SAU Community

Rb26/30 Build, Yet Another One... ;)

Simonster

I had a quick look, I cant see if anyone suggested two different engine mounts???? Perhaps an rb20 mount or rb25 one on one side and standard on otherside???

Does that class as outside the box???

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not my place to say it here so I won't.

Adding spacers to the rear of the bonnet works though :P

Just do the marko and cut that bracing!

It's still using standard RB26 mounts :(

If you want it to fit, take your car to Mick at Signature Performance in Raceview QLD :P

I know that Paul probably knows' how to do it, he has been talking to Mick ;)

Fitted my Sil80 road rims/tyres to pass rego as the tyres on the Enkie's have bald inners due to shit alignment crap castor.

Here's a few pics

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Just fkn tell us already!!

Mine "fit" without changing anything but the bonnet just barely closed, and that was with spacers.

Now I have slotted the engine mounts and gained some more clearance (2WD platform) but I still want to know wtf you did! Please don't let this question drag on for another 6 months!!

I was going to suggest that the timing covers are 'off' early this morning....but I didnt have anything to compare too.

Just checked out the pictures again. Drivers side high point been ground down...

lol just looked again and now im not so sure :cheers:

Edited by r33_racer

• 3 weeks later...

Marko thanks for putting us out of our misery. Unbelievably (because I wouldn't expect anyone to believe it now) when I did mine I fleetingly wondered about RB25 covers, knowing that they are slimmer. Didn't think it was enough to make a difference though. And I was a bit dogged about keeping the RB26 ones. Bugger!

ive had an abundance of pm's on this thread so here is the answer...the engine covers are not rb26 BUT rb25 (or was it rb20) :unsure:

errrr.. but in the photos he still has a RB26 cambelt cover on.. and this is one of the main parts that interferes with the bonnet - my engine covers don't hit at all - only the twin turbo badge and the RB26 Cam-belt cover.. How does changing the engine covers help Marko? Am I missing something obvious?

Really appreciate that someone has actually told us something though - rather than just dicking us all around.. after all this isn't a secret internal engine mod for more ponies or some tuning secret - its just how to get these thing to fit without cutting the bonnet and another step toward making the car 'legal'.. just what forums are for I would have thought.

Any more info other than engine covers Marko?

I understand your view but if u reduce the height via cam covers then marry the rb26 front cover to suit the new height the clearance is accomplished...or just use the rb25 front cover as well

Anyway, once this mod is done it doesn't address the clearance issue with the twin turbo pipe as it will rub the paint off if resprayed like mine?