SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

yea i am only a rating 5. =(

anyways, do anyone here know if insurance will cover for a double din? I am thinking of installing one and got told that.. for it to be legal it has to be connected to the handbrake?

thanks

beepee

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, now that I have my car back after the accident, I am still covered under my current policy, right?

Call them, when my car was stolen, recovered and written off and they paid me out it was cancelled from then.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i posted this previously in wasteland but theres actually a thread here for it... i recently bought a gtr and engine has been swapped and ive told just cars this and they said it will need to be registered with the car before they cover me..

so does this mean i have to go through regency? or is it an id check at a cop station? (where they will probably send me to regency anyway cos it s a skyline!)

no get a change of engine form put the original engine number on the form the new number and hand it in to service SA they will check the engine isn't stolen and with in 10mins of being at a counter you should be on your was with no fee to pay

rating 1, no history for 10yrs of any naughties.

Stagea, modified, 13k value $650pa premium with Just cars

thats actually quite good tangles....but it also depends on how old you are.....

• 4 weeks later...

Not very impressed with shannons

Called up last sunday to report my accident and was assured that an assessor would be out the next day to have a look at it.

Car got towed by shannons to the workshop on the Monday. Was assured that provided I get the approval in time, I should be able to get the car fixed before the Riverland car show.

Workshop was able to price the parts and labour by the Wed, and they had the quote faxed to shannons on thursday.

Heard nothing from Shannons since I'd called them on the Sunday (poor service!) so I called up yesterday to see what was going on...

Shannons could not find the quote (aka the douche on the phone was adamant they didn't have it), so I called up the Workshop who resent the quote. I called Shannons back straight away and spoke to the consultant on the phone who confirmed it had came in straight away, and that there would be a delay of >2 weeks< before getting an assessor out there. I told the guy this was unacceptable based upon what I was told on the Sunday (and given the fact that it had already been a week). Was told he would do what he could for me. Again, no call back from any shannons rep.

Called again today. Got possibly the dumbest call centre operator who said they couldn't do anything to speed up the assessor. At this stage I was getting pretty pissed off and told him that I was unimpressed with the lack of service and requested to speak to a manager. He told me it wasn't possible since the manager was on the phone. I told him I would wait. He told me that the manager was going to be a long time. I asked him why he thought the manager would be a long time. He didn't have an answer, but came back with a weak response about how to make a complaint. I told him I didn't want to make a complaint, that I wanted to speak to his manager and that I would wait on hold.

After 15 minutes of being on hold, it turns out instead of transferring me to his manager, he transferred me to the assessors department, where I finally got to speak to someone who wasn't completely useless. She made an appointment for an assessor to go out this coming thursday, 1.5 weeks after originally placing the claim. It seems I have the same assessor that writeoff had, so I'm hoping that I don't get screwed around by their incompetence.

I think its pretty shithouse that a company that says 'they put the car first' don't even bother to pro-actively contact their customers, nor do they have an acceptable assessment time. Justcars, AAMI, SGIC and RAA all have assessors on site within 48 hours, and they're supposed to be lesser insurers than shannons.

I think I'll be getting a quote from H2P later on. Can't go to justcars (because they suck - no agreed value) and I'm seriously unimpressed with Shannons. Given the fact we generally pay $1-2k per year on our cars, doesn't that entitle us to some basic service? You know, like calling the customer and keeping them informed. I had to call back several times due to the incompetence of the people in the call centre not knowing their own procedures...

When you take this into account, as well as the dramas writeoff has had over the last year, I have to say I'm rather disillusioned with Shannons and their so called 'premium insurance'

End rant.

-D