[15th May] Performance, Street & Race Motorshow Burswood

Stealthed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw you guys there, spoke with a couple of yas as well, good to meet yas!

The show wasnt too bad, its a shame that we didnt get more of the best performance cars we have in WA but you get that, there was a heap of Commodores at this show, and typical of Fords not showing there stuff, i own a ford and know first hand how hard it is to get them to even go on a cruise, and there was a lack of buisness support and trade stands i thought they would be all over it, they must all be making too much money to bother advertising at a show!

The ute club won best club display and some individual awards so we were stoked, did yas manage to get round and have a look at it?

i was hoping to see more Skylines there to have a look at some performance gear for mine but the ones there had their bonnets closed all day Saturday so didnt get to see anything really, shame, there were some nice examples.

ill catch yas out on a cruise sometime soon,

Gonz.

i dont know how the show could have been called street and race as more then half the cars there were brought in on trailers and stuff. it was not a show for performance but for old men to show they have collector cars that see the outside world once a year

i dont know how the show could have been called street and race as more then half the cars there were brought in on trailers and stuff. it was not a show for performance but for old men to show they have collector cars that see the outside world once a year

Due to attention towards modified cars by local police do you blame them for trailing cars too n from the show ???

34s n commodores were evn numbers :P

Due to attention towards modified cars by local police do you blame them for trailing cars too n from the show ???

34s n commodores were evn numbers >_<

there were 6 34s there i think there were more holdens and fords then that... and u can get permits to drive cars to and from shows so that ure car is not yellowed for not being street legal... they just never actually drive those cars, it was called street and race i doubt half the cars there actually touch bitumen. if you had a look at thre wheels u would agree... believe me being there 4 3days i was looking at the cars closely most are just show cars nothing street n race bout them

if you had a look at thre wheels u would agree... believe me being there 4 3days i was looking at the cars closely most are just show cars nothing street n race bout them

No i wouldnt agree as if they were like me they use different wheels for static displays ( i use so easy on the tread for the new clean tyre look ) I seen plenty of cars that have had seen track time or were just about ready tooo ..

What car was yours in the display ???

This bunky below is alll show >_<

PSR017.jpg

all of our utes in our display are daily driven cars except one that is still unregistered but enters into burnout comps, ill agree that there was a huge amount of Commodores, but we all got the same invite and chance to enter and if there is one thing ive come to find about Ford owners is that they suck at being sociable, there were a couple of race cars that actualy race and some exotic cars that get driven, the Lambo came in on a set of wheels showing wear but was then fitted with a set of wheels from Tech9Tyres for the show, other cars showing up on trucks and trailers were collectables, they are an investment for some people we should be happy that they show up to shows at all considering their value.

my gripe of the show is more about the fact that more than half the cars there were un-maned and closed up whilst people payed good money to have a look at them and all they got to see was what they would see when its parked in a car park. On saturday when i was there, i never saw once any of the skylines parked across the back with the doors or windows or at the very least a bonnet open to show, i kept walking past but nothing, i was very keen to look at and talk about the mods i can do to my new daily R33 but got nothing really, spoke with a couple of guys there but that was it, the Silvias up from them had a members tent and everything yet their cars had bonets down and the only reason a window was open was because the drift race cars had them down!!

so how can it be called a show when some cars were just there for the secure parking for the weekend!

Gonz.

Edited by R33Gonz

^^ from what i've heard on top being alot of hot cars, there were alot of shitters there, not many awesome to the max 5k s13's with their ca18's will have their engine bays on display..

Edited by Char

my gripe of the show is more about the fact that more than half the cars there were un-maned and closed up whilst people payed good money to have a look at them and all they got to see was what they would see when its parked in a car park. On saturday when i was there, i never saw once any of the skylines parked across the back with the doors or windows or at the very least a bonnet open to show, i kept walking past but nothing, i was very keen to look at and talk about the mods i can do to my new daily R33 but got nothing really, spoke with a couple of guys there but that was it, the Silvias up from them had a members tent and everything yet their cars had bonets down and the only reason a window was open was because the drift race cars had them down!!

so how can it be called a show when some cars were just there for the secure parking for the weekend!

Gonz.

My car was open and we turned around to find some guy sitting in it touching gauges n performance box , WA perf had some clown open the door in sit in the VE GTS :P so can you blame people for keeping shit closed ??

I was with my car most of the time and had some people asks questions ..

No i wouldnt agree as if they were like me they use different wheels for static displays ( i use so easy on the tread for the new clean tyre look ) I seen plenty of cars that have had seen track time or were just about ready tooo ..

What car was yours in the display ???

This bunky below is alll show :D

PSR017.jpg

you only bought those brakes so it looked good whilst it spent its life in shows, didn't you bart?

why else would you put project mu's on a pintara...

We had some guys go through and try and open everyones doors. Even had one guy leaning on my car while he watched the RC Drift cars, I was so f**king pissed. Set the alarm off and he moved along :D

Gonz, our cars werent the best under the bonnet. All but mine (Silver R33 with white wheels) and Sam's car (SLYDR) had standard turbo, but mine is only highflowed and Sams engine has leaks everywhere. Basically, they arent that special beneith the bonnet unlike all the AntiLag cars. This way, we leave everyone is suspense.

You should have asked us to pop the bonnets for you. I'd be more then happy to show it off every now and then. Btw, I was the guy explaining about the coilpacks and sparkplugs.

you only bought those brakes so it looked good whilst it spent its life in shows, didn't you bart?

why else would you put project mu's on a pintara...

Yes it was best 4k i ever spent :D

they arent that special beneith the bonnet unlike all the AntiLag cars.

Mine normally looks like this :(

31012009002.jpg

My car was open and we turned around to find some guy sitting in it touching gauges n performance box , WA perf had some clown open the door in sit in the VE GTS :D so can you blame people for keeping shit closed ??

I was with my car most of the time and had some people asks questions ..

yeh i did have a look at your beast, and the other cars next to yours, was a good display!!!

i didnt hear of any type of issues like people getting into cars, but yeh, that would piss me off too i spose, we always had atleast one person stay with the utes at all times to answer any questions and keep an eye out.

We had some guys go through and try and open everyones doors. Even had one guy leaning on my car while he watched the RC Drift cars, I was so f**king pissed. Set the alarm off and he moved along :(

Gonz, our cars werent the best under the bonnet. All but mine (Silver R33 with white wheels) and Sam's car (SLYDR) had standard turbo, but mine is only highflowed and Sams engine has leaks everywhere. Basically, they arent that special beneith the bonnet unlike all the AntiLag cars. This way, we leave everyone is suspense.

You should have asked us to pop the bonnets for you. I'd be more then happy to show it off every now and then. Btw, I was the guy explaining about the coilpacks and sparkplugs.

gday mate, yeh even a stock engine bay can look great with abit of elbow grease and silicon spray, your cars looked great so an open bonnet would have toped it off nicely, it still leaves the imagination run wild to the on lookers!!

Gonz.