SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

looks like a pretty neat RB20 install.....good stuff......where's that nasty rust situated????

I gotta say boj01, thats the first non-crossflow, sohc rb20 ive ever seen :D

I see and R32 with a factory rb20det and a hr30 with a factory l20et :headspin:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey tigeryas, im in perth too with DR30 fj turbo. mines 2 door but. what colour is yours?

mines ****ed atm tho, wiring has gone all to shit, no power to fuel pump but i can fix that with a ground to the chassis near the pump, but now all my instruments have stopped working except the speedo, and my indicators dont work (tho the hazards do). mate was trying power from pump positive to relay to see which clicked and stuff, maybe burnt something else out now thats made all these new problems. so my dash is in peices and the car doesnt go atm :(

gona have to bus to exams it looks like :(

damn ant thats tough to hear... sounds like a lotta hassle...

mine's a silver one, posted a few pics on that member gallery thing...

yeah exam's a bitch... got one saturday then the friday after that... for feks sake...

went on a cruise with some of the r31 boys yesterday (brilliant day) another story that, we ended up at the sunshine coast, two hours highway driving from home, we got seperated so 4 of us ended up at maccas car park and would you believe it that black 2door that i sore at the gold coast pulled into the car park!! get this its a hr30 2door but it runs (get this) a twin turbo fj20, i've got pics but no credit on my phone to get them, full nisno set up, springs, shocks and LSD centre. he said it was a nissan workshop car for a while hence the set up.

get this its a hr20 2door but it runs (get this) a twin turbo fj20, i've got pics but no credit on my phone to get them, full nisno set up, springs, shocks and LSD centre. he said it was a nissan workshop car for a while hence the set up.

Bloody oath twin turbo on a 4cyl fj20, my GOD, will need pics!!!!!!! please :wassup:

went on a cruise with some of the r31 boys yesterday (brilliant day) another story that, we ended up at the sunshine coast, two hours highway driving from home, we got seperated so 4 of us ended up at maccas car park and would you believe it that black 2door that i sore at the gold coast pulled into the car park!! get this its a hr20 2door but it runs (get this) a twin turbo fj20, i've got pics but no credit on my phone to get them, full nisno set up, springs, shocks and LSD centre. he said it was a nissan workshop car for a while hence the set up.

WWooOOOoO yeh, gotta see some pics of this. Did he say what turbos they were by any chance?

they looked about the size as the turbo on my rb20! set up was one on top of each other, has anyone seen the latest HPI DVD with the sr20 twin turbo s13, like that set up. the sh%t part is the pics are thumbnail size (stupid phone keeps going to the small resi pics).

tigeryas - haha i knew it would be you. you go to UWA yeh? ive seen ur car a few times. i go there also, mines the red&black 2 door, i usually park in the carpark across from where u you usually park along the road edge. interesting yours is turbo, it has the non turbo front bumper like mine. (no intake on the intake side for air). was curious if ur car was turbo or not actually.

id recommend get yourself a full exhaust system, 3" from the turbo back. no catalytic converter either, you dont need one pre-1986. u should get a full mild steel system for around 1000$ with a nice shiny stainless steel muffler at the end ! haha

does yours have an intercooler? if not, then that would be next on the list. unfortunately my electrics have died now and im going to have to fix them, otehrwise i was planning on putting my new bigger front mount intercooler in in a couple of weeks, and i could have sold you my old one for cheap. its a smallish one, but its a genuine Trust front mount kit made for non-intercooled FJ turbos. if your still after a cheap cooler in a couple of months or so let me know and ill sell u the whole thing ready to bolt straight on. it works really well for a small cooler, i just want a real big one for future =)

neway, back to study :( 1st exam thursday :P

also, i got a pair of 2nd hand 17" Rays 3 peice mesh rims on the weekend for 200ea, one of them is buckled on the back tho, needs repairing for ~$100, but im pretty happy with them for $150ea. got some 2nd hand like new (still got knobbley things on the sides!) Bridgestone Potenza 215/45/17 tyres for $280 fitted and balanced too from 2nd hand tyre store!

but my question is what offset 17's do i need for the front? im going to get anotehr pair for the front, go the mismatched wheel look :) but yeah i dont know what offset i need? the Rays are +35 offset, and fit fine on the back, theyre from an S13. however i know the offset is more vital on the front for turning obviously.

