SAU Community

New Speed Camera?

Kelvin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just on a quick note, has any1 seen a camera that doesn't flash?, i was driving on the freeway home at about 3am and probably doing just over the limit approx 110 when i notice a red light on the corner of my eye.

it was spotted heading north between canning hwy and mill point. i hope im just paranoid and eyes playing tricks on me when im tired and it not something new that the cops are using, im certain it didn't flash like the usual pulse, more of the red led shine so to speak. :S

you cant see the beam of laser used on hand held with a naked eye.

f**k im really pissed off that the system. guilty until proven innocent, the only way u can get out of it is go to court where time and money is required.

i got told that if every1 contested their speeding infringement in court, speed cameras will be off the streets within a month.

1. you take 1 camera operator to court (taking 1 cam off the street) for the day. reducing revenue that the cam could have made.

2. you plea guilty + court fees so it cost you 120 bux, i think but it cost the government $5k +

would love to see theory put to test.

you cant see the beam of laser used on hand held with a naked eye.

f**k im really pissed off that the system. guilty until proven innocent, the only way u can get out of it is go to court where time and money is required.

i got told that if every1 contested their speeding infringement in court, speed cameras will be off the streets within a month.

1. you take 1 camera operator to court (taking 1 cam off the street) for the day. reducing revenue that the cam could have made.

2. you plea guilty + court fees so it cost you 120 bux, i think but it cost the government $5k +

would love to see theory put to test.

sounds good.

I'm coming up with a theory about how we should all not buy fuel for one day. Its an awesome idea and I think i'll be awarded for it in the future.

ps you said naked.

The government dosnt really want people to stop speeding . . . they say there doing things to stop it (which they do a bit), BUT. . just imaging if no one sped. . . Think about how much money they would loose if everyone did the right thing. . .

So. . . Technically. . When we speed and get caught and fined, we are actually helping WA . . lol

so exactly which roads are being fixed? I would have figured $200m would have fixed some common busy roads e.g F*#king flinders street in yokine. the left lane is stupidly bumpy, with crap eveywhere, and ive got stock suspension!!

we need a radar jammer hidden in the car, which can be turned off when needed so cops cant detect it when they pull you over.

steve

so exactly which roads are being fixed? I would have figured $200m would have fixed some common busy roads e.g F*#king flinders street in yokine. the left lane is stupidly bumpy, with crap eveywhere, and ive got stock suspension!!

we need a radar jammer hidden in the car, which can be turned off when needed so cops cant detect it when they pull you over.

steve

i thought they had sensors in the handheld laser units which tell them if their signal is being jammed? then they'd just search your car till they found the unit..

i thought they had sensors in the handheld laser units which tell them if their signal is being jammed? then they'd just search your car till they found the unit..

I believe it is not illegal to use/posess a laser jammer in WA. The legality of them has not yet been tested in court and they fall between the gaps of the telecoms act. (Radar jammers are a very different issue and are treated specifically under the telcoms act as an illegal transmitter).

Most laser jammers will only operate for a few seconds to allow you to slow down then switch off (or so I am told) :mad:

I believe it is not illegal to use/posess a laser jammer in WA. The legality of them has not yet been tested in court and they fall between the gaps of the telecoms act. (Radar jammers are a very different issue and are treated specifically under the telcoms act as an illegal transmitter).

Most laser jammers will only operate for a few seconds to allow you to slow down then switch off (or so I am told) :)

ooo interesting

just on a quick note, has any1 seen a camera that doesn't flash?, i was driving on the freeway home at about 3am and probably doing just over the limit approx 110 when i notice a red light on the corner of my eye.

it was spotted heading north between canning hwy and mill point. i hope im just paranoid and eyes playing tricks on me when im tired and it not something new that the cops are using, im certain it didn't flash like the usual pulse, more of the red led shine so to speak. :S

The Multanovas have a red filter that goes over the flash unit at night to reduce driver blindness. It is not infra red, just a coloured filter.

If nothing flashed, you're safe. If it was a red flash, then it got you.

You won't see any lasers or "red dots" from laser guns (all hand helds are laser in WA)

The government is counting on people speeding (fines are in every budget AND this figure increases every budget) - so much for speed cameras working

You won't find a radar jammer anywhere that works. The rocky mount radar brand was a hoax and the only active radar jammer that "apparently" worked (Scorpion RCD) does not jam my Kustom Eagle (K-band) dash mounted radar (tried it, fail)

Laser jammers do work (all the decent ones on the market do not show jamming codes on the Ultralytes used in WA)

The Multanovas have a red filter that goes over the flash unit at night to reduce driver blindness. It is not infra red, just a coloured filter.

If nothing flashed, you're safe. If it was a red flash, then it got you.

You won't see any lasers or "red dots" from laser guns (all hand helds are laser in WA)

The government is counting on people speeding (fines are in every budget AND this figure increases every budget) - so much for speed cameras working

You won't find a radar jammer anywhere that works. The rocky mount radar brand was a hoax and the only active radar jammer that "apparently" worked (Scorpion RCD) does not jam my Kustom Eagle (K-band) dash mounted radar (tried it, fail)

Laser jammers do work (all the decent ones on the market do not show jamming codes on the Ultralytes used in WA)

are you a police officer?

I know someone with a laser jammer installed. Reckons it works a treat.

Goes nuts when its jamming something so you hit the break and flick the switch to turn it off.

They get a reading and you drive past.