SAU Community

Another Stolen Skyline

MANG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skylines definately targets at the moment. Local drug feind/s or interstaters you reckon?

Hope with the prints and descriptions given in the JD R33 post these low life get caught real soon.

Just out of curiosity... Why the hell would anyone park an import Skyline in the CIT Reid car park??? - We all know that is a haven for car theives.

When my 32 was on the road, I NEVER parked it in any car park where I didnt think it was relatively safe. Dont people realise that these cars are bait for theives?? :)

Im not approving of the theft, I just think that a bit more forthought into where and when to park your Skyline could save a sh_tload of greif later.

Just out of curiosity... Why the hell would anyone park an import Skyline in the CIT Reid car park??? - We all know that is a haven for car theives.

When my 32 was on the road, I NEVER parked it in any car park where I didnt think it was relatively safe. Dont people realise that these cars are bait for theives?? :P

Im not approving of the theft, I just think that a bit more forthought into where and when to park your Skyline could save a sh_tload of greif later.

I dunno Mick, maybe it's their only form of transport so they have no choice but to drive it to work. And if they work in the City, I can't think of too many open public car parks that I would consider safe. I guess there's always the multi-story car parks where you need a ticket to get in and out, and they supposedly have CCTV and security patrols, but i've heard of quite a few cars getting knocked off from those as well.

I have to park there it's my only car but hopefully get my daily tomorrow. Otherwise the wheels on my new form of transport will go round and round, round and round... LOL I'm sure you get the point.

its getting really bad now, my mate had his skyline stolen yesterday aswell from the tuggeranong staff car park...they are a definate target.

it was a 1997 R33 Gts-t (silver) if you guys here anything it would be much appreciated.

I understand that people may have only one car to drive, but when you add it up ---- If that car gets stolen then they have 0 cars to drive (unless they borrow) and a huge amount of heartache and drama trying to get the car back or insurance to pay out... Not to mention the inconvienience...

If I had to commute to CIT in Reid every day, I would either buy a $1,000 sh_tbox that no one would want to steal or take public transport.

In short - Dont give theives the chance to steal your pride and joy, leave it at home if you have to. :P

(PS, Im not totally heartless, I feel deep sympathy for anyone who has been through this situation).

its getting really bad now, my mate had his skyline stolen yesterday aswell from the tuggeranong staff car park...they are a definate target.

it was a 1997 R33 Gts-t (silver) if you guys here anything it would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately I saw this car on the side of the road after what it looked like impacting the gutter sideways on my way home yesterday. I hope they catch the f**kers involved!

I guess japanese imports are seen as a relatively easy target these days. It's common knowledge that most won't have any sort of factory fitted immobiliser, and that there is a reasonable chance the owners may not have fitted aftermarket security. The parts are also easy to offload, just look how quickly things are snapped up on the For Sale forums here, and the prices people are willing to pay. Not to mention the money some people spend on accessories like head units etc.

Compare that to more modern Oz delivered cars that have been required to have immobilisers fitted as standard since 2001.

I'd be interested to know what sort of security systems the latest round of stolen Skylines had fitted, if any.

Read an interesting statistic recently - apparently around 70% of car thefts these days are done using the vehicles keys, usually after a burglary or other means. I guess that indicates how difficult modern factory immobilisers are for the average basic car thief to bypass.

I think Matt's had an alarm and immobiliser in it too???

Even still felt very uneasy about leaving mine parked out on the street cause I'm on training in a different place this week.

Hopefully picking up my new daily tomorrow.

This whole import stealing frenzy is getting out of control in Canberra we need to start a vigilante :D think about it car thieves have gotten a taste for imports, the sad fact is that car thieves are on forums searching what you have posted about you car!!!!!!