SAU Community

Rb26dett Conversion Into R34gtt

fab34

ok this has been a long 5 month but its nearly dun its on its way to adelaide to boost worx for wirering and tuning mods r i thinck there a few more thing cant remeber so wat power could it be able to put out and how much can a stock box take

post-43842-1235659659_thumb.jpgpost-43842-1235659963_thumb.jpgpost-22250-1124707175.jpg

custom 3&half inch zaust

exedy 3puk clutch

tomie oil baffel

nismo group a turbos bathurst days

jjr oil catch can

cams

adjustible cam gears

gates racing timing belt kit

alc race bearing bigend and conrod

tomie pistons

jun rods

arp bolts

balanced r33 crank

sard 700cc injectors

sard fuel regulater

meatal head gasket

power fc de jetro & hand controller

greedy pro spec 2 boost controller

tomie fuel rail

clear timing cover

k&n pods

100mm thick front mount

splitfire coil packs

post-43842-1235660182_thumb.jpg

Edited by fab34

is yours a RWD or 4WD GTT ?

any traction issues? lol

you running the standard GTR turbos or are they N1s.

gearbox should hold around 280-300rwkw considering its in good health.

got a rough ballpark figure of this conversion from start to finish?

this is something i wanna achieve sometime.

is yours a RWD or 4WD GTT ?

any traction issues? lol

you running the standard GTR turbos or are they N1s.

gearbox should hold around 280-300rwkw considering its in good health.

got a rough ballpark figure of this conversion from start to finish?

this is something i wanna achieve sometime.

firstly you would be pretty dumb to put in a second hand engine...

for reliability you want to freshen up the engine, decent rebuild cost u 10k...

for a properly converted car you could get away with it for 25k thats probably wiv a freshen up, excluding buying a gtr engine

its expensive, believe me

We did a rb26 conversion nearly a year ago into a r34 gts4 so he could retain the 4wd, he supplied the engine and most other parts, in total his bill was approx 7k, wiring was prob the hardest part our wiring guru had his hands full but fired first turn key. really nice car to drive now its had most things in a hks cataloge thrown into it.

yea buy the time im finished with the wiring and tuning just over 20k so im looking 4 330rwkw 4 now till i get better gearbox

and yes there just standard turbos if thats wat they used in the godzillas in bathurst

I did all my own work my conversion was on a stagea, did not rebuild the 26 as it didnt need a rebuild have twin hks low mounts and dumps and front pipe pfc 100mm cooler 600cc injectors good street setup nice driver with twin plate clutch all up cost was 9.5k including buying the motor and box

We did a rb26 conversion nearly a year ago into a r34 gts4 so he could retain the 4wd, he supplied the engine and most other parts, in total his bill was approx 7k, wiring was prob the hardest part our wiring guru had his hands full but fired first turn key. really nice car to drive now its had most things in a hks cataloge thrown into it.
what are the main wiring issues... im building one for my GTST

Thanks l'co. The engine we did this conversion on was from an r33 GTR. The main wiring issues were in combining the two looms. I try to do things pretty spot on and if it don't look like it should be there it ain't goin into 1 of our customers' cars. You've all seen those conversions with plugs that aren't connected hanging around and such. There are alot of inputs to an r34 ecu that just aren't there on an r33 gtr ecu. The only real issue was to swap things like the abs motor wiring and a couple of other things that escape my mind this instant and integrate them in the 33 loom. Admittedly, in the process the r34 loom was sacrificed for the better good. Anyway other than that, there's the obvious inclusion of the gtr injector resistor pack, a few alternative wiring modifications for the fuel pump relay (the gtr utilises a fuel pump control module) wire it up to power and hey presto! Basically if you have a decent amount of experience in reading wiring diagrams and fair soldering skills, you could probably do this job (given the time) as well. Just remember MINUS goes to red and PLUS goes to black, right? TIC. BTW All the wiring diagrams and all the info you need are/is on this forum.

yea mines rwd so im gona hav issues with grip a i still got stock rims and only 235s on her and bad camber

so itll kinda be like my mates rb20det s13 . doesnt even throw you back in the seat before its spinning . what a waste

solid center clutch or sprung ?

solid center mate and yes its goin to be a bit of a waste 4 now but every thing takes time and wheels and tyers and gear box r the next thing on the list

Edited by fab34

firstly you would be pretty dumb to put in a second hand engine...

for reliability you want to freshen up the engine, decent rebuild cost u 10k...

for a properly converted car you could get away with it for 25k thats probably wiv a freshen up, excluding buying a gtr engine

its expensive, believe me

its not dumb if its a R34 GTR or Vspec motor.

good job mate, stock rims = lots of smoke & tyre frying lol