SAU Community

Skyline Drivers Losers?

Ah yep, that's the Ben I was thinking of...we used to quote Chappelle hey. I remember you telling me about buying a Skyline too. Haha yeah she's a hottie. Pretty much my sister though. I took her to the Victorian SAU meet on Tuesday just gone.

Sort of on topic: Some Merc drivers give me the shits too. I had a $300,000 one pull out on me from a slip lane while talking on his mobile phone. Another changed lanes and almost merged me off the road when riding my motorbike - no indicator either.

Yep..Im rick james,bitch, get ame a drink! loll let me lkno wen the next meeting is and i'll come with u. why'd u stop workin at coles? seems like u disappeared as soon as emily and her posse did..

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finde that all tuned Honda drivers are total wankers. Not all just most.

oh yeah, was drivin home from work one day and some guy in a,, (well,vtec i guess) civic kept flooring it at the lights everytime we pulled up next to each other ,even wen we went past knox police station,, and wen he was ahead of me, kept flashing his indicator at me as if to ask me to race., i just went past him and gave him the salute

Had a real winner in a mazda SP23 yesterday trying to G me up off a set of lights lol, he proceeded to swerve out from behind me and do the Toretto race arm as he coming up beside me lol, i couldn't believe that, absolutely made my day lol

This is a pretty funny thread....

There are always jerks around... and you shouldn't let them get to you. (the one with the pussy for the pic!)

I've owned several cars including a turbo RX7, a Subaru STI and now a R32 GTR. All were great and liked driving all of them. (Also, a ZX-9R and GSXR1000) As you can tell, I'm not a brand loyal person.. no one pays me to be.

When I had a chance to come to OZ from Las Vegas, I started thinking about the possibility of getting a Skyline GTR. There are very few in the USA and very expensive!

Gary over at "Top Secret" hooked me up and now my wife and I drive a white GTR around the West Pymble area.

We wave at other Skyline owners and appreciate all performance cars...

hey guys,

I was driving on last friday night and this holden v8 just kept following me from the side, at the lights he said "i've seen asians driving nice cars but they cant drive for shit".

Omg this hurts me so much man and yes im asian(viet) however i kept my cool and didnt race him, but he just keep following me from behind and yes we got stuck at the lights again.

So what i said "are you ready?" and the guy reved up so hard and got ready for it, light turns green i launched then i heard loud wheel spins and i looked at my rear mirror the guy was like 5m away (maybe he was still trying to get his car running or something) so i slowed down to speed limit 70 (lucky for me because there was a speed camera 200m away) thanks son of rajab

I dont race and maybe what ive done was wrong but man it hurts so much they put the asians down and they cant even launch a car properly, and yes i dont want to mention the their race just in general.

so people tell me what would you've done in this situation? ignore the dude and take the insult?

Anyway, there were afew hatch back civics asked me to race too? i was like no i dont race, not to civics anyway. I would say if your car is faster than 5s then you got me beat.

could anyone tell me which car would beat a stock r32gtr? let me know so I can admire their cars next time.

thats a regular occurence on the roads here unfortunately mate. The answer to your question is.... a slightly more modified one. Just kidding lol, anything from the General or the Ford banner won't get close off the line, but depending on the level of tune Evo 8's are nothing to be sneazed at

could anyone tell me which car would beat a stock r32gtr? let me know so I can admire their cars next time.

Stock for stock? Not much off the line I'm afraid. (*not condoning street racing at all, I mean at the drag strip*)

The modified *real* type-r civics will give you a good run for your money on the twisties though. Just look at the japanese touge racing civics. Very impressive. There are plenty of NA drag civics out there that crack good times as well.

I wonder why no-one puts as much effort into N/A SR20DE pulsars? Just a thought...

Fords and Holdens? They will reel you in on a quarter mile run if they are V8's or the turbo fords and only if modified. Then again, why take it to the drag strip if its not modified? I suppose curiosity is a reason as is a baseline run. Those LS(x) V8 holdens are quite difficult to catch once modified thats for sure... 

Honestly though once you start hitting things with the modification stick *anything* is quick.

Beside the point though. With regards to d*ckheads, the reason they bother you is that the majority don't so the minority that do really stand out. 

Its like if you work in any business that requires you to deal directly with customers. Generally you forget the majority as they are happy. Its the minority that piss you off that you remember afterwards.

I have run int d*ckhead skyline drivers, falcon drivers, commodore drivers, silvia drivers just about any car you care to name and any brand you care to name. 

Thing is I've also met a lot of awesome blokes and blokettes who are in the performance scene and you just have to look past the arseholes and realise that there are some awesome people out there.

