SAU Community

Tinted Headlights!

R34GT-T

There is a product called 'crystalite' that now has ADR approved headlight tints. Its not a film but a micro resin that bonds to the light. It is quite expensive because you can't DIY. Needs a qualified Applicator. 5 or so colours and claims to be heaps stronger than the OME light (polycarbonate lenses) surface so scratches are avoided. Tell me what you reckon? click the link!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12281250@N02/

PS. I am considering becoming an applicator.

Edited by R34GT-T

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one opinion about the concept of applying a light-reducing tint to a surface designed to allow light to pass through it in order for you to see where you're going.

f**king stupid.

i have actually seen an r33 with a tinted headlights and i have to say it looks really mean and heaps better looking than the standard lights, and they look expensive i liked it, it makes the car stand out more it was at vic fawkners kfc, if this guy is here i hope he would post some photos so everyone can have a look but the car looks way better. how much do they cost?

I only have one opinion about the concept of applying a light-reducing tint to a surface designed to allow light to pass through it in order for you to see where you're going.

f**king stupid.

100 percent agree. Would have to be one of the dumbest things you could do for safe night time driving.

And i highly doubt its adr aproved

f**king stupid.

It depends on the direction in which it reduces light.

If it only reduces light going from the outside world into the housing (like a 1 way mirror only stops light passing through in 1 direction) then I reckon it's great. I've seen cars with tinted lights and it looks tough.

If it reduces both ways, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

a one/two way mirror (heard it called both) only works because it has a thin metallic film on one side that reflects light in the bright room, making the window seem like a mirror. Therefore you can't see anything in the darker room because the reflection is brighter.

there's no such thing as a material that's "one way" with light.

f**king stupid.

so you don't have tinted windows i take it?

i've noticed he does that... no offence dude, but you're running with the big boys here

I wouldn't tint my headlights if it stopped any light coming out... which is pretty much the definition of tinting...

so you don't have tinted windows i take it?

Unless kinks is a mad hectic street drifter, he won't really be "looking where he is going" out of his side windows. Front windshield tinting is illegal, aside from the sunvisor strip at the top.

so we should ban this?

34y48ir.jpg

Yes. It's f**king hideous.