SAU Community

Rb25/30 Rb30det Vvt Internal Oil Control

psi

hi guys im currently building a 400+kw rb25/30 retaining vct

my head is currently being machined and I need to know what the maximum diameter is that I can drill out the head oil drains?

I have a -12 headoil drain also and restrictors etc but I will be doing the above also, any info or feed bad muchly appreciated

Corey

I understand 10mm but haven't done it myself. You also have to relieve the tops of those holes and the other drains.

• 5 months later...

Hi, i know this has been asked but i haven't seen an answer to it, has anyone got the internal VCT feed working and controlling oil issues to the head on a track engine?

what feeds are people running to the head when not using an external VCT but the internal drill feed method?

Hi, i know this has been asked but i haven't seen an answer to it, has anyone got the internal VCT feed working and controlling oil issues to the head on a track engine?

what feeds are people running to the head when not using an external VCT but the internal drill feed method?

Ive never had this mod running tried it on two different engines with 1.5mm Restrictors and n1 oil pumps.

ended up doing the tried and proven method of external oil feed.

I am not sure if the internal VCT feed method got past the great theory stage. I have seen a couple of people who have tried and failed - don't remember seeing anyone who has actually done it successfully. Anyway don't really see how it relates to oil control problems - you still need restrictors at least and with RB30s I would say you need sump breathers.

• 3 months later...

Hey I read on the Webbers guide page for oil feed mods and it says " R34 NEO heads can be ran without NVCS as there is a normal oil feed" Can anyone confirm this? Or do you think an external feed should still be done?

Cheers Chris

Hey I read on the Webbers guide page for oil feed mods and it says " R34 NEO heads can be ran without NVCS as there is a normal oil feed" Can anyone confirm this? Or do you think an external feed should still be done?

Cheers Chris

Got a link to the guide you were reading?

Oh ok well I intend on keeping vct. But must have read it the wrong way. So I'll still need the external line. Thanx fellas

I'm not saying the internal feed won't work - just that people on this forum recently have tried and failed. If you look at Webber's site (link above) you'll find instructions on how he did it.

Yea I didn't think u could do it internally. From what I read on webers I was under the impression u didn't have to run a external line, even if u wanted to keep vct as the neo operates a different way. But guess it can't so External it is. Thanks guys

• 1 year later...

drilled from one feed to the other .. get the angle right or you could end up with oil where you dont want it

attachicon.gifphotos phone 001.jpg

picky of where I drilled between the first 2 (intake) cam journals

attachicon.gifphotos phone 004.jpg

Drilled and tapped the outer layer to take a bung

attachicon.gifphotos phone 009.jpg

Dummy fitted the bung to show what it looks like finished

attachicon.gifphotos phone 011.jpg

Head was then dissassembled for further mods before being cleaned an reassembled

Hope this helps people

Hey I realise I'm digging up an old post but can you (boost is good) or anybody else help with this mod to the neo head?

This is easy BUT how on earth to you prevent getting chips in the oil gallery below that will be spat through the motor in the future? You obviously can't get to the inside of that oil gallery easily so have you just ignored this? Can you take the plug out of the front and the ball bearing and spring etc and clean it out?

I just notice people talking about external feeds on Neo heads again in here, I can't understand why you'd go external if you can do a rock solid internal mod?

• Like 1

Hey I realise I'm digging up an old post but can you (boost is good) or anybody else help with this mod to the neo head?

This is easy BUT how on earth to you prevent getting chips in the oil gallery below that will be spat through the motor in the future? You obviously can't get to the inside of that oil gallery easily so have you just ignored this? Can you take the plug out of the front and the ball bearing and spring etc and clean it out?

I just notice people talking about external feeds on Neo heads again in here, I can't understand why you'd go external if you can do a rock solid internal mod?

You drill it with the head off and blow it out.

• 2 weeks later...

absolutely brilliant. i was thinkin of doing this also with mine but there wasnt alot of people willing to try it back then and also time was an issue so i went with external. might have to re-visit this! less points of failure!.