SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

People on this thread do not even knowin what gear Ben's run was done.To me it seems 5th with a 4.1:1 diff. Only way to get 230 kph at 8000rpm.

He does use 4th sometimes,and 5th soetimes.

In the R34 GTR with a six speed 5th is 1:1 with a 3.545:1 final, that is assuming the R34 the motor is in is a GTR

True if it had an r34 box in the car, but he mentions a 4.1 ratio which says r32/33 box .

R34 box in R33?

I didnt know whether or not he was running a getrag box for strength or an aftermarket gearset in a r33 box ??

Which is why i questioned what got stated before with the 5th gear 1:1 comment .

Edited by ezy_09s

Doesn't matter anyway - he hasn't looked at SAU since 2010, and hasn't owned Racepace for around that amount of time either :)

I do know where the car ended up, and given recent goings on... Recent posts have been somewhat interesting.

But anyway - back to talking about 400rwkw.

Hell perhaps we even need a 500rwkw thread given Gav's results!

Doesn't matter anyway - he hasn't looked at SAU since 2010, and hasn't owned Racepace for around that amount of time either :)

I do know where the car ended up, and given recent goings on... Recent posts have been somewhat interesting.

But anyway - back to talking about 400rwkw.

Hell perhaps we even need a 500rwkw thread given Gav's results!

Yep agree...now more info on this 500kw monster

True if it had an r34 box in the car, but he mentions a 4.1 ratio which says r32/33 box .

I have no deers eyes on the cars setup, I saw R34 GTR and a question about 1:1 in 5th and thought I'd offer a answer.

4.11s can be put in with the standard R34 getrag box in place which would give it awsome acceleration, but mean it would rev off its head at 110kmph of the freeway, and still have a 1:1 ratio in the box in 5th :thumbsup:

I have run 411rwkw on a stock R32 box. However, the triple plate HKS GD Pro isn't very stock box friendly. It isn't even dog box friendly.

I recently asked what the quickest 1/4 mile time anyone knew of with the stock R32/33 box:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/395117-quickest-14-mile-et-r3233-gtr-using-stock-box/

i also ran the 1/4 mile with a stock box in my previous gtr which made 320awkw & managed a 11.1 sec with 129.75mph.

that was my last run, however, i crossed the line in 3rd gear & was bouncing on the limiter & my 60 footer wasn't that good (1.6sec?)

considering the relatively low power level i had at the time (hks gtss @ 23psi) that car was capable of a 10sec pass, but unfortunately i fudged it over the line :(

breaking boxes i think comes down to the driver & treating the box with respect, i.e. no flat changing