SAU Community

help!! car impounded !!

m3boy

Guys tonight my car got impounded by the cops. I was at a set of lights when a TT soarer pulled up on my left. He took off hard so i gave it a bit, but there was a undercover SS on our tail. We probably reached 90 or so till i backed off, but the soarer kept going. The coops pulled us both over and i was told that we were illegal street racing!! Bs or what? anyways i got my car impounded and now how to go to court. i know i was wrong for speeding but street racing and impounding? please help and enuff of the "you shouldnt have sped,etc..." i just need help. waht do i do from here?? thanks to all who reply

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agressive acceleration i could probably understand if you were by yourself. you taking after the soarer doesnt help your case much though i would imagine?!?!

did the soarer get impounded aswell?

sorry, never been in nor heard of this situation before. wish you the best of luck.

Street racing is subjective and at the discretion of the polices opinion. I would suggest getting a good lawyer if you want to keep your license and deny racing black and blue, and act annoyed about the entire situation.

I would also deny hitting any speed above 60, as it sounds like they are not getting you for speeding, but getting you for 'street racing'.

The fact that you don't drive a turbo skyline gives you a bit of room to play.. Suggest that if anyone was racing it was the police in the SS commodore who obviously could'nt pull you over for speeding because you are a law abiding citizen and you where not speeding.

If you get a good lawyer he'll give a myriad of reasons about why your car being impounded has ruined your life financially, personally and mentally. Talk to the guy in the Soarer, if BOTH of you deny with absolute certainty that you where racing, the cops are going to have a hard time proving it.

A good lawyer will make a mockery of the police who pulled you over, make them look like idiot and basically sum it up as "they couldnt pin my client for something they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt."

If you and the Soarer guy have the same story you will be very sweet.

If EVERYBODY fought the cops in court over "police discretionary" offences (unrecorded speeding, street racing, burn-outs etc), eventually the rules would change? Then the cops would literally have to prove everything... which, in the end, they`d just let 80% of the people go, because they can`t prove anything. How it should be;)

really hard to win cases in ur situation, sorry to say but u will probably get fines upto $2000, loose ur licence, car gone for 3 months and pay close to $1000 to get the car out. if u have been caught red handed then u don't have a lot to argue for.

make sure u take any lose interior bits out (CD's etc.) fill in the paper in detail of accesories (gauges, timers etc) and if possible take photos.

a couple of friends were in the same situation and they didnt even let them put a car cover on. try to ur luck...maybe they will let u. sorry dude.

Sorry to hear your car has been impounded... but

I would suggest getting a good lawyer if you want to keep your license and deny racing black and blue, and act annoyed about the entire situation
Talk to the guy in the Soarer, if BOTH of you deny with absolute certainty that you where racing, the cops are going to have a hard time proving it.
A good lawyer will make a mockery of the police who pulled you over, make them look like idiot and basically sum it up as "they couldnt pin my client for something they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt."  
the trick is to ADMIT NOTHING and don't let anything they say in court be 'taken for granted'.. deny everything.
If EVERYBODY fought the cops in court over "police discretionary" offences (unrecorded speeding, street racing, burn-outs etc), eventually the rules would change? Then the cops would literally have to prove everything...  

I read this and sorry, i am offended. So a guy doing his job tells the truth about you speeding off from a set of lights... ok you may not have been racing him but you did give it a tweak to keep up with him or encourage him.

So what is everybodies first reaction, make out the police are lying. So you ppl are happy going to court and lie under oath, all while making a police officer who happens to be telling the truth out to be a lying, untrustoworthy witness. This pisses me off to no end.

Peoples willingness to lie in court and make out that Police are either corrupt, lying, acting illegaly etc etc is a real concern of mine. The scary thing is that your lies in court could perhaps win over the truth of the Police officer.

Again im sorry to hear your car has been imounded, sure challenge the car being impounded, but please dont challenge the facts of the case at the expense of the police officers integrity.

If you get a good lawyer he'll give a myriad of reasons about why your car being impounded has ruined your life financially, personally and mentally.

In my opinion (i dount anyone really wants to hear it ever again) is the best avenue to contest the charges. There are many reasons , the last should be lying on court, or insinuating/claiming the officer is lying.

good lawyer will make a mockery of the police who pulled you over, make them look like idiots

cops are idiots, shouldnt be hard to prove!

take it to court man and put the cop on the stand and let your lawyer rip apart his bs statement

cops are idiots, shouldnt be hard to prove!  

take it to court man and put the cop on the stand and let your lawyer rip apart his bs statement

...how in the hell can you encourage this... the Police in theis case woul dhappen to be telling the truth, and you would KNOWINGLY be attacking the guy as being unethical/lying.

And ppl wonder why police lose heart so quickly when on the job with shitbags/lyers jumping in the stand and their lies carry more weight then the truth of the Police officer. Its a SAD sign of the times we live in:rolleyes:

don't impound the car when he wasn't in any organised street racing...

Why does the street racing have to be organised, surely if it were orgainised it would be safer then tearing away from a set of lights not knowing what is 300mtrs up the road.

But m3boy claims he wasnt really racing, so should perhaps argue the merits of the case, not assainate the charactore of the officer.