SAU Community

Hicas Light In M35 Stagea

cussco

Hi Guys,

I am about to be the proud owner of a M35 Stagea :P:banana: .......Thing is the bloody HICAS light will not go out......Interesting thing is that the steering does not feel heavy in any way.

Can one of you brains out there give me some reliable information on this bloody light...

The car is immaculate and travelled only 52k, super clean and tidy. Is there a test mode you can run such as the gtst32's and 33's????

Who would have the diagnostic equipment and be reliable enough to trust to use it in the sydney area? Finally who is most likley to have M35 stagea parts in sydney?

Thanks Guys.

Cusco

Congrats,

I just picked up once 2 months ago with 52k on the clock, it's up to 58k now :)

You'll need to put some pics and info up once you collect it so if we spot you around we can beep ya.

Not sure if this will help but recently there was a thread on ECU fault codes, give it a shot.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ec...-W-t261557.html

As for hooking up to computer for diagnostic etc, from what I've heard Hornsby Nissan are very popular and enjoy working on the imports. A lot of Nissan dealer's don't want anything to do with them regrettfully (i.e. Blacktown Nissan). I havn't been to them myself yet but will be in the next few months as I need a rubber seal replaced on my rear sunroof as it's split in the corner.

As for the parts, Nissan Australia could probably get them in but I would shop around just incase they are too expensive. There is a For Sale section to the Stagea forum which may be worth searching or even putting a Wanted to Buy (WTB) in and seeing what the guys have sitting around in the garage gathering dust.

I havn't used them yet but there is also a mob in SA called NissWreck (www.nisswreck.com.au) who sometimes have V35's being wrecked, you would need to make sure the part is the same as the M35 part though. But some food for thought incase you need stuff that is compatible with the V35.

Hope to see you at the cruise one Thursday night, we'll increase the M35 population ;) Maybe one day out number the Skyline's *evil laff*

thanks for the link Stephen, told ya id forget as soon as you told me lol

slightly (ok completely) off topic, check out the hit this V35 copped, and its still in fairly good shape!!

http://www.nisswreck.com.au/html/loadimg.p.../v35_646_lg.jpg

i know the M35 has a 5 star crash rating, does the V35 also have one??

thanks for the link Stephen, told ya id forget as soon as you told me lol

i know the M35 has a 5 star crash rating, does the V35 also have one??

Yep

Edited by iamhe77

Ouchies, nice driver side impact :D Imagine if it was a Hyndai or any typical aussie made ultra thin panel car. Cut the f*cker in half :P

And sorry about the address Ian, I meant to email it to you, I knew I had forgot to do something!!

I noticed the inside of the V35, especially the front, shares similiar interior and console etc. to the M35.

nah its all good mate! i need a suspension part and these guys will probably have one.

someone has jacked the car up via one of the link arms and bent it!!! :blush:

Hi Guys,

I am about to be the proud owner of a M35 Stagea :P:P .......Thing is the bloody HICAS light will not go out......Interesting thing is that the steering does not feel heavy in any way.

Can one of you brains out there give me some reliable information on this bloody light...

The car is immaculate and travelled only 52k, super clean and tidy. Is there a test mode you can run such as the gtst32's and 33's????

Who would have the diagnostic equipment and be reliable enough to trust to use it in the sydney area? Finally who is most likley to have M35 stagea parts in sydney?

Thanks Guys.

Cusco

Hi all,

Thanks for your help fellas, Took the car to Nissan and put it on the diagnostics. Turns out that the warning light was coming on due to the HICAS relay having a low voltage out-put. How sweet are nissan diagnostic systems!!!!

Ill post up some pics when i get the car back.

Cheers

Ouchies, nice driver side impact :ninja: Imagine if it was a Hyndai or any typical aussie made ultra thin panel car.

heard this one the other day:

HYUNDAI = Here's Y U Never Drive An Import.

gave me a good laugh :D (sorry off topic again)

Edited by pixel8r

ohh yeah sorry i totally hijacked your thread Brad! congrats on the new ride, just out of curiosity, what colour is it??

Hey man

Dark metalic blue............why do you ask?

• 10 months later...

I picked up an AR-X yesterday and this morning the HICAS light came on. Noticed that the earth strap connecting the hicas motor and exhaust to the body was fairly corroded so I changed it (just made one out of heavy gauge wire) and it was fixed. Try this before you spend any money on mechanics.

• 6 months later...
I picked up an AR-X yesterday and this morning the HICAS light came on. Noticed that the earth strap connecting the hicas motor and exhaust to the body was fairly corroded so I changed it (just made one out of heavy gauge wire) and it was fixed. Try this before you spend any money on mechanics.

Nice one Ben.

• 7 months later...

It seems that I have the same problem.... my wiring seems to be OK. Has it been fixed? how much did it cost? any further info in case I want to take my car to NISSAN in hornsby?

Cheers,

Fabio

Hi all,

Thanks for your help fellas, Took the car to Nissan and put it on the diagnostics. Turns out that the warning light was coming on due to the HICAS relay having a low voltage out-put. How sweet are nissan diagnostic systems!!!!

Ill post up some pics when i get the car back.

Cheers

lol I just cut mine off.. theres an earth going somewhere else any from the Hicas..