my current Watanabe's are 15s with 205/60/15 tyres, and on full lock the inside tyre walls actually scrub on my steering arms and make a horrible sound as it is! so im a bit worried about offsets and things with 17s being so much larger. want to make sure they dont rub any more.

i know rims offsets have been covered previously in the thread but its such a long thread to go back through for info these days! haha

cheers for replies!

yas - yeah a Pod filter is cheap and easy to put on there, just grab a cheapy one you can get em from Repco for like $20! you'll probably need an adaptor thing too, which is like 70$ or so i think? but you'd need to look at your car when u take out the stock air box.

but since your car is like mine with no hole in the front bumper for air to go through, it mite get hot air into the pod anyway. but mine has a pod filter and goes okay so yeah a pod is a cheap upgrade if u want to do that.

what year is your car? mines 83 i dont think they had intercooled FJs til a bit later on. if yours has no intercooler, there'll be a black pipe coming up from your turbo on the bottom right of the engine as u look into the engine bay, and itll come up and go across the front of the engine and into your intake manifold on the left.

if yours isnt intercooler which id say it probably isnt, a cooler wil make a big difference even if its just my old one if i sell it to you in a while.

lol yeah man your exhaust is shockingly small. full exhaust and pod filter, and FJ20 sound awesome!!

yeah man mine's an 83 as well hey.

dunno about the full exhaust thing though, can't i just make the tip bigger? as much as i can see from behind is about good 'nuff for me... That pod-filter sounds like an idea though hey, will get all this into action once exams are done and I come back from camp, which'll be July 2nd at the earliest.

man if I only knew more about my car... but then again, thats why i'm here for... :)

yas - haha yeh man u can get just a muffler for a few hundred or so and get that put on. will be a bit louder and look better. if you want more performance you get a full exhaust tho. thatl give u more power and torque.

Crimmo - wat do you mean this issue? i only seen that R30map site once before and didnt understand all the japanese so i sorta gave up on it! do you mean that media player thing on the left ? it seemed to take forever to load for me last time so i stopped it. i only have 28.8k connection! haha oh well ill try and let it load and stuff now see how it goes...

']yas - haha yeh man u can get just a muffler for a few hundred or so and get that put on. will be a bit louder and look better. if you want more performance you get a full exhaust tho. thatl give u more power and torque.

Crimmo - wat do you mean this issue? i only seen that R30map site once before and didnt understand all the japanese so i sorta gave up on it! do you mean that media player thing on the left ? it seemed to take forever to load for me last time so i stopped it. i only have 28.8k connection! haha oh well ill try and let it load and stuff now see how it goes...

hehe, nah, each issue they update the news, and the front (map) page, this issue its my car on the front page!! :rant:

i couldnt even read it cos i cant read jap very well... i'll sit down and take a good look at it once exams are over...

yeah i'll prolly do that muffler thing for now, might upgrade that later...

man car electrics are enough to drive you crazy hey .. my mate does it as a profession, well hes final year apprentice, duno how he does it every day :)

me and my old man stripped my whole dash apart, as in glovebox out, stereo, tt, EBC etc facia removed all that stuff out, steering wheel and etc removed all that taken out, and instrument panel out, oh and bottom panels out! also had to d/c boost gauge off steering column plastic!

then we ended up looking in the fuse box again. after several hours trying to work out which relays are which, after a long time we arrived at 2 left that ddint seem to do much so we swapped them over and walah! when my mate had been testing my relays on the weekend to find the Fuel Pump problem which was the original problem, he'd accidentally replaced 2 identical relays, but 1 of them happened to have been blown since i got the car (hence fuel warning light,radiotor warning lite etc didnt work but i never knew!) and he'd put it into the other spot, which meant that all my guages except speedo, and my indicators and other warning lights that used to work, werent working!!

so yeah we put the good relay back an im gonna get a new relay for my other warning lights asap!! but after all that i went inside for a drink then back out and before putting it all back together thought id test it one more time ... and the fuel pump wouldnt prime again!! which was the original problem we fixed by making a new ground wire to chassis... after more deliberating we have arrived at the battery being ****ed aswell!

shit .. hopefully a new battery and relay tomorow and im back in action! gota get me an Odyssey in preparation for my cooler install ...

damn electrics :( !