SAU Community

Adm R35 Gtr - What The Car Did Not Come With....but...

OK guys, I have had my car for just over 5 days now and have read the users manual and gone through a lot of online stuff, however I cannot get over some of the following points and I want to be sure I am not missing something;

1) No sat nav - the US market and JDM market have these but not for us. NAGTROC mention an input plug in their model, can we tap an aftermarket product into our cars somehow so it comes up on the screen or what solution are people coming up with?

2) The US model can play DVD's, as far as I can tell we cannot, once again NAGTROC.

3) The US model has an Aux in...do we have the same.

Link for the wiring and connections: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25216

Other questions:

I go into my tyre pressure and it is in kPa, the manual shows PSI and kPa, however I have no option for changing to PSI in the units mode.

I do not have all the menu items listed in the features, I will go through more later, but I would love to hear from everyone who has any solutions or ideas about the above.

I did the:

Hold Settings and turn the knob next to function and went into the setup menu, however nothing too interesting here...just changed the cars name from My Car to Jeff's GTR.

Basically I would love to have Aussie owners post solutions they find to the things our cars are missing...or mods they come up with.

Cheers,

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbo, congratulations hope you are having fun.

I am working on a solution with one of the guys here (Chris Rogers) for Sat Nav, rear camera and Aux imput.

He/I will keep you posted. I am certainly no expert myself so appreciate the knowledge of others also.

Guys i know the rear camera is a quick and easy one to do, ive seen the camera setup go into an R35 here in Aus, took about 2 hours from memory. Pretty simple job too. (I gave the bloke the key, had lunch, bludged a bit on the net, then it was done)

EDIT: Looks as factory as it ever could. Most people couldnt even see the camera until I showed them where it is :)

Have you asked the dealer about these?I mean nissan have been spruking of back up ect.....I hope you dont take this the wrong way but id be drilling them over everything......The info from people on this has always been fantastic on all models,I just hope that you have or intend to drill them out on any info you need ...after all in there words....we are all fringe dwellers :)

Guys i know the rear camera is a quick and easy one to do, ive seen the camera setup go into an R35 here in Aus, took about 2 hours from memory. Pretty simple job too. (I gave the bloke the key, had lunch, bludged a bit on the net, then it was done)

EDIT: Looks as factory as it ever could. Most people couldnt even see the camera until I showed them where it is :)

Please let me know any details, I am very keen to get this done and as I am based in Sydney so if someone has experience it would be great.

PM me if you like.

Cheers

Have you asked the dealer about these?I mean nissan have been spruking of back up ect.....I hope you dont take this the wrong way but id be drilling them over everything......The info from people on this has always been fantastic on all models,I just hope that you have or intend to drill them out on any info you need ...after all in there words....we are all fringe dwellers :)

Nissan made it very clear to me when I picked my car up, "If it was not provided with the car from Japan then they would not provide it or warrant it" The GPS they offered me has evaporated, hell I did not even get a proper key ring or number plate covers.

I am curious, the guys from Brookvale, what did Nissan give you with your car? Keyring, number plate covers etc....anything?

Cheers

Nissan made it very clear to me when I picked my car up, "If it was not provided with the car from Japan then they would not provide it or warrant it" The GPS they offered me has evaporated, hell I did not even get a proper key ring or number plate covers.

I am curious, the guys from Brookvale, what did Nissan give you with your car? Keyring, number plate covers etc....anything?

Cheers

with Brookvale i got number plate covers and two key rings (one metal and one leather) + a little GTR model in a box. No floor mats though, they are apparently coming soon.

Please let me know any details, I am very keen to get this done and as I am based in Sydney so if someone has experience it would be great.

PM me if you like.

Cheers

No probs, PM is on its way

Cheers

At Von Bibra Nissan gold coast I received GTR floor mats, metal key ring x 1 and the model, some book is on its way from nissan also

Cheers

Thats awfully nice of them...they really are a bunch of turds

The ADM not having a decent way of moving music onto the car was a big one for me that was so cheap of Nissan removing cf card. Perhaps the AUX in could have an plug attached that plugs into the iPhones?

I'd be interested in putting on a JDM reverse camera if anyone has success buying an fitting one please pm me if ur selling them.

There's something cool about being told off by that chick when you move a JDM and dont wear the seat belt. Im sure she's just destroying you in japanese

Well that's just f**king rude, cut out a lot of gear and charge top dollar.. I cannot believe it does not come with SatNav considering the price tag! Nice work, Nissan. (Assholes)

Gibbo, congratulations hope you are having fun.

I am working on a solution with one of the guys here (Chris Rogers) for Sat Nav, rear camera and Aux imput.

He/I will keep you posted. I am certainly no expert myself so appreciate the knowledge of others also.

What a joke 150k grand car you have to stuff around with this nonsense shoulda gone European........ M3 would be been nice.

No sat nav gear ? you get that these days with 40-50 k cars. I personally wouldnt get a Gtr if i had the cash

is there any way of retrofitting the CF card / slot? I wonder if the wiring harness is set up for it already

not that I can see. I had one down today and no. its a hardware difference.

that said I did find a GPS antenna on the ADM version I had today. not sure why, I would LOVE to get one of these on to a consult 3 and have a fiddle.

The ADM not having a decent way of moving music onto the car was a big one for me that was so cheap of Nissan removing cf card. Perhaps the AUX in could have an plug attached that plugs into the iPhones?

I'd be interested in putting on a JDM reverse camera if anyone has success buying an fitting one please pm me if ur selling them.

I can get them. that's the easy bit. your profile says JDM - do you have that car or a ADM one. I would like to tear a JDM car down to note differences.

The Aussie cars I have seen dont have voice recognition software, ie. there is no cute sounding little Japanese chick to answer Sumo commands when driving. No biggie, but like the CF card its a mystery why its not there? :wacko:

It's a hardware difference. there are two different part numbers in the JDM fast I have and only one for the ADM FAST . neither of them match up. that said I dare say a LOT of it is turned off. if there is someone that can code in linux then anything is possible. (they run GNX in standard form)

What a joke 150k grand car you have to stuff around with this nonsense shoulda gone European........ M3 would be been nice.

No sat nav gear ? you get that these days with 40-50 k cars. I personally wouldnt get a Gtr if i had the cash

nope and so real way I can see at this stage to get audio/video neatly into it either.

For the things it lacks the GTR is still an awesome car. The acceleration and sheer fun of this package make you forget the small things that are omitted. I picked up a Navman S200 and mounted it under the CD player. The section there is big enough and shaded enough to fit and view the S200 perfectly. You can run the power cable under the middle console so that you can not see it and into the power outlet in the middle console itself, alternatively you can just run it beside your seat. Using the front power outlet made it look unsightly.

Other than that, I am just waiting on getting the reversing camera pricing and I will be a happy chap.

However if anyone finds a way to activate the GPS on the ADM cars please let me know.

Cheers,

Jeff