SAU Community

How To Best Launch A V35 Auto Coupe....

Any particulate steps in launching big V coupe....AUTO tranny...

also does the power button makes it hold on to gears for longer and will taking traction control off help...

coming from a light modified manual R33, the V accelaration does not make me jump for joy like the 33 did... mind you i did not buy it for speed to being with

Any particulate steps in launching big V coupe....AUTO tranny...

also does the power button makes it hold on to gears for longer and will taking traction control off help...

coming from a light modified manual R33, the V accelaration does not make me jump for joy like the 33 did... mind you i did not buy it for speed to being with

slide it over into manual mode, turn off traction control, foot on break, rev up to 1500-2500 rpms, release break, floor ... takes practice to get a good launch without wheelspin.. i wouldnt do this personally however as it puts too much stress on the drivetrain but thaz generally how i launch n auto, when its not mine :)

Edited by mjay

slide it over into manual mode, turn off traction control, foot on break, rev up to 1500-2500 rpms, release break, floor ... takes practice to get a good launch without wheelspin.. i wouldnt do this personally however as it puts too much stress on the drivetrain but thaz generally how i launch n auto, when its not mine :)

Eh sounds like you learnt that on your XR6 Turbo. lol

what he needs is a huge 5000rpm stall, a big ass turbo and slicks on the rear. THEN his gearbox will live a short and painfull life. And I dare say so will the diff and engine.

lol, sometimes ive still noticed the traction control kicking in even when its disabled, dosent happen much but yeh still kinda annoying.

As far as launching goes, yeh not the best idea....but in my sisters WV R32 the one with the DSG, they actually have this method printed in the manual!, its kinda encouraged by the way they typed it up.

lol, sometimes ive still noticed the traction control kicking in even when its disabled, dosent happen much but yeh still kinda annoying.

Mate, I think ur clutch is slipping :sick:. When the VDC is disabled, I see no reason for it to kick in randomly...

this is what anoys me...

as the V35 price range gets closer to the 20K mark. it is good because it becomes in reach of my pricerange

but as they reach the 20K mark.. these threads will become more common.

haha

^+1,hahah, good one!.....'clutch is slipping' but its an auto?...its not all the time just rarely, but its noticeable.

....what i dont like is why the V35 price has dropped so low, i mean you can pick up an 03 auto for around 22!!, this suxs!...its such a beautifully made car it should be starting around late 20's.

But i guess it come down to market demand i mean the supply is there, the demand isnt...sigh the jap car import market just isnt what it used to be., and also awareness. not many people know what kinda car this is.

Edited by sethaiyaar

this is what anoys me...

as the V35 price range gets closer to the 20K mark. it is good because it becomes in reach of my pricerange

but as they reach the 20K mark.. these threads will become more common.

haha

:)

Yap, that's true..

mines a 70th Anniversary 2004 Auto - got for 25,500 in Jan

comming from a R33 GTST, i know what your thinking and Yes... V35 will probably be next R33....

not that it's bad thing or anything........ Too many IT guys owning R33, so i though its time to change

Sure there will be V35s getting round in the low 20's but most if not all of them are going to be the base model autos, so no leather, no bose, no tv screen "even though it dosent work here it still looks cool" and no dual climate etc not sure about the air bags and ESP

im glad mine came over with most of the options checked including the wood grain lol, but i still thank the previous owner for the full nismo zhust system, nismo 280km dash, and a decent set of 19" rims :yes:

Back on topic...

Install a line locker to the rear brake hydraulics... hit the switch to disconnect...

first gear in manual mode

left foot hard on brake pedal

right foot on accelerator and dial up 2,500 - 3,000 rpm

as the christmas tree lights up

remove left foot and gradually apply more accelerator pedal.

:D

or buy a manual and side step the clutch at 5,000 rpm!

:w00t::w00t:

No responsibility taken on above advice, but it will work a few times!

As for prices falling, I would hate to see them become the new R33... but I think they might.

Hope I can get mine before I am known as "one of those Skyline owners"

:):D :D

Edited by Stephen Thorpe