SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

Good job, I hope you can get the numbers to make it worthwhile. Seems to be the only stumbling block with Group Buys.

How will you go with not publishing the price?

Good job, I hope you can get the numbers to make it worthwhile. Seems to be the only stumbling block with Group Buys.

How will you go with not publishing the price?

Yeah may be difficult to organise a group buy on here without publishing the price. Theyre pretty strict about the rules, and understandably so - for the protection of the community

Fair point re group buy rules. Didn't think of that.

Well, for starters, I could ask Iain (nicely) if I could run it over at m35stagea, but I still couldn't mention the price there either...

It could just end up being a case of a bunch of blokes emailing each other to arrange the details and doing if 'off the record'.

In any case, everyone who has posted since I wrote about my conversation now has a PM with the details. Feel free to get back to me if it looks worthwhile.

Anyone else who wants to know just has to ask. They didn't say I couldn't tell everyone, just not to leave it up in internet land for everyone who searches for the next 20 years to find.:unsure:

One other thing, just because I was a asked not to post the actual discount doesn't mean it's a big discount. It's not. It's not even 3 figures, which is sorta crap.

The question was raised, I made a coupla calls and posted the result, that's all. I'm not going to try to convince anyone so that I can get a good deal. Hell, I'm happy paying retail price on these 'cause they are such good value by all accounts. (mmm, unless is a case of 'come on in, the water's fine' and then the jokes on me :laugh: )

This suedo GB is only going to suit those who are in the market for BC's now (or in the next few weeks) and were going to buy them anyway. It's nowhere near enough discount to make someone think they'd better jump in now instead of waiting 3 months like planned. It is, however, better than a slap in the face (marginally).

For the next week or two (maybe) I'll PM the info to anyone that asks, but don't feel you've got to reply saying 'no' or 'is that all?" etc. Trust me, I understand. (And no probs to those who have already let me know :))

Cheers, Leon

im pretty sure they are fine unless your have an in car adjustable system whilst driving. ie air bags or electric damper control.

for these things you'll need an engineers certificate, and have these disables whilst in gear.

coilovers are fine. and im pretty sure it is around the country. why dont you just call Sa Roads.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys ive just figured out that any 350 z adjustable upper arms can fir straight into the NM35

as the stagea after market coilovers cant use camber plates

so you can use 350z arms to get a slight camber

The lower rear arms also fit.

With hub centre to guard heights of 360mm front and 350mm rear I already have -1 deg front and rear. The lower you go from there; the more neg camber you'll have.

How much neg camber do you want?

The lower rear arms also fit.

With hub centre to guard heights of 360mm front and 350mm rear I already have -1 deg front and rear. The lower you go from there; the more neg camber you'll have.

How much neg camber do you want?

so its true i cant take the upper a arms for a 350z

and the rear arms from a 350z and they will both bolt straight in ?

Edited by Sidius

hey guys ive just figured out that any 350 z adjustable upper arms can fir straight into the NM35

as the stagea after market coilovers cant use camber plates

so you can use 350z arms to get a slight camber

so its true i cant take the upper a arms for a 350z

and the rear arms from a 350z and they will both bolt straight in ?

Did I miss something, or are you asking if the 350Z upper arms fit?

From my own research with the sway bars indicates that the 350Z rear, top arms look identical, but our subframe is 25mm narrower. This is why 350Z bars don't fit our car.

To be honest, I'd be looking at offset A arm bushings first, that way you can still have decent ride. Most of the cheaper adjustable arms look to be built quite light, and the beefy ones are NOT cheap.

The only reason I'd go to adjustable arms is if you were tracking the car, & needed rapid, easy adjustment.

Was just checking out Russian Stagea site www.nismo.ru. There guys are raving about Kayaba shocks KYB SR NEW SPECIAL for ARX. I looked-up the KYB website in Australia, and they don't have anything for Stagea. So the question is has anyone looked into that option at all?

