SAU Community

My Skyline Is Finally Back

Hey guys,

Just thought id share my happiness of my car finally being back on the road :)

Basically almost 2 years ago my my forged engine unexpectedly blew up most likely due to a Bee R Rev Limiter I had installed. Since then the car was at Created Motorsports getting a forged rebuild done with a change of turbo - HKS 25-40 and a few additions including an alluminium radiator, engine oil cooler & splitfire coilpacks. The car has now been run in and made a strong/responsive 262kws at the wheels which is loads of fun for a street/track drift car.

Since the car was off the road for over a year i got a little excited and thought id bring it back with a bang. So i got rid of the black & painted it Ferarri red as ive never seen a red r33 before & thought it would go much better with the black works :). The paint job was done by Kila Body Works who did a fantastic job.

Anyway i wont continue draining your lives, hope you like the pics.

comp1.jpg

comp5-3.jpg

comp2-2.jpg

comp3.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

3321732075_978d26b8b8.jpg

Edited by Dean_HR31

Thanks guys.

Yeah its awesome havin it back. I had little fun bangers for the time being while the car was off the road to keep me occupied but wasnt the same. Was the main reason why i took the car to the sandown drift practise day... so i could get the feel of the car again. I got a little too used to the R31's & VN's while it was gone lol.

As for the wing, yes thats a definate! & a nice pair of red or black recaro's would be awesome.

What do you guys think about a carbon fibre rear stealth wing on my car like hamish's? Im trying to decide whether to go for the carbon fibre one to suit the bonnet or just get a fibre glass one & colour code it to the car... Think ill do some photoshop work to decide.... :P

Very nice, love the styling and the wheel choice is hot. Not too sure of the Maxima (!?) Nissan badge in the front though....

Very similar style to a mate of mine's old R33:

Heres a couple more decent shots...

Oh and the bonnet isnt carbon fibre... im waiting to find the right one. Thats why i didnt bother painting it and left it black for the time being.

3322555128_85279afb0c.jpg

3322562548_82eee571d5.jpg

Edited by Dean_HR31

very nice hopefully i'll be able to afford similar rims as well! i love meisters!

ever thought about doing carbon fibre boot with the drift lip ?

saw a white evo 6 the other night with black boot and wing blade looked good.

and if it's ok could i get the specs of the rims i.e. width and offset?

Edited by TaKz