SAU Community

r33 diff fluid

Mick

Hey i have done a seaarc but couldnt find what diff fluid i should use in my r33 gtst auto..

I have seen brands mentioned but nothing that has the viscous ratings .. eg 90-140 ...

can anyone tell m which fluid to buy..

I changed my diff oil using Castrol Synthetic LSD oil (got mine at supercheap) you need 2 litres (takes about 1.6) at $30 odd per litre.

Diff is quiter and car slides more predictably well worth the effort. Fill and drain Plugs came out OK, you will need a oil gun to pump in fluid.

duncan, iv'e the old unlimited diff problem as well, actually should make it an unpredictable unlimited 'ish' slip diff :D

what kind of info have you got on diff replacements? only thing ive seen was the upgraded one from UAS, but at $1200 exchange it looks a little too expensive at this point in time!!

I've found myself a second hard, v tight diff for $500.

Unfortunately its from a non-abs car, apparently they just unbolt the centre and wack it into my car.

If you don't mind a tight diff, call importers and wreckers, and ask them if they have a diff that a customer hated and made them change back to stock :D

true, good point!! will look into it when i get some dosh, will make a bit of difference on the track, way to much spin out of the corner!!

would there be a difference in the abs and non abs diff's?? mines non abs, do you know what kind of difference that would make on the track, mostly is if you actually locked up, or do they brake better in general?

The difference between ABS and non ABS equipped cars is the sensors on the housing for the rear driveshafts (I assume Skylines have 4 channel ABS?) that measures wheel speed, or lack of in the case of it being locked.

So if you dont have ABS then no point getting an ABS diff as it wont equip your car with ABS without all its sundry items.

My diff is noisy as hell, oil gets changed regularly with Mobil, but makes no difference to noise.

Any oils out there that are renowned for shutting things up?