SAU Community

Holy Crap! 08 Gt-r V 09 Gt-r

Snowman

Here's a video comparing the 08 GT-R (Series 1) to the 09 GT-R (Series 2). We get the Series 2 being delivered here from Nissan Oz where as pretty much all of the import ones here will be 08's. But given on paper the changes only look minor the real life differences are quite huge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6ZCCBWito

Looks like they have tuned the supension quite a far bit and adjusted the 4wd ratio, looking at the the cars attitude in the corner, next to no tyre screach either. It looks alot more refined in the handling department that is for sure.

Looks like they have tuned the supension quite a far bit and adjusted the 4wd ratio, looking at the the cars attitude in the corner, next to no tyre screach either. It looks alot more refined in the handling department that is for sure.

+1

There were afew in car scenes where you see Keiichi Tsuchiya going around the corner and he seems to be turning the steering wheel left and right just to keep himself in line as opposed to the '09 his hands are pretty much in the same position.

The improvements are from updated shock valving, updated spring rates, updated front lower arm bushes and new Dunlop tires. Mizuno's mission statement is to evolve the GT-R year on year with subtle improvements such as these and the 09 model is a testament to his work.

Nissan head back to Nurburgring this year once the weather clears up. They will not be doing so under the veil of secrecy they have in the past however and will be inviting media along to open the whole thing up to scrutiny to try and silence the naysayers.

I had dinner with the VP of communications of Nissan JP a couple of weeks back (yes the guy who told Porsche that they needed driving lessons) and he's personally really excited to see how the 09 model does.

Nissan have two test drivers who've done 7'29" in the 08 model now so hopefully in 09 the base GT-R goes faster again.

wow, some of the km/hr splits were pretty amazing. Was there 5hp extra from the '08?

i agree regarding the handling, it didn't look like as much of an animal.

this is what gives me hope for the V-Spec. On paper the 09 GTR doesn't look much different at all, but those km/hr splits tell a MUCH different story.

So hopefully the V-Spec will surprise us all, despite not really stirring our nether regions with it's paper specs.

Andrew, must be just a tad more excited about the delivery now? :D

I read recently that there will be a price increase to conform to recent currency changes. I dont know if it was a typo and sposed to be 10-12%, but it said 1-2%.

The 35 platform is already amazing, all it would ever need is small improvements in specific areas. Like weight :D

In the "Best Motoring 2009-1 Nismo GT-R Keiichi Tsuchiya Impression" video on the same page, the Nismo R35 GTR does the same track in 2:00.79 whereas the 09 GTR does it 1:59.51...

Makes you question the value for money for the Nismo product.

Looks like Nismo might lose some business ;)

Edited by SRS13

Good to see tem contiually improving an already awesome package. Definitly a more refined car now that can be pushed harder in the corners as shown by the times.

Cant wait to see the times round the nurburgring...should have porsche no doubt crying again

In the "Best Motoring 2009-1 Nismo GT-R Keiichi Tsuchiya Impression" video on the same page, the Nismo R35 GTR does the same track in 2:00.79 whereas the 09 GTR does it 1:59.51...

Makes you question the value for money for the Nismo product.

Looks like Nismo might lose some business :blink:

The Nismo Clubsport was never REALLY developed to sell. It was the only way to develop the SpecV with the available funds Nissan had. There's no unlimited money bucket unfortunately so Nismo developed the Clubsport using their budget and the parts were then used on the SpecV. A great bit of accounting that leaves the undesirable Clubsport package as a bit of a nothing car.

1 was sold.... ever.... I don't think any more will sell now the SpecV is here....

Nissan have two test drivers who've done 7'29" in the 08 model now so hopefully in 09 the base GT-R goes faster again.

I thought that the 7.29min Nurburgring GT-R's were 09MY spec with suspension and tyre upgrades. On various forums, Corvette and Porsche fans have been whinging and whining that the car that did the time was not exactly the same as the showroom car on sale. Also from other articles I have read the 09MY sans launch control are still capable of 0-100km/h time in 3.5 secs. Is this true?

Great vid, I LOVE the dark wheels, they are even darker now, look so menacing. There is no doubt the 08MY is one of the smoothest most composed supercars on the planet, but the 09MY is really on another level, amazing! as is the speed differential thru the bends. I can't believe a car of this quality, performance, style and level of engineering will be available for $8,000 LESS than a HSV W427 or BMW M3!. Even a stock 3.6 911 Carerra is a good $70K more BEFORE you add options. One can only imagine what the Spec V will be capable of....

I thought that the 7.29min Nurburgring GT-R's were 09MY spec with suspension and tyre upgrades. On various forums, Corvette and Porsche fans have been whinging and whining that the car that did the time was not exactly the same as the showroom car on sale. Also from other articles I have read the 09MY sans launch control are still capable of 0-100km/h time in 3.5 secs. Is this true?

There have been two suspension changes since 2007. 7'29 was achieved after the first suspension change.

The latest suspension change is a lot more significant.