SAU Community

Daiken clutches

sweetr33

Ok people, i have been looking round and getting prices for clutches for a while now and the daiken excedy clutch has been mentioned afew times. I am in need of your opinnion. Are they a decent clutch?? I aint putting out any hp figures to jump over the moon about. Just an r33 gtst, when the clutch goes in the boost will be upped to about 12. Its got a pod and an exhaust so thats it, well engine wise thats it. I am loking at front mount and other mods in the future but for now a clutch that has a firm peddle would be nice just like the one thats in there at the moment but it slips so cant keep it in. Any advice would be much appreciated and im on the gold coast also. So any places with good deals would be great

I got a daiken heavy duty organic patrol clutch installed a month ago, and it holds the power very well.

The clutch is not firm to me, it feels lighter than the stock - personally I'm happy with that, but I also got the flywheel lightened, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Good clutch, good price, not sure if the feedback from it will suit you... just my experience.

Ive just put in a Daikin Keavy Duty as well, it feels light too, but so far so good, chirps in 3rd now, only had it in for a couple of weeks though.

a daiken heavy duty and a daiken excedy are two different clutches, i had a daiken heavy duty b4, pretty good, got a daiken excedy now, feels alot better, only had it for 3weeks so far but feels good, a little more, the daiken heavy duty clutch is a standard heavy duty clutch, the daiken excedy is a sports heavy duty clutch, when u compare the two u see the difference, so if your buying a daiken heavy duty clutch, its not a performance, its just a strong standard clutch

I've been using a Daiken Exedy Sports Organic Clutch for around 6mths now.

Think it cost me like $650 installed or something like that. It has no problems holding back 200rwkw. Its the nicest clutch I have ever used (although only ever driven about 4 manuals hehe).

I'd have to double check the price (receipt is at home) but it was done at GavSport (St Marys) ... speak to Kevin and tell him Ben sent you (He did the SAU DBA4000 groupbuy about 5mths ago too).

Edit: I got a Spiggot Bush replaced at the same time too which i think was about $25.

ok thanx for the tip about the difference between heavy duty and excedy. I will definately opt for the excedy clutch and will just put up with the soft feel. I mean aslong as i can start having fun without the clutch spinning im happy. I can get it for 450 on its own. I am gonna fit it myself. Is flywheel lightening a good investment?? I mean i am gonna machine it as u do with a new clutch but what involved in lightening?? Is it just machined a heck of alot more than normal?>? And what are the pro's n cons??

thanx for the feedback so far peoples

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by benm

I've been using a Daiken Exedy Sports Organic Clutch for around 6mths now.

Think it cost me like $650 installed or something like that. It has no problems holding back 200rwkw. Its the nicest clutch I have ever used (although only ever driven about 4 manuals hehe).

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

Ben I need to replace my clutch and Ive heard a few good things about Gavsport. I spoke with Matt, and he said for an Exedy organic kit, it was around 1k. This included maching the flywheel etc etc, though it was abit more than expected. Did you get a kit or just the clutch? I think im already running an organic so perhaps I won't need the kit...?

I got just the clutch + spiggot bush. No work done to the flywheel or anything like but if you have the money get the flywheel done.

My point of contact there is Kevin ([email protected]). Just let him know your from SAU and he should take care of you.

/which reminds me, i need to get my Master Cylinder re-sleeved.

Thanks for the response :)

Ive shot Kev off an email so hopefully should get some feedback shortly.

How have you found the clutch? any problems? Have you found when say idling for 15 minutes, the clutch would slip until u started to run properly? I had that problem just after I had mine installed though it wore off after a while...I think it was just part of the shit job from the ppl that installed but never know...

Thanks again Ben