SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

ok, called Shannons.

after being on hold for 24 minutes, i got through. Gave them some basic details, and was told they need at least 5 years driving experience to be able to insure this kind of car through us, and he advised me to try Just Car because they will definately be able to beat them on the premium. So for a 25min failed phonecall, 24mins i was on hold. awesomeness.

No i have had my full license for 3 years, which i told him, but does L and P count? coz that makes 4 and a half.

ok, called Shannons.

after being on hold for 24 minutes, i got through. Gave them some basic details, and was told they need at least 5 years driving experience to be able to insure this kind of car through us, and he advised me to try Just Car because they will definately be able to beat them on the premium. So for a 25min failed phonecall, 24mins i was on hold. awesomeness.

No i have had my full license for 3 years, which i told him, but does L and P count? coz that makes 4 and a half.

oh well guess you need to sell it and buy a barina until mid life crisis...lol

at least one thing gets better with age..lol

:down: sorry damo just playn ya..lol

Edited by sapphiregraphics

Damo, next car show that Shannons have a display at go and talk in person. This how i did it, when Extreme horsepower had there show on. After you talk to them abit and show them your a car enthusiast you will get covered. Once they have sent the letter out in the mail, go and visit them in person. (the only way i got covered for 30k was to take my car there and show them). They looked all over my car and finally agreed on the value. My car is my daily driver also. It will be cheaper again if i have less use of it.

ok, called Shannons.

i just got full comp through shannons for a rego'd drift ready s13 with an agreed value (told them the mods and my fines and that ive lost my licence once but got it back) and im nearly 21 and im paying 800 a year.

friend just rego'd his limited edition monty carlo vr4 with agreed value and pays $1200 a year with all mods including forged internals listed and he got one fine while on his p's and is only 21.

i wish i knew what made it so different between you and me to get insurence through the same place haha

also, i was paying 580 full comp through west farmers for my 32 while on my p's and most mods listed. only catch is, you must have a house insured under your name or your parents name and insure pretty much everything through them but they are really cheap for everything else anyways.

i went to the shannons tent that was at Old Skool N New Age last year.....the car was practically in front of their tent..........so they were able to get a good look at the car and go over all the mods that had been done at the time

cause i was only 24 (i turned 25 in june last year) they dude was able to give me a quote on full comp insurnace for being 24 and 25..........

but a week before i turned 25 i had a lot of issues with my old insurer.....called shannons up told them what has happening and they insured me on the spot.

Hi everyone. It’s been a while,...

i thought i would share my story with RAA/H2p...

About 7 month ago, my car was vandalised by a homeless person while my car was parked out side a pub on gouger st. I managed to talk to a couple of witnesses there and got the police involved. At the end the cops managed to catch the offender with the witnesses’ description and the offender was charged and got taken away.

knowing that the offender is in custody of police, i thought that i would get my excess fee weaved if i was to make a claim on my insurance.... so i made a claim with my insurance company and got my car fixed (payed my excess up front though $1000) . and got FOI and police report details to the insurance company so that i can get my excess weaved....

However, about 4 month later, i got a letter from the insurance company that they cannot weave my excess, because they can't get the detail of the offender even though the offender had a court date and warrant for arrest issued due to her not turning up to the court.

The thing i don't understand is that when the offender was taken away by police, she would've provided her details to the police, and i have confirmed that with the cop in charge of the scene at the time....

I think the insurance company is trying to avoid paying me back my excess knowing that they won’t get any money back from the offender being homeless person…. Another thing is that I might add is that, when I was trying to sort all this out over the phone the operators were really unhelpful and kind of rude….

What do you guys think I should do? $1000 is pretty big money for me at the moment… I feel as though I can’t really do anything apart from letting it go since the insurance company was quite firm on the fact that they couldn’t get any information even though I have done the right thing and provided every information I could provided (Freedom of information and police report)..

Sorry about the long post though,… I thought about opening a thread but I thought this was the right place to post this….

Thanks for reading anyway,

Cheers

Yohan.

yeah i am with Dave on this one mate

its very unfortunate that a homeless person vandalised your car

and as they dont have a fixed address how will the insurance company go about chasing that person up for the cash...

unlucky i say

hope it all works out for the best for ya mate

surely if the police can charge her, then the insurance company could file a charge.. its a no brainer that she has some sort of income, centrelink payments, selling her ass etc, no-one can live with $0 income. Even if she pays the insurance company a dollar a week, its a 1000 bucks less you have to worry about.

damo the insurance company has already got his $1000

so instead of them doing the chasing around with this homeless person and get a $1 a week

they would rather not chase around....spin you some bullshit and keep your $1000

which in this case is quiet evident.

i agree with Damo if you breath and are living you have some sort of income

its BS that an insurance company can try and get away with it go to small claims court and serve them with papers to attend a hearing sue them for your $1000 and costs of taking it to court

^^ dunno if that would work but its all i can think of

na guys Dave is on the money here.......key words: Homless Person

The ins company will not be out of pocket and they tend to get their money from the easiest party, in this case it was Yohan.

Unless they can recoup that $1000 from the homeless person (which they can't & won't even attempt to) then say goodbye to the $1000 & move on.

You can't take the ins company to court as they've done nothing wrong.

However, you can take the homeless person to court; 1). if you can find them & 2). if you can get more than $5 a week out of them

na guys Dave is on the money here.......key words: Homless Person

:D:(:D

However, you can take the homeless person to court; 1). if you can find them & 2). if you can get more than $5 a week out of them

both of which im guessing would be next to impossible, just because they said their name was 'john smith' doesnt mean their name is john smith, and well, theres a f**kload of homeless john smiths in adelaide. and $5 a week is a significant portion of the money these people live on, id be pissed off about em damaging my car, but id feel pretty dirty doing that to em aswell.

yeah, offender being homeless person, it's unfortunate that i can't get the money... the thing that makes me angry is that when the homeless person was caught in the scen, she was playing pokies in the pub.....

it's just that i feel as though i've been riped off by the insurence company and that offender is getting away easy.... although, the cop that was in charge at the sence told me that the offender has warrent for arrest and soon or later she will get caught with multiple offence.... it's just that i now have to chase it up, then let the insurance company know.... if this person was a genuinly poor person and strugling to live, i would just let it go, but she was caught when she was playing POKIES!!!

Well I just called up Famous Insurance to get a quote, spoke to a good bloke, however he told me that since my car is twin turbo, I need to wait to be 25 or older till they can insure me. Apparently single turbo is fine however. Is the right guys? Seems like a silly rule to me