SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

Those guys work with me but I don't drink (name's Ahmed - no alcohol) so no I'm not at the pub on Fridays.

Whiplash were you at the last Mallala grip practice? does your brother drive a civic type R? Are you that dude?

Those guys work with me but I don't drink (name's Ahmed - no alcohol) so no I'm not at the pub on Fridays.

Whiplash were you at the last Mallala grip practice? does your brother drive a civic type R? Are you that dude?

no I don't have a brother so it wouldn't have been me.

• 2 weeks later...

mine is with just cars.. only one who would insure me at my age with turbo and slight mods..

20 yrs/old

premium.. 1505 per year

excess.. 900

value insured 13500 (i payed alot less than that)

looking into alarms, which will also reduce them prices.

• 2 weeks later...
looking into alarms, which will also reduce them prices.

yes, having an alarm in your skyline might be a good idea too...

where do you live again?

good, now everyone knows theres an r33 without alarm in gawler, 5117 lol...

get that alarm quickly and delete your previous posts man :)

I think he means that his 33 doesnt have an aftermarket alarm yet Rok :D

I think he means that his 33 doesnt have an aftermarket alarm yet Rok :)

wait does 33... ooo yea... you're right dude, completely forgot about r33 factory alarm

22yo Male.

No fines, loss of license, no claims, nothing.

Held a license for 4 years.

1995 R33 GTR

Mods: power fc, full exhaust cat back system, bunch of security stuff, $800 audio system, remote ignition, turbo timer, aftermarket cam gears and belt, carbon fiber front lip.

Just Car

Premium $1530

Excess $1500 plus underage of $450

Insured value $26500

Was originaly quoted online (and paid) over $2000 premium for $21000 value but I rechecked all my details once I had the car in this state and got another online quote, called just car and received a refund cheque :P

For those of you with Just Cars, how do you find their consistency with regards to maintaning the value of your car and the cost of the premium / excess etc ?

I was with Torque for "many" years and then they got taken over by LSV in 2008 ( no big deal right ? ). LSV were answering to Lumley General Insurance ( still no big deal right ? ). LSV are now answering to Wesfarmers General Insurance and all of a sudden LSV dropped the value of my car down 3 grand and bumped up my premium by $400 :nyaanyaa:

So, with no right of reply, I'm thinking about changing to Just Cars.

P.S. I know I'm not from SA but this thread is about the best I could find on my search :laugh:

how old are your scott

41 !

GT-V arent they NA ?

:D

Car has minimal mods and is young, clean & straight condition.

65% NCB rating etc, etc, etc.........

Famous............. Premium: $1,867.00 Excess: $1,000.00 Car Value: $19,000.00 ( ........F*@K THAT !! )

Currently with LSV ( Premium: $1,229.00 Excess: 1,000.00 Car Value: $17,000.00 ) The only thing that might keep me with LSV is: Choice of Repairer, Glass Coverage up to $750 per submission & 14 Days Car Hire.

Anyway, I found some more posts on JC so with all info considered ( good & bad stories ) I'm thinking I might give them a go since they're offering: Premium: $1,306.00 Excess: $1,100.00 Car Value: $21,500.00

thats weird my age and car when first with famous was 900 Permium all mods listed and $1000 excess agreed value of 21k

Prol SA vs. NSW. Everyone knows that Sydney is the heart of crime in the southern hemisphere lol. :D