SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

Well I just called up Famous Insurance to get a quote, spoke to a good bloke, however he told me that since my car is twin turbo, I need to wait to be 25 or older till they can insure me. Apparently single turbo is fine however. Is the right guys? Seems like a silly rule to me

perfect reason to convert to a big single.

"honestly officer, my insurance company made me do it..."

Just rang H2P. They will cover my car for $23,000 and quoted $1110 PA

Im paying more then that at just car to cover $14,000

Hmmmm

Renewal comes up in march. Pretty sure im shifting to H2P

would be interesting to see if a fella rang and gave the exact same details i.e. age, driving history, same suburb & storage and car specs, whether the quote would be exactly the same.

I've heard that males that drive imports and are under 25 can sometimes be penalized by some ins companies.......food for thought.

would be interesting to see if a fella rang and gave the exact same details i.e. age, driving history, same suburb & storage and car specs, whether the quote would be exactly the same.

I've heard that males that drive imports and are under 25 can sometimes be penalized by some ins companies.......food for thought.

Correct, i just got a quote from them.

1998 R34 Skyline

exhaust, wheels, cooler, suspension, cd player and ecu listed.

Premium: $2919.01

per month: $243.26

Rating 2 (im rating 3 with just car)

Excess: $2000 (500 basic, 500 <25 turbo, 500 car is an import, 500 for mods)

No agreed Value mentioned.

Yeah girls do get it cheaper a lot of the time. Did at Justcar, cost an extra 500bux if you were a guy. Not to include the age excess... which is bigger then a females also.

H2P do allow monthly repayments and dont charge any extra to do so, no cancelation fees or anything either. I also got a quote for when I upgrade and get a Turbo, its and extra 500bux on excess or something like that.

Basic excess is $1000

Driver under 21 - $750

Driver 21-24 - $500

Driver (me)- $250

Just car have $1000 basic

another $1000 if your at fault and another car is involved

Then driver and age excesses on top of that. Cant remember the exact details but when the renewal papers come through I will do a proper comparison and let ya know.

just keep in mind that with H2P they get to pick and choose what mods they want to pay out if anything happens = not everything is covered.

that certaintly doesnt give me piece of mind so i was glad i changed to shannons

I spoke to the guy at the Shannons stand at SMASA on the weekend.

If you can answer yes to the following questions, you will NOT be insured by them.

Are you under 25?

Is your special vehicle your daily drive?

I was informed that the 26-27-28 year olds who keep drifting and smashing their 180sx's and Silvias are to blame. Shannons wont be insuring kids with daily drive imports in the near future.

isnt ur 34 NA though? thats gonna make a massive difference when talkin to insurers

You would think so, its still classified as a high performance import tho. The difference is under 500 bucks. Pretty gay, ill still use the "cheap insurance" line when I sell it.