SAU Community

Sandown - Sun 28 June

Bec

Adam, are you looking at getting a Racepace exhaust? If they are black flagging you after one session then that is no fun. It was funny at first, but my lst Sandown and PI were ruined as i only got 4 laps at each with full noise because of the EPA. Maybe i need to sell my titanium exhaust to help fund a good flowing quiest exhaust :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam, are you looking at getting a Racepace exhaust? If they are black flagging you after one session then that is no fun. It was funny at first, but my lst Sandown and PI were ruined as i only got 4 laps at each with full noise because of the EPA. Maybe i need to sell my titanium exhaust to help fund a good flowing quiest exhaust :)

Heh i'm pretty sure its not your exhaust that is your problem with the noise police....

fairly certain it would have something to do with that external screamer pipe....

Yeh, but i would like to go bigger then 80mm f i was going to plumb back my gate. A friend in Sydney running about the same power from teh same turbo setup on an R33 lost about 15-20kws from plumbing it in and also had boost control problems...si i have never bothered.

except 3 out of your 5 fastest track times are in a GTR;)

nah awesome effort, great to see the beast making some serious progress... looking at the video you should get a medal for bravery!

I was thinking about the rear grip in your car and wondering, with tyres as wide as you have and a pretty light car you would need a really soft compound tyre to take advantage of the width etc... perhaps they're too hard? I don't know what's available in that size but I would assume its pretty limited until you go to a full slick?

just checked the regulations, and noticed a few things

Tow hooks? do we need like a sticker or something pointing to where it is?? i'm not sure where mine is, but i have a feeling it would be hard to get if it's around the front bumper area

Two methods of securing the bonnet? I don't have bonnet pins or anything like that... does that mean i'm kinda stuck when it comes to this area?

And you have to tape up your headlights yeah?

Two methods of securing the bonnet? I don't have bonnet pins or anything like that... does that mean i'm kinda stuck when it comes to this area?

just have a look at the last WRX day Sandown thread for ideas, there was some pics of Juliettes 2ndary bonnet strap she made.

just checked the regulations, and noticed a few things

Tow hooks? do we need like a sticker or something pointing to where it is?? i'm not sure where mine is, but i have a feeling it would be hard to get if it's around the front bumper area

And you have to tape up your headlights yeah?

Daniel,

You do not need a sticker for your tow tooks as you will usually be by the car if it needs a tow and as long as you know where they are you can tell the marshalls. Be aware though that there is a chance of some damage to your front bar/lip due to the location of the std tow hook.

2nd bonnet restraint is simple....some braided steel line and some clamps is all you will need - as per what Roman said^

If you are taking your R34 no you don't need to tape your headlights - you only need to do this if they are made of glass.

just have a look at the last WRX day Sandown thread for ideas, there was some pics of Juliettes 2ndary bonnet strap she made.

They passed it so you should be all good if you make one. All parts can be bought from Bunnings, will cost you around $20.00

if you have a normal bonnet it comes with a secondary restraint.

Some scruitineers will argue that though. At superlap you wouldn't pass with just the standard latch. Even though it's 2 mechanisms they'll argue that it is one 'system' that can fail....

Hope everybody has a good day. What has happened to Matt and the R34? He was knocking on the door os some nice low times but has had his share of dramas....hope he gets out there and gets a PB!