Was just checking out Russian Stagea site www.nismo.ru. There guys are raving about Kayaba shocks KYB SR NEW SPECIAL for ARX. I looked-up the KYB website in Australia, and they don't have anything for Stagea. So the question is has anyone looked into that option at all?

The KYB gear should be fairly easy to get through Import Monster. A fella called Danny, who used to be on here a couple of years ago, fitted KYB's and low springs (Eibach's, I think) and he was quite pleased.

This was before the BC kits became available, and all you had to choose from was $2500+ coilover kits (poor exchange rate) or lowered springs & Bilsteins (still fairly pricey, and hard to get). There are a lot more options now the cars are more common.

I guess it's really a matter of how much you have to spend, and how far you want to go.

If you only wanted new shocks; it'd be a fair option. If however, you were going to do springs AND shocks; that changes the game a bit.

For the same kind of money (maybe a little more) as importing shocks & springs; you could do BC coilovers and then be able to set the car up EXACTLY how you wish.

The KYB gear should be fairly easy to get through Import Monster. A fella called Danny, who used to be on here a couple of years ago, fitted KYB's and low springs (Eibach's, I think) and he was quite pleased.

This was before the BC kits became available, and all you had to choose from was $2500+ coilover kits (poor exchange rate) or lowered springs & Bilsteins (still fairly pricey, and hard to get). There are a lot more options now the cars are more common.

I guess it's really a matter of how much you have to spend, and how far you want to go.

If you only wanted new shocks; it'd be a fair option. If however, you were going to do springs AND shocks; that changes the game a bit.

For the same kind of money (maybe a little more) as importing shocks & springs; you could do BC coilovers and then be able to set the car up EXACTLY how you wish.

Thanks... I was just hoping they are readily available in Australia at the regular 300-400$ for shocks all'round... I guess BC is realistically the best option available... Was just hoping for a bit more generous discount... (not that I am complaining or anything).

Just bumped into another value for money, if not cheap&best option for my 2001 ARX

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/356597-plenty-of-r33gtr-bits-some-r34gtt-bits-and-v35-coilovers/

I know a few people here installed stock v35 suspension on ARX (e.g. Aaron). And the main argument against was that v35 is too soft. This set is a stiffer 1, figures are somewhat comparable with BC setup.

I was also looking into dropping ARX a bit, say, to a regular m35 height, to reduce body roll. So just interested in your opinion on viability of this option as I am not much of a mechanical person and a total noob once it concerns Stags. Any opinions and info is greatly appreciated, as 300$ to right now is definitely the way to go over 1300$... :)

Just bumped into another value for money, if not cheap&best option for my 2001 ARX

http://www.skylinesa...-v35-coilovers/

I know a few people here installed stock v35 suspension on ARX (e.g. Aaron). And the main argument against was that v35 is too soft. This set is a stiffer 1, figures are somewhat comparable with BC setup.

I was also looking into dropping ARX a bit, say, to a regular m35 height, to reduce body roll. So just interested in your opinion on viability of this option as I am not much of a mechanical person and a total noob once it concerns Stags. Any opinions and info is greatly appreciated, as 300$ to right now is definitely the way to go over 1300$... :)

Those are no good for you. The fronts on your ARX, and all 4WD NM/PM Stageas are completely different.

You'd be better off giving these a look; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-NM35-STAGEA-RS-R-Ti2000-COILOVERS-/140518850653?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b793805d Within your budget, theres a pic of the car with them installed to get an idea of height.

Sway bars are a much better way of eliminating body roll, but I know where you're going with your line of thought.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/356597-plenty-of-r33gtr-bits-some-r34gtt-bits-and-v35-coilovers/

Aaron put my V35 springs in his, with my stock M35 RS shocks. The front is very low and needs a spacer under it, like when I had them.

Just go the BC's, they are a great unit for the price and fully adjustable.