Rb26/30 Build, Yet Another One... ;)

Simonster

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marko we all know the reason you don't like rb30s is it had to much low down torque and you looped it and smacked a wall

We ALL know? You are a champion lol and I must say, thank you for sharing that - 10 points to the man with the microphone! Besides, I wouldn't go shooting off remarks like that unless you understood the root cause and in fact why the rear tyre peeled off the rim.

Your comment has no validation to capacity what so ever.

I had the opportunity to keep my rb30 and decided not to which clearly demonstrates that I prefer an rb26 and subsequently have my old car back...I've been there and done that, I've had my fair share of clapped out imports and now have my aust gtr :)

Tyres don't just peel off, I'm sure you know that, the force required to unbead the tyre from the rim is quite substantial and could only be caused by the rim/tyre impacting the gutter or pot hole from hell

I have seen tyres go flat and people drive on them until the side wall separated from the actuall tyre, but the bead was still attached to the rim.

As for capacity, on the street the rb30 would always be the best choice. cause I like drive up a hill with my a/c going and not have to change from 4th to second to get up there

Edited by r32-25t

Tyres don't just peel off, I'm sure you know that, the force required to unbead the tyre from the rim is quite substantial and could only be caused by the rim/tyre impacting the gutter or pot hole from hell

I have seen tyres go flat and people drive on them until the side wall separated from the actuall tyre, but the bead was still attached to the rim.

As for capacity, on the street the rb30 would always be the best choice. cause I like drive up a hill with my a/c going and not have to change from 4th to second to get up there

How can u draw a conclusion when u don't know the sequence of events? This is way off topic and again simon, I apologise.

Sorry if I have been abrupt but I shouldn't even have to apologise on this front...

Rb30 is an awesome engine, so is the rb26

Yeah GTR's on a spirited drive in January without aircon sucks!!!!! All that heat coming through the gearbox tunnel... Ewww. The front passengers right leg gets warm aswell.

Yeah GTR's on a spirited drive in January without aircon sucks!!!!! All that heat coming through the gearbox tunnel... Ewww. The front passengers right leg gets warm aswell.

How in the world did we go from tyres issues to aircon. WTF?? :pirate:

So back to my build thread rather than chat thread. I don't at all mind the banter thats been going on in this thread for the last 2 weeks or so, as long as its helpful.

I hope to twist my other tuners arm this week and get the GTR on the dyno to see what he thinks is going on....

• 3 years later...

Just read the thread, I see this finished mid 2011, does it still stand true that the 26 is better on the track than the RB30, the Nitto 3.2 strokers rev to 10,000 and do not seem to drop off after 7000rpm and continue to go hard to the limiter??

Maybe I misunderstood ?

No its not true that 26s are better on the track. It is true that there have been a few more highly developed RB30 32 and 34s built in the last few years and they can indeed rev to 10k but at the end of the day , when all's said and done etc etc the fastest car on the track will be the best built best driven car and the capacity will just be a factor, not the deciding factor.

Yeah, after reading a lot of builds it seems the strokers are starting to be developed to rev higher as well as having the low/mid grunt.

Seems the Nitto 3.2Lt seems to be a well made unit and can handle a heap of HP while revving to 10,000+

I am building a Nitto 3.2 but as a DD and probably limited to 8000rpm ish depending how it all works in together.

You will be aware that RIPS put a 3.2 (pretty sure it was a Nitto) in a Stagea and made 1000kw...

Rips have put them in a few Rs, MGAWOT 1 & 11 and @ 1500HP, they seem to do some amazing things. Nitto in QLD goes hard @1000HP+ :) CRD has done some quick Rs