SAU Community

What do you drive as a Daily Driver?

predator

Getting kinda boring in here.. so time to spark up some conversation.

Well most of us own skylines in here.. what other crazy cars do you drive each day when you're not driving your skyline? Just how bad are they? what cool features or anti-features do they have? What other cars have you driven regularly while not driving the skyline?

I think we have the winner with Jamez driving the Lada and the purple GTR, but what else does everybody drive out there?

Ok well, i'll start with mine... i'd go out and take a photo but its dark, maybe that is a good thing :)

Car : Ford XF Falcon Wagon

Colour: Monza Red (if only it DID make it go faster)

Year: 1987

Best Feature: Um, it can probably carry cattle. Its dented plenty so adding another is actually an entertaining event. It scares people when i try to drive it like my GTS-T :) Takes speed bumps at 80km/hr :) oh, oh it has an aftermarket cup holder!

Worst Feature: Drives like a tank (see below), sounds like a tank, auto is slipping more than your mothers crotch, forced to listen to TAPES on the quality AM/FM stereo cassette player with AUTOREVERSE (woo) is as painful as the performance. Its about as wanted as a diseased boatload of sheep floating somewhere in the middle east.

Performance: Trucks go faster than this thing. People think i'm deliberately trying to piss them off by driving really slow (i'm not :) ).

Would I drive it again by choice: **** NO!! :(

What would prefer as a daily driver: R31 Skyline Wagon :)

Dislike Factor: 9.8/10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 silver RAV4 Cruiser

Best feature: the air conditioning works very well...and the stock stereo aint bad either

Worst feature: If you take a turn too fast the bloody thing feels like its about to tip over :)

Performance: Its not as slow as you would expect...I enjoy ripping xcels

Would I drive it by choice: why not, its not too big, and its got a fair amount of space with the back seats taken out...very utilitarian

What I would prefer: A landcruiser

Dislike factor: 6/10

HIACE :)

Fully paid and maintained by company, even petrol. Complete free usage (go anywhere do anything), took it camping and used as a tent :(, fits a large single bed. Have installed a system including a 12" rockford fosgate sub and amp :).

Had a Mercadices Vito before this :). Much better quality built van and handled damn good too. The gear lever was mounted on dash, felt like a atari joystick :).

From tomorrow for 3 weeks up in north QLD

Car : BA Ford Falcon

Colour: Blue

Year: 2003

Best Feature: Its a hire car so it is the fastest car in the world and will go places normal cars wont go.

All the petrol is free and for every km i do i get 1 qantas frequent flyer point which all goes toward my free holiday

Worst Feature: Doesent bag it up well enough and lacks abit of low down torque, feels like you are driving a boat at 220km/h

Performance: Preety smooth and quiet cruising at 100kmh on the highways, other tham that 2 slow for my liking

Would I drive it again by choice: No

What would prefer as a daily driver: XR6 Turbo

Dislike Factor: 5/10

Originally posted by Dsturbd

Hire cars always rev harder .. see how many revs it pulls in first

I have driven hire cars more than my car over the last few months!

I have tested them all out to max revs and on 4wd tracks :)

2003 Magna

2003 VY Commo

2003 Camry VVTi 4

2003 BA

Nicest is the BA falcon to drive, but the commo does the best donuts, even tho its a single spinner

Car : Honda Civic CXI hatch

Colour: Red

Year: 1997 (the one with the big headlights)

Best Feature: Usually gets better than 7L/100km and I hardly drive for economy.

Worst Feature: No low down torque, typical Honda engine, you have to wring its neck to get any decent acceleration out of it. (but it does come onto the cam and then it goes ok.)

Performance: Better than the excel I had before it, but see note above.

Would I drive it again by choice: Yes, but would seriously consider putting it on a force feed diet, if you know what I mean.

What would I prefer as a daily driver: Something like a 3 series Beemer.

Like Factor: (the glass is half full ): 6/10

The BA does feel really big, I did get the BA's check engine light to come on once on a bumpy 4wd track, i think with all the bumps the BA suffers oil surging problems.

