares like i was some serial killer or something. wtf.

lol that sounds about right what you have to understand is that australians are one of the worst drivers in the world. they are arrogant and only think about themselves and are too involved in there own little worlds to realise what is happening around them, also they hate being overtaken by another driver its like a sin or something to overtake someone else and they get all angry about it. or they just sit in the right lane and not overtake or acknowledge anything going on it pisses me off, i hate aussie drivers and im one of them. end rant.

i read a good article a few weeks back about a guy coming to australia who lived over in europe and is amazed how bad it is hear.In fact i have read quite a few articles like that.

lol that sounds about right what you have to understand is that australians are one of the worst drivers in the world. they are arrogant and only think about themselves and are too involved in there own little worlds to realise what is happening around them, also they hate being overtaken by another driver its like a sin or something to overtake someone else and they get all angry about it. or they just sit in the right lane and not overtake or acknowledge anything going on it pisses me off, i hate aussie drivers and im one of them. end rant.

i read a good article a few weeks back about a guy coming to australia who lived over in europe and is amazed how bad it is hear.In fact i have read quite a few articles like that.

lol! summed it up perfect mate!

i do the "comfort zone"tm.

when im going to see the olds an hour from bris

you get cocks overtaking you for no reason then sit in front of you

so then you casually overtake them

they get the shits real bad especially commo / base model euro car drivers

so they will pull out all aggressively and try to get in front again

then i use the "comfort zone"tm. where you look dead ahead and match there overtake speed......and they either

1.swallow there base model pride and pull back behind

2.hold it flat and end up giving up and pulling back behind due to no power 3.8 ecotec....lol

3 scream and yell with spit spray hitting there window like a rabid dog and hold there foot down till 200 k's ..........seen that a few times

either way its fun seeing people go friggen retarded over someone overtaking them

lol it sure makes my trip easier :)

Perhaps I can shed some psychological light on the original topic, i.e. waving to other Skyline owners. If someone has already suggested this then I apologise, this thread was 10 pages too long for me at this time of night.

I think the reason most users on here would wave to each other on the road is one of the reasons they are here in the first place...they like to celebrate ownership of their car and actively seek a community to share the interest with. In contrast, there are many who don't feel this way about their car. They don't have the mindset that says "I'm in something special and so is this person, we have something in common and should acknowledge it". These are the people who will more than likely give you a weird look or ignore you when you wave to them...it's also the reason they probably aren't an SAU member.

Add to this that Skylines are so common these days, waving to another is almost like a Commodore driver waving to another. When I used to drive my Calibra around I would often receive acknowledgement from another Calibra driver, moreso than I get when driving my Skyline - I think because it is a rarer car and therefore more celebrated by its owner due to the rare sight (just like the vintage car example in the original post). That said, the Calibra community has its fair share of owner snobs who think of it as an A to B car...or aren't interested in knowing anyone else with one.

hahah...

i had a commodore driver do that to me just last night on the freeway. As i was approaching the city i dropped down to 80 as the speed changes just before the bridge. He sat behind me right up my ass for about 500 meters. I started dropping my speed from 80 to 70 to 60 and he still continued to tail gate me. Wasn't till i hit 50 he decided, o maybe i should take the right lane and overtake him. You should of seen his face! hahaha. He then raced off only to be stopped at the lights when turning into st george street in which i stopped next to him. He gave me the "death stare" as well.

I just smiled at him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well bit of a success story in this thread, I was with my chicky babe the other day drivin home on burwood highway, Melb. Got to around Vermont Sth shopping centre and was at the lights,and this white r34 pulled up behind me., number plate was LUKIEB, had a big cooler and looked real good from what i could see, i had to make the next u turn, and the guy gave me a good old thumbs and beeped his horn up as he drove past, i did the same. See, there are good skyline drivers out there :P

post-61560-1242577982_thumb.jpg

another good story the other day on mothers day i saw a nice r34 gtr with an east bear kit drive past me on jacksons road towards waverly gardens shopping centre we got a red turning light turning onto the road waverly gardens is on and then got the next red light up after turning on that road as we both were starting to go as the light turned green as i came up beside it we both gave the thumbs up and then as i was turning into the cemetery he beeped me to acknowledge as well. :P

Well bit of a success story in this thread, I was with my chicky babe the other day drivin home on burwood highway, Melb. Got to around Vermont Sth shopping centre and was at the lights,and this white r34 pulled up behind me., number plate was LUKIEB, had a big cooler and looked real good from what i could see, i had to make the next u turn, and the guy gave me a good old thumbs and beeped his horn up as he drove past, i did the same. See, there are good skyline drivers out there :(

Hahaha you live very close to me. I'm just off Terrara Road.

Hahaha you live very close to me. I'm just off Terrara Road.

lol no shyt I live right across from the end of Terrara rd,, u got a 33?

My girlfriend hates skylines and thinks anyone who drives one is a wanker, so i am gonna buy one to piss her off, and also show her that they aren't all wankers :blink:

ROFL that's hilarious. I can't match face to name cause it's been so long since I've worked there, but if I saw you I'd no doubt recognise you. The only people I still see from there are Maree and Ang.

Id like to personally cruisify ALL merc owners because ive never met one who isnt an absolute f""kwit! they alllll tailgate me, change lanes and cut me off without even indicating, brake hard for no reason ect and ive never once seen a merc that isnt speeding :)

Back to the topic, i sometimes wave and i sometimes dont, if they look like the type to wanna race then i dont and the same if theres a few people in th car.

I have a question though, i personally think its pointless to have a powerful car and drive like a complete granny all the time, im not saying i drift every corner or drag everyone off the lights up to stupid speeds but is there anything wrong with occasionally racing off the lights if i dont break the speed limit? :D for example skylines side by side at the lights on a straigh 80kph road? I just dont want to be labeled as a "hoon" and interested in opinions?

ROFL that's hilarious. I can't match face to name cause it's been so long since I've worked there, but if I saw you I'd no doubt recognise you. The only people I still see from there are Maree and Ang.

Well Im the Black guy that works there lol, i told u i was buying a skyline one night, u were doing facing i think...

and ohh yeah Marie is hot as a mofo

Ah yep, that's the Ben I was thinking of...we used to quote Chappelle hey. I remember you telling me about buying a Skyline too. Haha yeah she's a hottie. Pretty much my sister though. I took her to the Victorian SAU meet on Tuesday just gone.

Sort of on topic: Some Merc drivers give me the shits too. I had a $300,000 one pull out on me from a slip lane while talking on his mobile phone. Another changed lanes and almost merged me off the road when riding my motorbike - no indicator either.

The losers are the idiots that nearly run me over on pedestrian crossings. (or at least, they would run me over if i didn't wait for them to start stopping/whiz past before walking out)

No skylines have nearly run me over yet though...

Edited by sneakey pete

Theres plenty of idiots that drive anything but it doesnt help when something like a skyline or 200 becomes cheap enough for just about anyone to afford one. The worst thing is they wreck insurance prices for the decent drivers.