SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

I'll print off a overlay of a GT3076R vs Kando T67 with very similar mods and on the same dyno... You will be very surprised how similar they are :)

If I wanted to I can do a 13-15sec ramped run and make my graph come on that early like "wasnt me" run.

I'm not revving it to 8000rpm for a number, it's going to be like that all the time... If I wanted a number it would be going to 9000rpm

Not really crazy, most the drift guys over here run 8500rpm and sit on limiter all day without too many issues

Maybe thats why some motors last and some don't. I personally dont rev mine past 7100.

Maybe thats why some motors last and some don't. I personally dont rev mine past 7100.

Still making 405kw at 7100 :)

Remember also that mine is still a happy at 8000rpm and power is still rising, where as GT30 turbine Garretts have turned over well before then and the motor is just getting stressed.

I guess only time will tell how long it lasts...

Still making 405kw at 7100 :)

Remember also that mine is still a happy at 8000rpm and power is still rising, where as GT30 turbine Garretts have turned over well before then and the motor is just getting stressed.

I guess only time will tell how long it lasts...

Your missing the point...Why rev your engine to 8000rpm when you could make the same power at 6000rpm....The most my car has made is 356rwkw (Mainline Dyno from memory) and it sees that at a bit over 6000rpm. My car has been on E85 for 2+ years now and i havnt looked back. Response and power cant beat it...If you are ever in SA i will be more than happy to take you for a spin.

Whats a good close GTR estimate of 400rwkw in awkw? Anyone got the AWD drivelines power loss figures from one of them sweet dynos?

I ask cause I'm running 301awkw now, I'd assume that's up near 345-350rwkw? -5's, stock engine, 18psi.

Cause if that's the case, and I work the engine to handle 22+psi, throw in some cams, and minor port work, I figured 400rwkw is easily obtainable? Car already has all the other supporting mods, big cooler, big exhaust, afms, jectors, so on..

Really? I thought there was about a 10-15% difference in power output between the 2 drive types.

Edit: Heh, I've searched for this before, and I'm looking again, and it's tough to find an definitive answer through all the total nonsense answers.

Edited by GTRPowa

skylines aren't full time all wheel drive, the fronts only get power when the rears are slipping. a few guys have done the tests on the dyno and come up with only a couple of KW between 4wd and 2wd

Huh? through a transfer case, diff, axles and hubs you gotta see at least a 20kw drop.

Has anyone done the back to back runs to check it out?

from memory swiper/dirt/twoogle ran his car back to back and had 2kw difference.

Further reading on trash forums, I found a bright spark with a convincing way of saying the drive train losses are fixed, what with all the articles/forum threads around talking about percentage losses.

Eg: You might make 200kw at the engine, and 140kw at the wheels. Then if you make 400kw at the engine, you'll make around 340kw at the wheels. Excuse the fact some of you probably know this, but I'd assume lots of people (myself included) think about fixed percentages.

And if that's the case, then the AWD mode on GTR's would used a fixed amount, instead of a percentage too. The pieces come together! :D

Edit: Excuse the fact if it's posted somewhere here, but I haven't seen it, and in fact, I've never read it this way until today... And I read forums a bit too..

Edited by GTRPowa

Huh? through a transfer case, diff, axles and hubs you gotta see at least a 20kw drop.

Has anyone done the back to back runs to check it out?

Power isn't always running through the transfer case...

Back to back runs always confirm they are so close there is nothing in it!

Further reading on trash forums, I found a bright spark with a convincing way of saying the drive train losses are fixed, what with all the articles/forum threads around talking about percentage losses.

Eg: You might make 200kw at the engine, and 140kw at the wheels. Then if you make 400kw at the engine, you'll make around 340kw at the wheels. Excuse the fact some of you probably know this, but I'd assume lots of people (myself included) think about fixed percentages.

And if that's the case, then the AWD mode on GTR's would used a fixed amount, instead of a percentage too. The pieces come together! :D

Edit: Excuse the fact if it's posted somewhere here, but I haven't seen it, and in fact, I've never read it this way until today... And I read forums a bit too..

Bloody hell don't start the fixed vs percentage debate again. There like a 10 page thread on it.

Percentage loss is a good way to work out factory approximate drivetrain losses. When you start making 3, 4 or even 5 times the factory power levels, those percentages are not logical any more. There was a big thing on it here, once again, a lot of people agreeing to disagree.

My arguement is you can't say that a drag car making 3000hp at the wheels is still going to have a 20% drivetrain loss coz that's BS

Power isn't always running through the transfer case...

Back to back runs always confirm they are so close there is nothing in it!

Power runs through the transfer while it's on the dyno though doesn't it?

The rear wheels are always in a slip event so the fronts should always be having 'some' torque applied to them. That torque has to come from somewhere

nah it's no where near that much. 400rwkw is about 375-380awkw or so. if you've got 301awkw you would be about 320-325rwkw on most dynos. there is not much difference between AWKW and RWKW on dyno dynamics dynos. certainly not 15%. and it's not a fixxed percentage anywway. the gap does widen a little bit the higher the power level but it's not linear. like it might be 20kw difference at 200kw and only 25kw at 400kw. there is no fixed answer. regardless of that even just different dynos vary a bit even when all reading RWKW or AWKW.

Power runs through the transfer while it's on the dyno though doesn't it?

The rear wheels are always in a slip event so the fronts should always be having 'some' torque applied to them. That torque has to come from somewhere

The rear wheels are not in a slip event if the dyno allows the front wheels to match speed... Even for a split second :)