SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

got my renewal in the post today from shannons. Agreed Value has dropped $4500, not a big deal since its just a shell atm but once complete i'll go in there.

i had this argument with them last renewal they dropped the price of my value by 4 g i asked are you going to drop the premium as well to reflect the new valuation they replied errr no that price stays the same ....me i dont think so sunshine how can it be agreed value if one party does not agree to the changes .

after about 15 mins i got put onto a supervisor who tried the same spiel but i stood firm if im paying a premuim on a car last week was worth 18g and this week your telling me it's worth 14g then the premium has to drop as well lol.

anyway after saying i will take my 3 car policy's elsewhere things started too swing my way with the skyline remaining at 18g and the premium would stay the same . i was also told that they will stick too the agreed value in the future .

the bit that pissed me off is how can they change the agreed value without telling you if i wanted that i would have gotten a market value policy not agreed value .

my rant for the day

You can be with Shannons if your under 25 but will need a pretty good driving history.

I've never claimed, got 1 speeding ticket ever, no crashes, no loss of license.

I've never claimed, got 1 speeding ticket ever, no crashes, no loss of license.

Odd. You've got a cleaner record than most people out there, including myself...

lets see....

Red light camera fine in my mums sigma(19)

1 speeding fine in my mums sigma (20)

PCA (age 21) in my r31 (crashed)

Driving with undue care (age 21, same incident as above) in my r31 (crashed)

2 speeding fines on the R31 (age 22-24)

2 speeding fines on the VN commodore (25-26)

3 speeding fines on the R32 GTR (28-30)

crashed the r31 twice with the 2nd time being a complete write off, and yet I've always kept my rating 1, regardless of the insurance company (AAMI, Justcars and Shannons)

its weird how they work it out - if I was an insurer I'd be more inclined to give Damo insurance than myself

-D

i might have to have a talk to them about mine, they've sneakily dropped the agreed value of my trailer from 6500 to 5600 :s

rofl how does something as simple as a trailer lose value? bastards

id be grilling a manager if i was u

-D

just got my insurance renewal today from just cars and it says my cars not covered for theft unless i have a immobiliser , do r32 gtrs have some saught of antitheft device on board or do i have to get a immobilizer if i dont want to take the risk other wise theres no point really having the insurance

from memory i dont think that they came with an immobiliser.....but in saying so you should have an alarm on a R specially......speak to Ric at Auto perfections mate.....he knows his stuff alarm wise :/

so if your car was made about 40 years ago when imobolizer where never heard of and some one stole your car insurance would not cover it, even though that model car was never sold from the factory with anysort of antitheft device. Just goes to show how times are changing

I just read through a nrma booklet and does not mention anything about having to have a immobilizer

Edited by nismo32gtr

i might have to have a talk to them about mine, they've sneakily dropped the agreed value of my trailer from 6500 to 5600 :s

sorted that one out, had gone from 6000 to 5600 on their standard "depreciation". i told them otherwise that it should go back to 6k. also the value on the patrol had gone from 15k last year to 11900, thats been revised back to 13500

Fairly sure the alarm must meet Australian standards and have at least two points of immobilisation.

i thought it was 3 points of immobilisation?

i thought an immobilizer had to be fitted as part of compliance?

It is, but from my recent experience the pricks charged me for an autowatch and when i had my mate inspect he said there was definitely NOTHING installed!

I'm 23 and drive a modified R32 GTST skyline, I've had no at fault claims or accidents or loss of license, excessive speeding fines etc. Is there anyone apart from just car worth trying?

$400 is fine for third party but if I can get full comp for around $1k I would consider it.

Just punched my car into Just Cars website, as a 33-yo female driver (rating 1) with no claims, no points off my license, perfect history driving an R34 GTT Sedan - they'll do $14k value at $1,044/yr .. uhh .. LOL ... no.

What I don't get the above driver is probably only just off their P's at 19, would be considered a rating what - 4? .. Yet can manage $1500 for an R34 GTR? .. Doesn't smell right. I punched similar details onto Justcars website and they said closer to $1900, but even that seems a bit low. Eh, who knows - maybe Just Cars really will just insurance young kids for cheap. Sure wasn't like that when I was younger.

Eh, either way I'm sticking with my Shannons with $28K agreed at $1250/yr.

boy takes to long to get a online quote

anyways my JC insurance 36yr old rating one agreed value $16k 1994 R33 4door $800/ yr roughly and $400 excess :P