SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

Im 26.

but renewed my insurance a couple weeks b4 I turned 26.

Justcars.

100 a month. rating one.

Tried doing an online quote with shannons. They dont even have skylines listed ?

Im 26.

but renewed my insurance a couple weeks b4 I turned 26.

Justcars.

100 a month. rating one.

Tried doing an online quote with shannons. They dont even have skylines listed ?

you would have to call up shannons mate

thats the only way you would be able to get a decent quote out of them

Im 18, 19 in a couple months.

Have made 1 previous insurance claim when I was 16, and 1 driving offence (no P Plates).

Full comp insurance on a R32 GTR with agreed value of 24k, can choose whatever repairer I want, one quote needed,

$3300 p/year and $900 for a claim. I paid the first year of insurance outright but yeah.

Thats with Shannons, JustCar wanted $3500 + $2500 to make a claim. I laughed at them and hung up.

All in all fairly happy with shannons considering my situation

interesting differences considering just cars / shannons both go through AAMI

just got my ER34 today... cover $22K costing $1K / year full comp with shannons with some mods and one speeding fine over last year this is not my daily driver so works out cheaper that way

well I just got off the phone with Shannons and turned a possible negative post into a positive one.

I had both the bike and the GTR insured with them for a certain value and the policy has just come up for renewal with a slight increase in premium over last year for both vehicles...(typical).

I rang them to remove the GTR from the policy (due to selling it last week) and they said "fine, we'll send you out an amended policy"......problem is, they slugged me another $80 on top of the increased premium purely because it's gone back to a one vehicle policy.

Now I had the bike insured with them at a discounted rate before I added the GTR in 2007, yet when I added the GTR, I didn't receive a further discount because the bike's premium was already discounted, so in effect now they've gone ahead and taken the initial discount away by increasing the bike's premium twice in the last 12 mths....Not happy Jan :D .

However, after explaining the situation to one of the consultant's team leaders, they removed the extra $80 and wished me all the best, so in my books they are still OK.........how many other insurance companies can you negotiate with other than when they've made a mistake or when first establishing a new policy? :D

• 2 weeks later...

i think Shannons is the best out of the 3 choices you have mate

well so thats what i think....never dealt with famous insurance

steve what are they like mate

Shannons may be better on service and possibly excess, but they told me that they can't even beat Just Car's premium. To each his own i guess.

After quite a bit of research, i think this thread needs a template. There are alot of factors that can alter a premium, not just age and aspiration, eg.

Suburb and postcode:

Years driving:

Claim history:

Rating:

Make and Model:

N/A or Turbo:

Total Value of mods listed:

How is car stored (street, lock up garage, carport etc.)

Premium:

Excess:

Also, if your not the number 1 driver on the policy, don't bother contributing.

well damo for me.....i think shannons have beaten just cars by a mile

but thats just for me.....for others the results might vary

Yeah famous has been good better than just cars

you also need to add the that template location (which in todays day and age isn't wise)

location and if the car is garaged plays a big part in how much you pay