SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

Yup my policy's are in my name only. I too would hate to see my dad drive any of my cars as he's never driven a car with power + he's not the greatest driver as he's too carefull yet careless at the same time (drives slowly but carelessly). The most powerfull car he's driven was a 1.6L fwd pulsar.

Yeah my dads the same. Gives me shit about accelerating 'too fast' and then when he drives, doesnt indicate or check blind spots. And he goes about 50kph in a 60 zone. Old people. What can I say?

-D

im 25 with Shannons. Agreed value of $20,000 Premium $1293.37 Excess $500 Mods listed include RB26DETT, Exhaust, Coilovers, Wheels, JVC TV/DVD player.

And the best thing about Shannons is you get to choose your repairer, you dont with Just Car, which is very important as far as im concerned.

Another Shannons customer here. Started with them when i was 20. 21 now paying $1648 a year, 900 excess and insured for 30k. Car owes me close to 35k at the moment.

I have even spoke to them about the 26/30 saying theres no way it will be getting through regency and even then said thats fine :(

just got a quote through famous

Premium

Total Payable : ** $ 1,949.68

Agreed Cover : $25,000

Excess:

Basic Excess $1,000

Age Excess $500

Single Vehicle Excess $1,000

Total: $2,500

No mention of rating however. So in my search for competitive insurance, Just Cars premium is better than Famous.

Damo you only pay 2.5k if your in an at fault colison by your self so hit a guard rail in the hills and scratch your car all the way down, forget your handbrake and run into a group of shops get the picture

if you run up the back of another car then its 1500

was this quote online cause i would'nt mind betting thats not agreed value either

dont forget guys there is H2P insurance also a division of raa that insure's imports and young drivers

yeah, im only interested in excess if its myself at fault, in my own car, thats why i have insurance. so finding the most competitive interest is of interest to me. accidents happen!

And for the agreed value, i entered my desired agreed value, and it was the same on the quote so i guess its approved.

Just tried H2P online quote, they dont list skyline :)

Yeah so an at fault accident with famous with another car will cost you $1500

if you have a little off in the hills or hit a gutter 9 times out of 10 no matter who your with its cheaper to fix without making a claim this is what you need to think of also

just got the renewal from Shannons for the bike & the R

GTR

$1200 Premium

$500 Excess

Bike

$800 Premium

$750 Excess

but the bike is insured for more than the GTR??!

wow 30k!!! thats huge luke.. some big agreed values with shannons!! gonna give them a call..

My agreed value with Just cars was the same as Shannons, but understand Skylines value has taken a huge hit this year, dealerships are selling off R34 GTT for 20-26 k. but in the scheme of things cars loose value fast, unless they're a investment grade car?

it sucks but just be glad its not a Hyundai or commy, drive it off the lot, worth half what you paid for it. thank the world economy.

when they tell you the qouted value, argue it!!!! they will up the amount a bit, a tiny bit of haggle is worth lots.

and i called a few others, RAA just laughed when I told them what kind of car. pretty much said HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO PAY US?..LOL

they acted like it was a rocket car, no parachute and a brick wall ahead..lol

I coudnt imagine the cost of fixing one of those carbon fiber cars. holy cats it would cost a bank load of cash. which i guess you have if you drive one..lol

I cant believe people drive decent cars without coverage???? then whine when they crash it or it gets stolen?