SAU Community

Cruise Control

910trx

I had one done 2 years ago...... runs fine.

Cost was $630...

I am happy with it............. Runs pretty well.

I also have a Maxima of the same year. They come std with cruise.

I would think that maybe this could be modded to fit the Stag.

The control buttons are better. They steering wheel is the same.

I have posted pics of mine before..

• 2 weeks later...
ever thought of pulling one out of another nissan at the local wreckers?

I've got a complete system from a 97 or 98 maxima that i acquired for $50 that im planning to wire in soon.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the trouble with the factory ones is they are not programmable, or can they be ? ie they are programmed for a particular vehicle.

When i moved my C.C. from my Skyline to my Stagea, I had to completely change the setup, ie initial pull, throttle reaction etc as they can over/under-run and your speed can change dramatically, which is also the case when major mods are made. There is a lot of road testing involved in setting a C.C. just right for a particular vehicle, so unless the factory ones can be programmed I can't see how they can be fitted to another model and still operate precisely.

• 3 weeks later...

just one more thing guys...

can anyone direct me to the location of the vehicle speed sensor (vss) for a s2 stagea!

searches have proved to be inaffective so direction to the right page - a wiring diagram - rough location or pics would be fantastic

thing is i need it by tonight - just helping out the auto lec by giving verything and anything he may/will need to make his job easier.

cheers

i had only just found it

i was in a panic about this and a more thorough search revealed it

yep one of those post now think later noobs... :nyaanyaa:

and have a look for a post from a couple of years ago - as we talked about this a lot and I posted the pics etc of my one when I put it into the rs4s. It's a rostra global cruise control (from memory) and works great. Links up to the speedo wire from the ecu, and the brake and clutch.

Ian

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

sorry for bumping this up but how did stagea_neo go with hooking up the maxima one?

sounds ideal to use if the steering wheel is similar

just looking for a simple and cheap option that will hold the speed on flatish ground

Hi Tom,

After Simon (Chook) gave feedback, ive left it sitting in the parts box :)

Never further investigated, but since come across the manual for the Stag so may take another look and compare to the maxima wiring diagram.

Looked quite simple to hook up.

Might go get the control unit of the garage an pop the case off it see if there are any trimpots for calibration.

Pete

nup no trimpots :)

not sure what the nec k659 component on the board does but maybe that's where a trimpot could be placed to calibrate.

(only guessing im not an electronic eng.)

Hi Tom,

After Simon (Chook) gave feedback, ive left it sitting in the parts box :)

Never further investigated, but since come across the manual for the Stag so may take another look and compare to the maxima wiring diagram.

Looked quite simple to hook up.

Might go get the control unit of the garage an pop the case off it see if there are any trimpots for calibration.

Pete

post-38314-1280321317_thumb.jpg

Bugger. Certainly nothing adjustable there. The K659 looks like a FET that has its heat sink anchored to the board with a screw, so certainly not an adjustment. I guess you'd just have to install it and see what happens.

Many years ago I sourced a unit from a Commodore. I figured out the wiring and the speed input and had it working on the bench top just fine. I was gonna install it on my GTI-R. The hard part was making up something to mount at the throttle. Hence, never got around to it. Dunno how well it would have worked. Totally different engine reponses.

Cruise control kits seem way too expensive for what they are. I really need on in the Stag. My misses just got a MIni and even it has cruise control!

• 2 years later...

maxima hardware with a matching length vac servo. Scott bailey and myself were discussing this last night. I think my servo came out of a bluebird. there is an option plug with speed and brake in the kickpanel of the C34s

maxima hardware with a matching length vac servo. Scott bailey and myself were discussing this last night. I think my servo came out of a bluebird. there is an option plug with speed and brake in the kickpanel of the C34s

Any specific model of maxima Chris??