Car : Datsun 1600 (P510)

Colour: White

Year: 1970

Engine: Nissan Z18 EFI Turbo TO3, vl turbo exhaust housing(AR 0.63), intercooler, variable psi, custom exhaust, 5 speed.

225/50 rubbers with alloys.

It is engineered and road legal.

It is suprisingly quick but then again since it only weighs 950 kg. and the engine hp of around 250 certainly makes it zippy.

It custom interior, roll cage, sports s/wheel and more bits. Have had it for 10 years, still hooked on the handling and performance and its charm!

The suspension is from skyline, as the brakes and the diff.

Well there are loads more mods but i dont wanna bore anyone. But the car is a lot of fun, unfortunately these days doesnt see much daylight as the r33 has become the daily drive since its acquisition 2 years ago.

Car: Ford Laser SR2

Colour: Black

Year: 2001

Engine: 2.0L DOHC or sumshit like that

Best Feature: Ex XPLOD Promo vehicle so it has one awesome system in it, and it pumps like no tomorrow. So its got something better then the R34 hehe...

Performance: Nothing like the R34 but still goes not too bad, cant compare it to anything as i have only driven this and the R34...

Would I drive it again by choice: Yeh why not, gets the streets pumping..:(

Interior: Very nice aftermarket leather interior with Xplod stuff on it

Preference of a Daily Driver: BMW 330ci Convertible :)

Dislike Factor: 3/10 ..:)

how about a Monaro CV8R

likes: leather interior, good features (fuel comp, reverse beepers etc)

dislikes: auto :( also, vy auto trans not as good as the old ones... the old auto CV8's used to bag em up easy.. new trans doesnt have a very good kickdown.

done 3000km in it so far and absolutely giving it hell :P

img004.jpg

hehe my car IS my daily driver... yes, my car gets ho'd around town like an underage pro in st kilda. plus i have a change of clothes, shoes, 3 pairs of fresh socks, toothbrush and enough music to last me close to 100 hours in MP3 CDs.

likes: fuel efficency higher than any other skyline on the face of the earth.

dislikes: slower than any other skyline on the face of the earth.

Car: 1987 Suzuki Alto Panel Van (Looks Like a Hatch, but it's actually a panel van.. Jap Style!)

Engine: 554cc (.5 Litre for those unfamiliar with cc's) , 3 Cylinder Engine.. and a 4 speed manual gear box

Description: Go-Kart with a Shell.. and tinted windows

Likes: The 10 inch rims on it, and the fact you can go around a corner at almost any speed, and it holds on.. plus it flys over speed bumps.. and I mean that, it gets air!

Dislikes: When you rev out in 3rd, and change into 4th, you're only doing 55km/h ... :P

Perks: IT's a loan car while we rebuild my RB25 for a larger power output.. and is more economical than your average lawn mower

Plus I can drag almost anyone on a push bike, and come close to winning every time!! :(

1974 Toyota Corolla.

Grandma got in new in '74 and it only had 82,000k when I got it back in 1998.

Its practically bullet proof and nothing besides a head gasket popping has ever gone wrong.

I drive it like I stole it and the 1.1, 4cyl donk loves to sit on 80km/h (any higher and it vibrates in an evil manner ).

Only do about 15ks a week max so $10 of Super lasts a month.

Insurance is only $150 (TPFT )

The Liner only comes out for special occasions and on weekends so Rolly is pefect for rally blasting to the shops after work or sliding around on wet days. ( would rather drift the corolla than the Liner, I'm a big wuss )

Car: 2000 VT Commodore Wagon

Colour: Blue

Best Feature: Carries all my golf shit around where my GTR would barely fit two clubs.

Worst Feature: Nothing at all

Im like Ed my Line only comes out to play on weekends or days off work too

Alan

1995 Nissan Skyline GTST R33 :P

Best feature: its a skyline, everything about it is a super awesome feature :(

Worst feature: cant park it anywhere without worrying like a worried mother

Performance: fookin awesome :)

Would I drive it by choice: erm yes, but not really as a daily driver

What I would prefer: Something that can be parked anywhere whenever i want and i dont need to worry

Dislike factor: 0/10