SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Great result. more responsive then mine, even thou I had VCT enabled. Its do 190rwkws @4000 RPMS. That would be a great to drive. Have him compared it with other turbos on his particular dyno? if so whats would that be close to on a similar setup?

Nah didn't get time to compare as took all day to tune

Coils kept breaking down on high boost and was running rich at start maybe due to fuel pump upgrade or injector clean but I'm very happy how it drives

Once I get the spark fixed

I will heading to the drags to test it

Hoping for 11s and 125mph

Some updates. This is the ATR28G2 on my SR20det S14, VCT enabled on pump 98 fuel.

atr28g2fronts.jpg

Final result of 267rwkws peek 24psi. Since some readings might be depending on dyno. I will run them against a close match of more popular models for end user's power prediction.

Running against a GT2871 in .64 turbine on Greedy easy cams. Since my cam shafts are much bigger. Hines the extra top end.

This particular turbocharger has very similar behavior to a GT2871R.

powervs2871.jpg

boostv2871.jpg

Yeah some dynos read different

But at the track the trap speed doesn't lie and seat of pants

This turbo atr28ss2 is certainly the best I have had so far response and top end power

I have tried plenty from

T28

Gt2860rs

Gt2871r 48t

Gt2871r 56t

Pe1420

Td05h18g

T518z

Gt3071r t2

Hksgt2530

Atr28g2

Atr28ss1.5

This has all been tested on my 180sx and my brothers old 180sx most on my car over the 5years

All lowmount t2 and even comparing to big name jap brands and yet the best so far has been the hypergear atr28ss2

I said best power and response

So yes it comes on alil later 200rpm

This 3800rpm but 25psi the pe1420 3600rpm 20psi

220kw pe1420

280kw atr28ss2

Extra 60kw I know what i would rather

The Pe1420 runs out of puff up top yes it spools up quick but only ran a 13.0 with this turbo and did a 13.2 with the t28 both similar mph 110

Edited by hy_rpm

Oh yep, I read the post a couple of times thinking you may have meant that and it still seemed you were saying both spool and power. Yeah that makes sense, our testing with the PE1420 not flowing much more than stock but it was crazy responsive - 20psi at like 3100-3200rpm... but was choking the engine by ~17PSI, 16G on it now holds 20psi no issues but substantially less mental in response and needs till 3600rpm for 20psi.

Sounds like the 28SS2 is a good unit on the SR

I think Tao has hit the head on nail for sr20 t2 low mount turbo

After numerous testing and even my testing back to back same car and mods

Against the

Atr28g2 .64

Atr28ss1.5 .64

Atr28ss1.5 .86

More test driving it with another set of coils and another set of iridium plugs gapped to .6mm seems to have fixed the miss on high boost for now but just blazes the tyres in 2nd

Going to need semis slicks for the drags

Thanks for the feed back and looking forward to some drag video footages.

This is an update based on our SLSS2 Turbocharger, Is the SLSS3. This particular one is aimed to produce 400rwkws on E85 with optimum response. And of course I have made a ball bearing version of it as well as bush.

It is running off an TD06 based, 10cm T3x turbine housing.

slss3front.jpg

slss3rear.jpg

Thanks for the feed back and looking forward to some drag video footages.

This is an update based on our SLSS2 Turbocharger, Is the SLSS3. This particular one is aimed to produce 400rwkws on E85 with optimum response. And of course I have made a ball bearing version...

Of course you make a new version just after I get the SLSS2 lol

Edit: What is different between the SLSS3 and my version of the SLSS2?

Edited by KerrodR33

Looks similar, yet two very different turbochargers. SS3 is no longer using L2 turbine, it is larger on both compressor and turbine end. Obviously in usual situations more HP is based on trade for response. From experience, 20psi will be at 4100RPMs, will post up result once dyno reading available.

• Like 1

Getting the slss2 tuned... Longest few days of my life :( First had a massive exhaust leak so ripped the whole manifold off and the manifold gasket was fubar! Tuner fixed that for me and now we are hitting 100% duty cycle on my injectors and only making 130rwkw >:(

They are brand new 740cc deatschwerks and I'm using a brand new walbro fuel pump!

Blocked fuel filter maybe? Just want to curl up and cry lol

Check fuel pressure as the injectors are opening at 100%duty but the fuels not getting to the cylinders as it's needing that much duty cycle/opening time for enough fuel to make 130kw

Or it's leaking at the manifold

Who is you tuner?

Check fuel pressure as the injectors are opening at 100%duty but the fuels not getting to the cylinders as it's needing that much duty cycle/opening time for enough fuel to make 130kw

Or it's leaking at the manifold

Who is you tuner?

My tuners name is Rick Campbell, great bloke and only guy up here in Darwin willing to tune my car. He is swapping out the fuel filter now as we speak so hopefully that shows results but if it's not is it possible fuel pump is a dud? Brand new from kudos motorsports so I'm sure it's a genuine walbro.