SAU Community

Today Is The Day. Winfield Gtr Vs R35 Gtr And Skaife

Bozman1

Gibson R31 and Gibson R32 on track with no other traffic (well, there was an R35 somewhere in the mix) to muffle their sounds.

What a fantastic day of spectating.

Once again Boz, thanks for starting the thread, much appreciated :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this Dave Nolan??

18's is fast for a standard full weight road car . I would like to see what your standard civic does haha

The GTR did a 2min24 around Bathurst in standard trim. It could actually stretch its legs up there. The fastest IPRA is a 2min28 LOL

Probably shouldnt say incase Boz or anyone else gets in trouble :P

Come on Steve. John says it's cool. Give us pics. pwwwease. :(

a guy i work with was telling me about this on tuesday.

his name is Brett, do you remember talking to him also John ? he said his brother owns the r32 , i just dont know his surename, so it could be Ashwood for all i know, i'll double check tomorrow at work

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know who won in lap times the winfield gtr or the R35 GTR, I cant beleive no one has asked this? ANd what the hell does 18,s mean or 17s mean. Cant a simple best lap time for the winfield gtr and a simple lap time for the r35 gtr be posted up?

Well doing some research On the bathurst track i seen that 2:12min was the record for a R32 GTR back in 91/92 I think i saw tat a stock R35 did it in 2.25min.

records for v8s are:

The lap record for the race is the 2:08.4651 recorded by Jamie Whincup in his Ford BF Falcon in 2007,[1] not to be confused with the fastest lap ever recorded, a 2:06.8012 set during practice in 2010 by Holden driver Craig Lowndes.[2]

But i wonder with all the new technology now modding an r32 GTR would even challenge todays v8 Supercars.. AMAZING

Edited by GTRAAH