SAU Community

Skyline Drivers Losers?

To those that say they can be consistently reliable, well the rule of thumb is a rotary needs a rebuild twice as often as a piston engine. I'm not picking a fight its just the truth - I have nothing against rotary powered cars.

Regardless, a true automotive performance enthusiast likes all cars no matter what the make or model as long as it delivers the goods where it counts - on the road.

I had a few rotors in my time and actually, they are very reliable motors when treated as directed.

No one reads or does so.

We had an original poo brown RX4 coupe in the family back in the day that had 320,000+kms since new before it went smokey and we stripped it.

Second point is very much on the money. :thumbsup:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you guys are lucky you drive the newer skylines :laugh:

so many people still don't know there were skylines before the R32 :D

the japs do... and the enthusiasts do... you can sit back knowing that noone knows just what you've got.. id love an old dr30 or a 31 coupe, those things are massive in japan with a huge following.. but my 32 is a comfortable daily driver that has no garage at the moment.. its my thrasher i guess you could say.. and parts are cheap and plentiful.

the japs do... and the enthusiasts do... you can sit back knowing that noone knows just what you've got.. id love an old dr30 or a 31 coupe, those things are massive in japan with a huge following.. but my 32 is a comfortable daily driver that has no garage at the moment.. its my thrasher i guess you could say.. and parts are cheap and plentiful.

yeah thats true, the same as NZ (I'm from auk) imports are so cheap and plentiful that it's odd if you have a mate that is NOT into cars. I'm not sure about the rest of the states but NSW has hardly any cefiros, laurels etc? I heard there were a few in qld?? would love to see a cef or laurel driving round here in Syd :laugh:

my friends are allways telling me that they waved at me and i just snobbed them its not that i snobbed its just i was watching the road you know driving so maybe not everyone is always looking around when they drive

hey, i agree with you every skyline i drive past, i usually flash my lights or wave. i dont try and race skylines, mainly because we are all mates and i have a N/A skyline so not much point.

Im writing this thread because i have noticed more and more skyline drivers are wankers, im not talking about everyone, but

do you ever notice car enthusiests all the fords/vintage drivers all wave to each other and admire everyones car all that kinda stuff.

we should do the same!! i own a 96 r33 and some other skyline drivers i see whilst driving just wanna race you and are arrogant,

it really puts the image on us as a typical hoon so to speak!

So I wanna know what you all think?

• 2 months later...

I usually try waving to most skyline drivers and also S13/4/5's. RARELY get a wave back, but it's cool when I do :)

My brother drives a white R31 and actually gets more waves from R31 drivers than I do at any imports at all.

Edited by -Jimmy-

Always waving/nodding to fellow Skyline drivers here in Perth and alot of the time I get a response back. And from driving other cars I have found out that Skyline drivers are probably the best for this.

lol in Perth everyone is friendly... it might possibly be help though that SAUWA is quite a close-knit community and we always hold cruises like all the time and everyone gets to meet everyone

everyone waves at everyone and nods and stuff, however, you do get dickheads sometimes... my mate picked me up from a workshop where i dropped off my car and he took me to work and we were in his 34... saw a chick in a stockish 32 and gave the wave, she gave both of us the cold shoulder, what can you do? lol get on with it

she wasn't that hot either so no big loss lol

iv noticed that when im in my 240k i get compliments, waves, nods and ppl coming over to talk at servos etc. But as soon as i jump in the GTR i automatically am looked at like a tool or a hero or up myself....... even though im the same person in each car.

just comes down to how ppl judge you i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to get the waves/nods from fellow import owners but it is usually from other Silvia's or R32's. Everyone else either says something 'hardcore' or try and race pfffft (especially 33 owners grrr).

We need a special wave or nod like some secret gang sign or something lol

LOL ^ x 2 for the secret gang sign haha

then people that don't have awesome super cool fullehsickulleh cars will use them then we'll have to change it again...

*sigh* the things we come up with just to get fellow enthusiasts to say hi haha

i get more nods and waves inthe bluebird than the stagea

mostly people think the stagea is an old volvo or something

the 910 has the all out oldschool carby cam lump thing happening

but you get commodore wankers

falcon wankers

skyline wankers

civic wankers

silvia wankers

datsun wankers

usualy this is because of blind ignorance and/or they have been beaten by one of the above previously

if someone calles you a *insert name here* wanker - take it a a compliment - they are jelous!

I try to get the waves/nods from fellow import owners but it is usually from other Silvia's or R32's. Everyone else either says something 'hardcore' or try and race pfffft (especially 33 owners grrr).

We need a special wave or nod like some secret gang sign or something lol

VN-VP Commodore owners myself included have the good old dash taping sign. This comes from the fact the fuel gauge doesnt work alot of the time unless you tap the dash or just hammer fist the dash :/