Direct Clutch Service

4 Bimbil St

Albion

QLD, 4010

Australia

Ph: (07) 3862 2680

Fax: (07) 3262 9250

Mobile: 0412 032 829

These guys can supply any custom clutch combination. Just say what you want and they can build it. I had a co-worker fit a custom heavy duty organic Exedy/Daiken clutch using OE Nissan hardware on his 180SX with great success. Slightly more bite on take off, with same pedal feel. Try these guys. If they can supply a clutch for the famous twin turbo V8 JUDGE ute and Gicattolo (spelling?) then they sure know what they are doing. Cheap too.

They are also regulars at the Jamboree and other meets at Willowbank.

man i'am glad i found this thread.

On the way to the velocity autosports cruise today my clutch started slipping in 3rd and on the way home back to newcastle it slipped in 3rd,4th and 5th

and thanks to all you guys i now know what clutch to get.

note: the car only has 68,000kms on it and i have only had it for say 4 weeks.. is this odd?

Ive had the daiken organic sports clutch kit put in, and wanted to ask a few questions as i cant remember from my last clutch.

Ive only done 200km with it so far, and its started to raise a little from the original postion, personally i don't like this, but i take it this is normal?

Havn't done anything 'bad' with the clutch yet, though ive reved it out in a few gears (not from 1st), this doesn't pose any harm?

Whats the expected bed in process for an organic clutch? They're ment to be much faster than a brass etc?

It seems as though you guys know enough about clutches so, do any of you know if the R34 clutch is the same [or compatible with] the R33 one?

I am looking to buy the daikin / exedy sports organic clutch but so far I am having a hard time finding out if they make them for my car - in short, they dont in Oz at least - I have been talking to Daikin Oz all week...the only thing they can offer me off the shelf [which they think will fit] is called a Premium Duty clutch and will cost $800 just for the parts!!!

Now if 33 and 34 are the same then I will just get what you guys have got! I'm talking about GTT / GTST here, AFAIK 33 & 34 GTR are interchangable but not from gtr to gtst etc...

Sorry to hi-jack the thread - and if you guys dont know, I will start my own one ;)

Thanks guys.

Brody it took me about 1000km before the clutch felt good. For the first 3-4 days if I released the clutch quickly on down-shifts i'd nearly put my head through the window ;)

My friction point is quite low to the floor, if I get lazy at the lights I start to creep forward :D

Nah i took it fairly easy for the first 2-3wks, I never do burnouts or drop the clutch either which would preserve it quite abit.

You may just need to leave it be for 2wks and let it bed in and if your still not happy with the clutch position take it back and get them to adjust it.

Just some info on Daiken clutches that may be of interest to some. A friend of mine builds performance engines for early model datsuns and has been buying heavy duty clutches to suit through Nissan (he gets a very good deal as a volume buyer and he gets excellent warranty service....as you'll see).

Recently some customers have been coming back to him complaining the clutches have begun to slip after only a very few k's and abuse is definately not an issue. Investigation showed that the clutches had been manufactured by Daiken and measurements showed that the clamping pressure was well below the manufacturers claims. Daiken initially denied the problem, but after some months of pressure, inc from Nissan, they admitted the fault and replaced all the clutches free of charge (as they should, of course).

Now I'm not saying all Daiken clutches are like this - far from it - but its interesting to me to read some of the problems people have here. We now use the PBR version of this clutch with no problems...oh, and the trade price at Bursons for the heavy duty Patrol PN R173N clutch kit is $160 :(

[Note: I won't go into any further details on this - the matter has been sorted, that's it.

Mods: if I've over-stepped any boundaries here in terms of naming a company please modify post as you see fit]

I think the sports version is what i have in mine, I was told by the previous owner it was an Excedy clutch..

To be honest, that wouldn't surprise me.. I think mine has done less than 20,000km and while it doesn't slip *yet*, i have a feeling if i wound up the power, and give it a few more km, and it well could. At the moment its feeling fairly "floppy" or loose and not instilling confidence that its going to last many tens of thousands of km more. When i first got the car it was a lot stiffer, now it seems a lot less so. I don't think my driving style is /that/ bad.. I don't regularly drag it (of course do drive hard occasionally), but i do drive it nearly every day.

I can't say that it won't last another 50,000km, as i haven't shagged enough clutches to tell :( but going from the feel of when i got my car (when it should be fairly worn in), to how it feels now, it may not be a long lasting clutch.

btw: i have around 180rwkw