SAU Community

Insuring Lamborghini Gallardo For Under 21

JamesK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take the keys when hes not looking and dont stack it. you've for the chance to drive a lambo and your gonna get hung up by some paper pushing insurance f*ck?

man up ladybug!

Edited by VB-

Fark Joey, I pay less than you for 33K cover on the VSpec and I live in Melton. I am with Lumley Special Vehicles though and not Shannon's, they were cheaper and offer the same thing as shannons but more public liability.

I had to go through one with my Mitsubishi Lancer GLi cuz I was 19 at the time and just because the paper work said Lancer SV = Special Vehical just because of a bodykit, wheels and nothing else...

Lol @ LSV.

"What do you drive?"

"An LSV"

"A HSV?"

"No.... an L... SV".

You cant insure a vehicle that isnt yours. Your best bet is getting your uncle to list you as a driver.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure that is equivalent in the insurer's eyes as insuring in his own name. Your premium reflects the age of the youngest listed driver. Somewhere in his uncle's insurance policy it will say "Driver under 25: Uncovered".

you know.... this is a long shot.... a VERY VERY long shot.... but my old man is with racv...rating 1,etc...

if im working on my car and need a daily I can take his daily (jazz) while he uses his alpha spyder or I can take my mums crv....

I know its a little different in your case, but maybe check on the family policy crap.....

I dont even think dad paid so that I can have the ability to drive all my family's cars... just because he has been a good member? not 100% sure.

gl with it though :(

Your uncle is playing an awesome joke on you, he knows that you can't get insurance for it, hence why he is so willing to let you drive it if you can actually find someone who will insure you without charging a heap of monies.

f**k, your uncle sounds fantastic

extinct_shatner-786173.jpg

curiously what about ask one of those places that hire out exotic cars to drive how much the pay for their insurance?? Recently I drove a 355 through them and im 24...did cost me like (well my parents like 800 bucks tho)

Edited by zorb_rules

yeah definitely sounds like a cruel cruel joke, what a legend haha.

The only thing i can think of is obviously the insurance will have to be in your uncles name, but you might be able to list yourself as an emergency driver. Very slim shot, but its all i can think of. No chance your other cousin will get covered though.

Wish i had a uncle whos done as well as yours, DAYUMMMMM

hey guys sorry I've been a bit lacking in the forums lately i'm in Japan on a boarding trip but um just to clarify it does sound like a joke my uncle would pull but he's quite cool sometimes, and this is one of them he will let me drive it but just not as often without insurance and to the guy who says I cant drive it on P's this is not in Victoria this is Queensland, and he's on the old Queensland laws where he is able to drive it, as for me I'm on my Full's. My uncle is VERY cool, but he's also very law conscience he doesn't really care about us crashing (well obviously he does) but more so 3rd party damages....yea he's pretty awesome

Update: I'm pretty getting rejected flat on my ass on every inquiry we got a couple but it's like 4g's for 3rd party!!!

The only way you will be able to drive it is if your uncle has insurance over the car and his insurance policy doesnt exclude young drivers.

1. you cannot get insurance for a car that is not in your name.

2. If it was in your name I think $20k a year is probably a reasonable premium to pay. (plus have fun paying the stamp duty to transfer the ownership!)

hey guys sorry I've been a bit lacking in the forums lately i'm in Japan on a boarding trip but um just to clarify it does sound like a joke my uncle would pull but he's quite cool sometimes, and this is one of them he will let me drive it but just not as often without insurance and to the guy who says I cant drive it on P's this is not in Victoria this is Queensland, and he's on the old Queensland laws where he is able to drive it, as for me I'm on my Full's. My uncle is VERY cool, but he's also very law conscience he doesn't really care about us crashing (well obviously he does) but more so 3rd party damages....yea he's pretty awesome

Update: I'm pretty getting rejected flat on my ass on every inquiry we got a couple but it's like 4g's for 3rd party!!!

Assuming you have a vic license how do you have a full license and still be under 21?