SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Your seat, I never saw you get out of the car you lazy bastard. :)

Why, eye's letting go in your senior years?

Hahaha ok ill stop

In related news there should be two more 400 club members in the next few weeks, one an r33 gtr and one an r32 gtr

Why, eye's letting go in your senior years?

Hahaha ok ill stop

In related news there should be two more 400 club members in the next few weeks, one an r33 gtr and one an r32 gtr

I'm hoping I will be a member as early as this evening.

I better or I'll probably get shot for the way I've hijacked this thread. :)

I havnt seen the graph yet Mike but we didnt quite make it to 400 kw. We did achieve everywhere else tho. Itys boosting hard and early and has shitloads more power under the graph.

Will get the before and after graph posted up tomorrow when I head over to the workshop.

Apparently we have run out of turbo so i guess the 1.06 housing is the next step.

And 380 somethin kw's was the number.

381rwkw is the highest we could get it.

Yes Gervase the air temp sensor is on the wall and you know why it is.

The boost falls over in the top end as the housing on the turbo is just too small. 1psi pressure drop in the cooler and an identical line it follows.

14 degrees of timing added in places where it used to be 0.

Going to put the EGT's on tomorrow to see what time she'll run on Saturday. 4th gear is happy in the pants on the highway too

Sees 1 bar at 3450rpm and 24psi at around 3800rpm but the graph doesn't show it due to the curve in the corner when the gate tries to catch up

post-10554-1287666418_thumb.jpg

Nice work Noel.

Did u change much to gain the extra midrange or was it tuned stronger compared to the other dyno graph that its comparing too?

We changed a fair bit Jez, Its a new head and a new fuel system running e85.

Its a work in progress and the goal is to hit the track next year with a fat 550/600 hp with the emphasis on fat. Piss easy to get that power with a bigger turbo but that isnt what I'm after.

The power chase will have to go on the back burner for a while now as I have too much other shit to do to the car.

In the mean time we will explore turbo options, I'm thinking a split pulse 1.06 rear housing for the 35r or possibly even a twin setup.

Still a great achievement there Noel. Its the response thats going to help out the most. Good Work!

Agreed mike, As you know that has always been the goal. I am stoked with the result.

We knew after the last go round that the turb would hold us back

, the 35r has its limitations with the smaller housing but it has made the path a lot clearer for us now.

Yeh I cant think of too many ways of achieving the 550/600rwhp mark with a gt35r, maybe a good split pulse manifold for starters, some wilder cams, though that will no doubt make the power more peaky which isnt really where you want it, but if you dont lose any low-midrange power then I wouldnt complain. Another possibility is one of those forced performance turbos with the billet comp wheels. However they are pretty exxy. And well a stroker of some description would definitely help with everything!

Yeh I cant think of too many ways of achieving the 550/600rwhp mark with a gt35r, maybe a good split pulse manifold for starters, some wilder cams, though that will no doubt make the power more peaky which isnt really where you want it, but if you dont lose any low-midrange power then I wouldnt complain. Another possibility is one of those forced performance turbos with the billet comp wheels. However they are pretty exxy. And well a stroker of some description would definitely help with everything!

I'm hedging my bets on a split pulse setup. I wont change the cams. for the reason you mentioned,

If the split pulse setup can keep the response roughly where it is and give us another 50/60 ponies it will be more than enough to scare the crap out of this old man.