SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

ill be giving shannons a call soon to add some stuff (ive been a bit slack about it the last few weeks), probably looking at an extra couple hundred a year. big deal. would rather have the cover and not need it than need it and not have it. 200 bucks vs 20k. no brainer.

Quick question...

I'm currently with Just Car insurance (comprehensive insurance) and will be selling my car soon. Can I get a refund back on the 2-3 months outstanding or do I have to run it out?

Edited by Normsta

I have just gone through a massive legal battle with telstra and their customer service was sooo much better than what i experienced with shannons today!!!

A good friend of mine is looking at buying a TT V6 Quattro, she has been calling around due to the fact she is 23 and shannons was one that she tried. The guy on the end of the phone refused to even quote her as she isn't part of any car club (i'm not and have my car through them)

they then proceeded to tell her that "you aren't a motoring enthusiast so i can't quote you"

i spoke to the guy as she didn't know wheat was going on and again he refused to quote on the car WTF!!

i know they look for a specific target audience but thats going a bit far

END RANT!!

Edited by Whiplash

yeah Nick they definitely seem to hand pick their clientele.

My bike is insured with them yet they won't go near a couple of guys I know with full customs......one is club affiliated but the other is as clean as a whistle :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone I'm new to the site aswell as owning a skyline.

I recently tried to get insured through shannons but they wouldent let me because of a few reasons (i live in regional vic):

1. my car is not garaged in a lock up garage.

2. the skyline I got is my first turbo'd car, they needed proof that I've had experience with a turbo.

3. my car doesent have an australian standard immobilizer.

So i've ended up going with RACV full comp.

Premium is $1,172, Excess $550 (but because I'm under 25 I add another $400, so $950).

I checked out just cars and the premium was $300 more and excess was about $1000! more!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most people on here... 'IF you cant afford the insurance you cant afford the car..'

I bought my r34 gtt tuesday and insured it with shannons with a $1800 premium. I personally think that comp insurance is the only way 2 go..

Dont be stupid.. Btw im 21.. but because of my prev history with turbo cars and regular history in car shows.. I was able to be insured by them!

i dont mean to be offensive, but history in car shows really has nothing to do with whether or not you qualify for cover? this is error on the insurers behalf, not yours. i got a 34 also, im 22, and cannot get insurance with them.

i dont mean to be offensive, but history in car shows really has nothing to do with whether or not you qualify for cover? this is error on the insurers behalf, not yours. i got a 34 also, im 22, and cannot get insurance with them.

who knows what kooky rules shannons lives by. if the dude has been involved in motorsport since hes 12, then yeah, ok, but tbh as far as i know, they do not, rule of thumb, insure anyone under the age of 25 anymore....

I could be wrong but i call shenanigans

-D

who knows what kooky rules shannons lives by. if the dude has been involved in motorsport since hes 12, then yeah, ok, but tbh as far as i know, they do not, rule of thumb, insure anyone under the age of 25 anymore....

I could be wrong but i call shenanigans

-D

i had my old 32 with them when i was 17 for 6 months, full comp till i found a better insurence company (wesfarmers) and cancelled that.

called them when i was 21 to insure my rego'd track car with mods (and they knew it was a track car with all mods) and im not with any car clubs and they still insured me full comp.

also, my driving histroy isnt perfect although nothing majorly bad...

im not sure their method for insuring but it seems to be abit all over the place.

Weird people are getting knocked back about 'not being an enthusiast'. When I called up, they asked if I read car magazines, was into cars etc - and accepted that happily for the insurance for my R34 GTT without question ...

Weird people are getting knocked back about 'not being an enthusiast'. When I called up, they asked if I read car magazines, was into cars etc - and accepted that happily for the insurance for my R34 GTT without question ...

tell them the following

shannons: 'r u teh enthuzeeast?'

you: 'i r so da enthuzeeast'

shannons; 'prove it'

you: 'u seen dat movie gran torino?'

shannons: 'laik who hasnt, clint is awesome'

you: 'im laik clint, but in real life...'

shannons: 'oh s**t!'

-D

• 2 weeks later...
tell them the following

shannons: 'r u teh enthuzeeast?'

you: 'i r so da enthuzeeast'

shannons; 'prove it'

you: 'u seen dat movie gran torino?'

shannons: 'laik who hasnt, clint is awesome'

you: 'im laik clint, but in real life...'

shannons: 'oh s**t!'

-D

LOL :P

is there any other insurance companys that are good for under 25 yr olds besides just car and shannons?