Organised Street Racing ?!

craig R33

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lock your kiddies up, the hoff is in town.

Why not draw up a consent form waiving any liability Rubes? Let me guess, legal loopholes?

Waivers aren't worth the paper their written on - if you're the organiser, and you're found to be negligent when something goes wrong, you'll still get done for it.

Forget CAMS - they have a list of approved tracks, and you'd never get them to support racing on an airstrip. Speak to ANDRA or for insurance AASA.

Its time for RACE WARS lol :)

lol old military bases are used in the USA for dragstrips etc. it just makes too much sense doesnt it?

in case anyone is bored read this and go down to Australia,,,,as you can see street racing is a popular thing world wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_racing#Australia

but in USA they ticket the spectators, as well as the racers now, WTF?

Nothing is worth the paper its written on anymore. But I'm going to contact the CAMS office and find a bit more info. I might even start with Cafe Racers and mock up a form like theirs. I'll get my MA competitors log book out and find out more.

Once I know liability issues are sorted, then I'll see if we can 'borrow' an airstrip for a day. Client of ours has an airstrip down at Goolwa way ... see if I can invite him out to lunch for a chat. He'd wanna be assured we have insurance for the day, and not rely on him being liable.

If you need any volunteer fireeys I'll help out

-D

Edit - probably wouldnt hurt to have a couple medical staff on hand just in case... know anyone? :laugh:

Edited by Dohmar