SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

I ended up changing to H2P.

Paying $1,100 a year and covered for $23,000

IMO its much better then paying just cars the same amount and only getting covered for $14,000, and i noticed on my renewal they had dropped my agreed value without consulting me...

Everyones case is different, I have very minimal mods so it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to get insurance now. I just have your average R33 S2 with mods.

My current policy is with LSV but they have doubled my excess to $1k (must be the market, ive made no claims) and i found out their agreed value means nothing just maximum amount, its just a reference to what clause where hey will assess the value and then pay what they want!

Shannons - Wont touch me. No reason other than they arent doing skylines or similiar unless its in addition to your existing policy or stuff like that.

Famous - $1750 premium + $750 excess + $1000 theft excess for value of $16k. Not too impressed.

I've got 1 week left to get cover. Crap!!

Im trying to get insurance now. I just have your average R33 S2 with mods.

My current policy is with LSV but they have doubled my excess to $1k (must be the market, ive made no claims) and i found out their agreed value means nothing just maximum amount, its just a reference to what clause where hey will assess the value and then pay what they want!

Shannons - Wont touch me. No reason other than they arent doing skylines or similiar unless its in addition to your existing policy or stuff like that.

Famous - $1750 premium + $750 excess + $1000 theft excess for value of $16k. Not too impressed.

I've got 1 week left to get cover. Crap!!

Shannons wont insure skylines? They've insured mine and I don't have any existing policy... are you extremely young?

What about JustCar ?

-D

Im 27, its not my daily driver, and ive never made a claim before. The guy was saying we will only insure them if your an existing customer basically. He was nice about it he just apologised and said thats the instructions they have been given over the past month or so. So basically what he is saying is we wont do it, but we do it if we feel like it.

Shannons no longer insure skylines if they are your daily driver, especially if you are under 25.

Wrong. Mine is classified as a Daily. I am nearly 30 tho, so that might be exception to the rule.

-D

right actually, from only recently they have started making it harder to get import insurance. Rep at SMASA informed me. I dunno tho, insurance quotes seem not to ever be exactly comparible, so i guess it depends who you talk to?

right actually, from only recently they have started making it harder to get import insurance. Rep at SMASA informed me. I dunno tho, insurance quotes seem not to ever be exactly comparible, so i guess it depends who you talk to?

Well considering I still have a policy with them as a lot of other members do, I'd have to query this. Fair enough if theyve stopped accepting any imports, but tbh it would be shooting themselves in the foot from an image point of view (Shannons - The insurer for SOME motor enthusiasts) and I imagine they'd be losing a bit of money - that is unless the insurance premiums from their underwriters have gone up dramatically.

I'd rather them just say 'no insurance to under 25's'

-D

Well after calling and being rejected before even getting into details i drove into the Shannon's office in st leonards. They seemed like they were going to give me a quote until they found out my car is kept in a secure basement without an individual cage... at which point they said sorry cant do. Im spewing, i should of just fibbed like alot of others do.

Now basically my only 2 choices are LSV and Famous. :-(

my Just Car excess is $2550

H2P excess quoted at $2000

Famous said:

Excess:

Basic Excess $1,000

Age Excess $500

Single Vehicle Excess $1,000

Total: $2,500

And Shannons wont insure me

they arent that different, and with just car you can adjust your premium so you pay either more excess or less excess, which reduces or increases your premium respectively, im sure you can do this with other companies too.

Looks like im gonna renew my policy with LSV.

Agreed value $16k

Premium $1,516

Excess $1,000

Scary thing is when i called up the guy today apparently when i had previously called few weeks ago the agreed value on my current policy was changed to $16k when it was at $20k... i had only asked for a bloody renewall quote!! I then ask well do you have all my mods? they didnt have any!!!! I know for certain i told them over the phone a year ago when i did it as im always cautious to cover the main stuff!

Even worse, the guy today didnt even seem to care about mods he's like it wont change the agreed value. I fire back saying mate im reading through the information on your website and if mods arent declared the policy could be void... take them down please!!!

Edited by Xizor

Well after calling and being rejected before even getting into details i drove into the Shannon's office in st leonards. They seemed like they were going to give me a quote until they found out my car is kept in a secure basement without an individual cage... at which point they said sorry cant do. Im spewing, i should of just fibbed like alot of others do.

Not something I would reccomend.

e.g. you lie, tell them fully enclosed garage, a week, a month, 4 months time - whatever, you make a claim. eg someone has backed into your car, or damaged your car somehow in this basement car park, you lodge a claim, tell them it happened.

What are you going to explain to them? You have a duty of disclosure.....

You have just paid your early premium for nothing. Cash in their hands!

Not something I would reccomend.

e.g. you lie, tell them fully enclosed garage, a week, a month, 4 months time - whatever, you make a claim. eg someone has backed into your car, or damaged your car somehow in this basement car park, you lodge a claim, tell them it happened.

What are you going to explain to them? You have a duty of disclosure.....

You have just paid your early premium for nothing. Cash in their hands!

I know i know which is why i didnt. that said though its just as easy to state it happened elsewhere. But i prefer not to be dodgy.

if you lie to your insurance company, and see a twin turbo toyota parked out the front with a bald man in the front seat, run.

That wouldn't help.

He's a pretty good shot

-D

lol correct on both accounts boys.......at the end of the day, I'm trying to keep the premiums down for the honest few.......but if you do lie, I will get you :P