Edited by R33_Dude

Should have just shook your head and pitied him for making a generalisation against you. If you didn't care about your car you could have love-tapped the side of his car with your fender on take off and at the next set of lights shouted out "you're right, we can't drive for shit".

Not to turn this into a traditional V8 vs Jap car debate, but if you don't launch your GTR properly, any of the stock VE HSV's will have fun with you. Gotta watch out for some sleeperdores too. A VS wagon gave us a good run for our money in our AC Cobra once, and Cobra is definitely was faster than a GTR.

I wonder why no-one puts as much effort into N/A SR20DE pulsars? Just a thought...

The ones with the decent NA engine (SR20VE) are pretty rare on the ground in Australia. The DE, at 105kW, isn't much to write home about. I'm not sure what NA performance mods you can get for it either, since most guys with a bit of coin to spend end up with U13 SSS Turbo or GTiR motors in theirs.

I asked my mechanic about why he went for EK Civics over N15 Pulsar VZR-N1s for NSWIPRA, given that he was pretty focused on Nissans at the time, and he said the main thing was the Pulsar is a much harder chassis to set up properly.

Stock for stock? Not much off the line I'm afraid. (*not condoning street racing at all, I mean at the drag strip*)

The modified *real* type-r civics will give you a good run for your money on the twisties though. Just look at the japanese touge racing civics. Very impressive. There are plenty of NA drag civics out there that crack good times as well.

Fords and Holdens? They will reel you in on a quarter mile run if they are V8's or the turbo fords and only if modified. Then again, why take it to the drag strip if its not modified? I suppose curiosity is a reason as is a baseline run. Those LS(x) V8 holdens are quite difficult to catch once modified thats for sure...

Honestly though once you start hitting things with the modification stick *anything* is quick.

Beside the point though. With regards to d*ckheads, the reason they bother you is that the majority don't so the minority that do really stand out.

Its like if you work in any business that requires you to deal directly with customers. Generally you forget the majority as they are happy. Its the minority that piss you off that you remember afterwards.

I have run int d*ckhead skyline drivers, falcon drivers, commodore drivers, silvia drivers just about any car you care to name and any brand you care to name.

Thing is I've also met a lot of awesome blokes and blokettes who are in the performance scene and you just have to look past the arseholes and realise that there are some awesome people out there.

yea my car only has aftermarket pods and 5zigen catback... not looking to upgrade for performance yet.. just making working more on the exterior :D

let say stock vs stock, would my car be out run in a straight "drag"?

Oh by the way i bought this TWIN HKS BOV today from GODZILLAGTR on this forum, i thought it would be easy to install but i failed... now the BOV is on, however it doesnt make any noise and my car loses lots of power. need to get friend to help me tmr

Edited by LoNgStAr

yea my car only has aftermarket pods and 5zigen catback... not looking to upgrade for performance yet.. just making working more on the exterior :)

let say stock vs stock, would my car be out run in a straight "drag"?

I can think of plenty of cars off the top of my head. Realistically though as in not exotica and hugely overpriced? Anything that can also do a high 13 second quarter mile. 

300zx twin turbo manual.

WRX's will give you a run.

EVO's are as quick as a GT-R.

Late model Galant VR-4 2.5 twin turbos will give you grief.

LS(fill in number/letters here) powered commodores will give you a good run if you muck up a launch.

A newer/better looked after GT-R than yours.

GTi-R Pulsar AWD Turbo, beasty little things they are...

Hell even a SR20DE+T pulsar can be made to run high 12's. Most of them run mid 13's - look on the australian pulsar forums. Trust me, to build one of them WILL cost less than a GT-R.

MOST (caveat right there) quarter mile runs slower than 11 seconds have little art to it in my opinion its a dollar, number and knowlege game in terms of a performance benchmark. In other words not that great.

Tracks and targa roads are where its best to get the whole picture of which car is "better".

Its all childish anyhow, you should have your car because either a) you always wanted one and love it to death or b) was somehow forced into it through lack of knowlege, experience, common sense, "wanting to be cool" or a variety of other factors. You shouldn't care if your in category A about the dicks, just laugh em off, and if something is faster (or even slower) its worthy of respect just the same.  

At the moment I am stuck in category b: not enough points left on licence to drive anything other than a hatchback. The moment that subsides I will be back into something with more cylinders or even no cylinders...

man...you guys complain about being snubbed?

Try driving a Honda Civic (especially mine..heeeee) ...I get snubbed, angry stares from <insert type of driver here>, disdainful looks from the "turbo" community + Holden/Ford and "Com'on launch the thing!" from other similar fanboys.. LOL...Just look here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Do...civic&st=40

Nowadays I just look straight ahead and try not to attract too much attention.