SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

weekend car only - i managed to get 5000km out of it but i was prepared to rebuild which is why i didnt really care.

ring land collapsed - started breathing heavy & lost comp in no.6 cylinder (usually 5 or 6 will let go 1st as they carry most of the heat)

Fair enough, my point would be lots of factors other that outright power could be the blame for the rings collapsing. A lot of those risks are reduced when using ethanol based fuels :)

I'm not going to rebuild but happy to drop another stock donk in the hole!

2011-02-03205959.jpg

Edited by SimonR32

What caused the failure?

It's probably only a matter of time but I don't drive it a lot and only use 1.3bar most of the time, which makes 350rwkw with correction off or 373rwkw with correction on

too much boost for stock internals - with forged internals this wouldn't happen

Fair enough, my point would be lots of factors other that outright power could be the blame for the rings collapsing. A lot of those risks are reduced when using ethanol based fuels :)

If you get 6-12 months out of the motor it is probably cheaper to just keep throwing second hand bottom ends at it than to build one.

too much boost for stock internals - with forged internals this wouldn't happen

Would you consider over 150 power runs on a stock CA18DE+T with 56psi boost too much for stock internals?

Engine was still ok afterwards too.

I think Sean at EFI was running 610rwhpon his RB26 with stock internals for ages. That was on gas though. Still didn't break a piston though. It has a lot to do with the quality of the tune/tuner

well ive popped 2 bottom ends to date, tuner is highly reputable (crd).

i wish i could get away with a factory bottom end - im sure many others on here do as well :(

if you want to push it hard, it is only a matter of time

2011-02-03205959.jpg

mate i thought you were joking when you said you were putiing it on a hub to see how much power it could make.

not a bad result still fell short of the 3076 though hahaha :whistling:

mate i thought you were joking when you said you were putiing it on a hub to see how much power it could make.

not a bad result still fell short of the 3076 though hahaha :whistling:

Why would I joke, I nearly got convinced to do a run with 1.9bar and 8500rpm but managed to contain myself!

By 0.4kw haha

I'd rather have my power curve than yours :)

Why would I joke, I nearly got convinced to do a run with 1.9bar and 8500rpm but managed to contain myself!

By 0.4kw haha

I'd rather have my power curve than yours :)

we should get the 2 graphs over-layed easy to do since they are making the same power.

but

3000rpm yours 60kw mine 95kw

3500rpm yours 85kw mine 140kw

4000rpm yours 130kw mine 240kw

5000rpm yours 310kw mine 410kw

i know what i would rather :whistling:

we should get the 2 graphs over-layed easy to do since they are making the same power.

but

3000rpm yours 60kw mine 95kw

3500rpm yours 85kw mine 140kw

4000rpm yours 130kw mine 240kw

5000rpm yours 310kw mine 410kw

i know what i would rather :whistling:

There you go :)

Yours has a much smaller power band compared to mine, it does come on a lot harder though!

2011-02-03205959-1.jpg

Edited by SimonR32

Am i reading that correctly? You made over 400rwkw with a 3076????

Did you draw the dyno graph yourself? :)

2.2bar and E85 I believe

yeah I am confused, unless you somehow run 30psi with ridiculous temps and meth or something? though would have thought the compressor would be way out of flow by then

As above, boost apparently went to 32psi but the compressor ran out of legs and power dropped a lot top end

2.2bar and E85 I believe

As above, boost apparently went to 32psi but the compressor ran out of legs and power dropped a lot top end

I was there that day and the most i saw it spike to was 28 and holding 26psi...I know which turbo i would rather in that comparison, the Kando seems to be a good cheap option but it definately isn't a competitor to Garrett imo (nor should it be i guess for the money). The above plot proves that. BTW who in their right mind would rev their stock 25 to 8000rpm just for a number. Crazy....

I was there that day and the most i saw it spike to was 28 and holding 26psi...I know which turbo i would rather in that comparison, the Kando seems to be a good cheap option but it definately isn't a competitor to Garrett imo (nor should it be i guess for the money). The above plot proves that. BTW who in their right mind would rev their stock 25 to 8000rpm just for a number. Crazy....

I'll print off a overlay of a GT3076R vs Kando T67 with very similar mods and on the same dyno... You will be very surprised how similar they are :)

If I wanted to I can do a 13-15sec ramped run and make my graph come on that early like "wasnt me" run.

I'm not revving it to 8000rpm for a number, it's going to be like that all the time... If I wanted a number it would be going to 9000rpm

Not really crazy, most the drift guys over here run 8500rpm and sit on limiter all day without too many issues

Edited by SimonR32