SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

Thanks everyone for quick replies, I guess my decision on the setup above is obvious...

Gotta stop being a cheap bastard and get'em BC's and be happy, it's just 1299$ or whatever they are feels like heaps of money, but once I look into other mods (unnecessary at this point, but inevitable in future), e.g. FMIC, hi-flo, p1ggyback etc., BC seems reasonable option vs. result. I guess I just gotta wait till something comes by with the BC "PM group buy"... :)

I most likely will be getting the Whiteline swaybar setup, once group buy option on it comes through.

Thanks again...

BC seems reasonable option vs. result. I guess I just gotta wait till something comes by with the BC "PM group buy"... :)

Yeah, you and Aaron should get in on the group buy and save yourselves 38 cents. Oops, I've said too much....

Yeah, you and Aaron should get in on the group buy and save yourselves 38 cents. Oops, I've said too much....

haha yeh i will man. wont be long till i get hold of some!

• 1 month later...

Good deal, but using their shipping calculator works out to about $1500 AUD shipped air/EMS. Import Monster commission is $145!

Based on everything I've read I'm not sure they'll be worth the extra over the BCs?

Edit: Found this link while searching the forums for info on Silk Roads... very useful for IM suspension searches... http://www.importmonster.com.au/yahoo?cat=2084198619&term=m35&page=2

Edited by bigkevracer

Good deal, but using their shipping calculator works out to about $1500 AUD shipped air/EMS. Import Monster commission is $145!

Based on everything I've read I'm not sure they'll be worth the extra over the BCs?

Edit: Found this link while searching the forums for info on Silk Roads... very useful for IM suspension searches... http://www.importmon...term=m35&page=2

Via sea if it went for about $900 you should have it here for about $1,200(not using IM)....still pretty cheap.....I suspect that they might be a little better than BC's.

PS.....page one of this thread has more info!!!

Edited by Jetwreck

Via sea if it went for about $900 you should have it here for about $1,200(not using IM)....still pretty cheap.....I suspect that they might be a little better than BC's.

PS.....page one of this thread has more info!!!

Yeah I read page 1, but I'm not a mechanic, so it may as well be in Japanese to me! Sounds like the Silk Roads have a higher spring rate so will probably be a bit firmer, but that doesn't necessarily translate to better...

Some cheap second hand Tiens on there too.

Sea is fine but IM wanted to ship it to Melbourne, which doesn't help me :wacko:

You know that how? Guessing doesnt help. :nyaanyaa:

Just remember, Just Jap can get replacement parts and different spring rates for the BC's...

suspect......different to knowing!

Each one to the own ....I also suspect that my current suspension is better than yours! cheers.gif

Hmm the spring rate on those are 16kg front...I suspect they will be motherf**king firm on our roads....

Most of the suspensions listed on page one are around 8-10kg for the front...

Edited by ironpaw

i rekon my 10kg frnt springs are a little light. id go 12s all around. the rear is a LITTLE too bumpy. but it helps me lose traction and scare the neighbourhood

Hi all,

For anyone who has BCs on an ARX, how would you rate the height and firmness. Input from others with BCs would also be appreciated.

A) Ride height adjustable range on a scale of 1-10 (If the standard ARX height is a 10 and completely dumped on its arse is a 1). eg 2-8, 4-10 etc.

B) Firmness/ softness on a scale of 1-10 (if standard suspension is a soft 2 or 3?).

This would definitely help I think for people like myself who want to get coilovers but are worried about sacrifices to comfort and ride quality.

Cheers

Hi all,

For anyone who has BCs on an ARX, how would you rate the height and firmness. Input from others with BCs would also be appreciated.

A) Ride height adjustable range on a scale of 1-10 (If the standard ARX height is a 10 and completely dumped on its arse is a 1). eg 2-8, 4-10 etc.

B) Firmness/ softness on a scale of 1-10 (if standard suspension is a soft 2 or 3?).

This would definitely help I think for people like myself who want to get coilovers but are worried about sacrifices to comfort and ride quality.

Cheers

Don't think anyone has BC's on an AR-X yet.......well know one that I have heard of on here.

About to order some bc's for my stag, sick of shitty slammed springs making me bottom out practically every day. I do like a fang but my 180s for that, do you guys recon 12 kg's all round I like what zei said hahah

About to order some bc's for my stag, sick of shitty slammed springs making me bottom out practically every day. I do like a fang but my 180s for that, do you guys recon 12 kg's all round I like what zei said hahah

What springs you got? I wana bottom out.... :(

I'm still trying to research what's the best suspension to use to go low. BC are cheap and go low, but how low? Then there's StanceWorks ZeroClearance coilovers for the 350Z which are built to go low not for performance, but they're a little more pricey.