SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

yeah chad, i already have the multi vehicle discount (ends up being 3 cars including the trailer :)). Helps for another 10% with the cams licence. They reckon the value of my skyline could easily triple once its done

This has been my only "attempt" at a claim with Just Car. Had a guy back into me, got his number and rego (and yes, i know i should have got more from him). Filed a police report, gave JC the necessary time to obtain the report. When they ran the rego, it had no named driver, yeah, figure that one out? I was under the assumption that all registered cars have a named owner. I gave them his number, a number i had been dialling constantly for days without success, they apparently spoke to him, and he denied all knowledge of this taking place. They then said there is nothing they can do, and offered to fix my front bar, all id have to do is pay my $2500 excess. Yeah right.

do you have your rating 1 protected (if your a rating 1)? as you would no only have to pay the excess but your premiums would go from 65% - 45% NCB rating

cars don't have registered drivers just registered owners, no proof as to who was driving the vehicle

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, just wondering if it is possible to get insurance for a track car that dosent get driven on the road. i know that insurance dosent cover your car on the track, but i want it just incase sum1 wipes trailer out, stolen in driveway ect. the car is not registered atm and dont think it will be for a while. i just dont wana have to pay heaps for insurance for a car that duznt get driven on the roads. any advice on companys who do deals for this, cheers

hey guys, just wondering if it is possible to get insurance for a track car that dosent get driven on the road. i know that insurance dosent cover your car on the track, but i want it just incase sum1 wipes trailer out, stolen in driveway ect. the car is not registered atm and dont think it will be for a while. i just dont wana have to pay heaps for insurance for a car that duznt get driven on the roads. any advice on companys who do deals for this, cheers

Give Shannons a call mate. You can get cover called "laid up" i think they call it, which is cover for cars that are not being driven.

Give Shannons a call mate. You can get cover called "laid up" i think they call it, which is cover for cars that are not being driven.

ok thanks heaps mate, ill give them a ring tomorow. catchya

ok thanks heaps mate, ill give them a ring tomorow. catchya

let us know the details of your quote mate, i dare say theres a few people around SAU who are keen to hear it. :P

just got off the phone to insurance companys:

Shannons: wont cover my car because its not registerd, and i have no licence and im 19 and they dont like insuring younger people ive heard. they also asked if i was part of any car clubs, had my cams licence or was part of any car show places such as autosalon, this might help people who have all of that lol.

Just Cars: wont cover my car on the track because it is too risky they said, and the car is not registered so my insurance atm dosent even cover me which sucks

has any1 else got any ideas about insurance? my car only gets driven onto the trailer, then on back of trailer to mallala. i pay 600 a year for insurance as it is and on top of that rego for a car thats not even on roads. cheers guys

i think ya might hav had some chance if ya had a cams licence and were part of a cams affiliated club. other than that you've not got a lot of options aside from the current situation you're in

i think ya might hav had some chance if ya had a cams licence and were part of a cams affiliated club. other than that you've not got a lot of options aside from the current situation you're in

yeah might just have to re-register it and then insure it, might put it in a full licence drivers name whos over 25 too keep insurance down concidering i dont drive it, they will be

• 3 weeks later...

Have been with LSV for 5 years now, they were called something else b/4, have had no traffic infringments in that time, am over 40 y/o and no claims. Last year my premium was $705.43/ $750 excess/ $18,000 cover. This year my premium will be $847.00/ $1000 excess / $16,000 cover. I reckon that sucks considering I've been the model customer from their point of view, yet I'm being penalised. $847.00 might not be so bad compared with some premiums quoted on this thread, but considering my history, age etc, I would have thought a CPI increase rather than a 20% hike would have been adequate. Will try Shannons for a quote just to see how they rate in comparison.

Have been with LSV for 5 years now, they were called something else b/4, have had no traffic infringments in that time, am over 40 y/o and no claims. Last year my premium was $705.43/ $750 excess/ $18,000 cover. This year my premium will be $847.00/ $1000 excess / $16,000 cover. I reckon that sucks considering I've been the model customer from their point of view, yet I'm being penalised. $847.00 might not be so bad compared with some premiums quoted on this thread, but considering my history, age etc, I would have thought a CPI increase rather than a 20% hike would have been adequate. Will try Shannons for a quote just to see how they rate in comparison.

That sounds like your paying way too much....specially with a record like that....please do let us know what shannons quote you mate

Got round to putting insurance on my car today. Going through Shannons, spoke to them at the Old School N' New Age Car Show.

Driving/Claim History: Clean

Car: 1997 R33 GTST

Mods: FMIC

The car is insured for $16,000, and i am paying $119 per month for Full Comp.

What type of mods can i put on my policy? Turbo, ECU, Injectors, etc etc? Cos i am going to be putting some on shortly.

Got round to putting insurance on my car today. Going through Shannons, spoke to them at the Old School N' New Age Car Show.

Driving/Claim History: Clean

Car: 1997 R33 GTST

Mods: FMIC

The car is insured for $16,000, and i am paying $119 per month for Full Comp.

What type of mods can i put on my policy? Turbo, ECU, Injectors, etc etc? Cos i am going to be putting some on shortly.

You should contact shannons about that particular issue Abe

its my understanding that you should never keep your insurer in the dark about modifications.

That is also very true damien.....as if they dont know and your in a crash then they cannot pay up for your brand new turbo....

• 2 weeks later...

I rang Shannon's again today to add some mods to my car that i hadn't listed, my 17" rims, bilstein shocks and GTR seats...it raised my premium another $70. So i shall be paying about $1490, and apparently with turbo, ecu, and injectors, it will take it to about $1550. I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it.

Edited by Aberax

I rang Shannon's again today to add some mods to my car that i hadn't listed, my 17" rims, bilstein shocks and GTR seats...it raised my premium another $70. So i shall be paying about $1490, and apparently with turbo, ecu, and injectors, it will take it to about $1550. I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it.

Ask yourself that if your car gets stolen and/or written off.

It'll be a heartfelt yes on that occasion

-D